Paper For My FSU English Class

CapeFish

I just think its funny.

Any intelligent professor can tell if something is really plagerised anyway. Then again thats big schools for you, do the professors even read every paper in a 100+ member class?

Well, actually there are around 20 in my English class. We are not taught by a professor but by an instructor. Usually a grad student, sometimes an adjunct professor.

Professors typically teach higher level classes and conduct research.

man in all my college experience, i never had any class taught by a TA. Those classes cant nearly be as rewarding with them teaching, no matter how good they are.

I agree to some extent, however...

I've had classes tought by people with Masters and no doctorate and classes taught by doctors...

Masters>doctorate

I don't know why it is, but once you get your doctorate you can't f***ing relate to an undergrad on any level.

This doesn't mean I never had the occasional good Dr. teaching the classes, but I'd take the folks with just the Masters degree over them any day.

man in all my college experience, i never had any class taught by a TA. Those classes cant nearly be as rewarding with them teaching, no matter how good they are.

same here. i had a couple of adjucts, but they were well experienced, usually only teaching some of the very lower level classes and some labs. about 95% of the classes were taught by full time professors at my school, and a big part of why i went to a small school. they weren't some far away brains, they were closely in tact with us the students, and helped enriched my college experience. can't imagine going to a big time school like fsu.

I just think its funny.

Any intelligent professor can tell if something is really plagerised anyway. Then again thats big schools for you, do the professors even read every paper in a 100+ member class?

Well, actually there are around 20 in my English class. We are not taught by a professor but by an instructor. Usually a grad student, sometimes an adjunct professor.

I've had classes tought by people with Masters and no doctorate and classes taught by doctors...

Masters>doctorate

I don't know why it is, but once you get your doctorate you can't f***ing relate to an undergrad on any level.

This doesn't mean I never had the occasional good Dr. teaching the classes, but I'd take the folks with just the Masters degree over them any day.

ya except a lot of TA's are working toward their masters still....

I just think its funny.

Masters>doctorate

ya except a lot of TA's are working toward their masters still....

Yuh, I know.

The best Professor I've had so far is my Natural Disasters professor. He's the most incredibly fascinating person I've ever heard talk, and I love when we have back and forth with him, which is most days. He really knows his stuff.

Real Life Experience > theoretical BS 10/10 times.

I took an Exploration of Space course from two of the guys that designed the SRB system on the space shuttle. You can imagine the discussion we had about Challenger!

However if anyone wishes to make a suggestion or comment on the topic and what I could use....please feel free.

FWIW - I think juanpierre is right. If you scan the paper into a tiff file, that software will never read it. It probably wouldn't read a .pdf file either.

same here. i had a couple of adjucts, but they were well experienced, usually only teaching some of the very lower level classes and some labs. about 95% of the classes were taught by full time professors at my school, and a big part of why i went to a small school. they weren't some far away brains, they were closely in tact with us the students, and helped enriched my college experience. can't imagine going to a big time school like fsu.

I with ya both...I'd probably get lost in a big school. My biggest class here has been 32 people. Most of my Comm classes are 20 or less. I'm friends with most of the professors. I dunno guess it just depends on personal taste, but I'm definitely all for the small school stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a state board meeting there on Saturday.

Specifics?College Republicans is having a bunch of meetings all day Saturday. Board meeting is 1-4 on campus somewhere (I'll find the room later). Gonna stay on campus too, maybe for one night and maybe for two.

Alky's enjoying this.

They are hosting you guys at University Center C. Basically that would be the side the TV cameras sit on during football games at the stadium. Doak Campbell Stadium is a beautiful facility, I hope you enjoy your visit!

http://www.fsugop.com/FFCRmeeting.html

Make sure to enjoy rolling around the capital city this weekend. It is going to be cold, but nothing you can't take.

Tip: The Pollo Tropical is in the Oglesby Union. Gordo's Cuban Restaurant is on the west side of town down on W. Pensacola Street near the stadium. Black Bean is on the east side in front of Target on Apalachee Parkway.

I actually am not a big fan of Cuban food, and hate the cold. Go me.

But yeah I've got all my info already. I'm pumped for 8 hours in the car, let me tell you :confused

I actually am not a big fan of Cuban food, and hate the cold. Go me.

But yeah I've got all my info already. I'm pumped for 8 hours in the car, let me tell you :confused

Cuban food > *

The cold is something you get used to, layers are the key.

8 hours in the car can be annoying.....enjoy your visit though!

I just think its funny.

It really depends. The only course I ever had entirely taught by a TA was a freshman year intro writing course. And let me tell you, I learned more from him than I did any from any other instructor in all my years of schooling. The experience at my university was that we had some of the most intelligent people on the planet, but they just turned out to be god-awful teachers. It's obvious that they were brilliant but they just didn't give a damn about undergrads. However, I think a grad student is completely capable of teaching a intro writing course to a bunch of freshmen who likely aren't going to be English majors.

All of my science/engineering courses were taught by professors but we had a weekly section taught by TAs to review the material. In those cases I'm happy I had a PhD for the actual lectures, but some of them were so poor at teaching the material that the TAs turned out to be lifelines. The only problem was when you would get a TA that had trouble speaking English. :(

All of my intro lab classes were pretty much taught by TAs, while the weekly lecture covered by the professor.

we barley have any grad programs at our school, so many of our teachers never see a grad student. so i guess this is where the variation comes in.

for the most part, i don't see any of the "i'm too smart for undergrads" thing with the professors. there are a couple of stranglers, but they know that their students are all or almost all undergrads before coming here.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.