Panthers vs. Kings

Beinfest4Prez

Alright guys! Way to come out flat! *sarcastic clapping*

None of those goals were really Eddie's fault at all. Poor defensive play caused by the shakeup to the defensive core with Van Ryn's injury. The Panthers finally picked up play for the last five minutes of the period or so. We are down, but certainly not out. Time to have one of our big second periods.

None of those goals were really Eddie's fault at all.

This is Auld, not Eddie. And Auld is the worst goalie in the NHL. Period.

Eddie started the game.

Auld has no confidence whatsoever. I'd like to see the Cats just go out there and lay some hits on the Kings in the final period. Do something to stir up the passion in this team.

Auld has no confidence whatsoever. I'd like to see the Cats just go out there and lay some hits on the Kings in the final period. Do something to stir up the passion in this team.

We are probably one of the softest teams in the league. Good luck getting passion out of a soft team that's getting beaten 6-0.

Auld should never attempt a poke check again. Ever! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Just got back from that game (if that qualified as a game)....I dont get how a team needing wins can come out and play so poorly. It almost looked as if they didn't want to play a game tonight. A lot of that probably was due to the awful goaltending, they did get their share of SOG, just couldn't anything past Burke (who knew he was still playing??). This team needs a complete overhaul, i just really don't want the current regime to do it...ownership included.

Just got back from that game (if that qualified as a game)....I dont get how a team needing wins can come out and play so poorly. It almost looked as if they didn't want to play a game tonight. A lot of that probably was due to the awful goaltending, they did get their share of SOG, just couldn't anything past Burke (who knew he was still playing??). This team needs a complete overhaul, i just really don't want the current regime to do it...ownership included.

Martin needs to stay. The problem with the Panthers is there has been 10 million different philosophies since 2000. I like Martin's coaching style and I like his drafting (including with Mike Keenan) the past few years.

Martin needs to stay. The problem with the Panthers is there has been 10 million different philosophies since 2000. I like Martin's coaching style and I like his drafting (including with Mike Keenan) the past few years.

What exactly is the current philosphy? They have not made a single move under Jacques Martin that brought in NHL talent. I believe his one transaction was trading Jackman for a draft pick. They have had some bad luck with injuries (Roberts, Neiwy, Bertuzzi, Kolnik for a while) but an organization that truly wants to win would try to fill these holes with NHL caliber players instead of minor league call up after minor league call up. Granted, minor league players need to be used to fill holes in the new salary cap era, but when you are attempting to make up for top line players, something more must be done....and because of this they will miss the playoffs for a 6th straight year.

What exactly is the current philosphy? They have not made a single move under Jacques Martin that brought in NHL talent. I believe his one transaction was trading Jackman for a draft pick. They have had some bad luck with injuries (Roberts, Neiwy, Bertuzzi, Kolnik for a while) but an organization that truly wants to win would try to fill these holes with NHL caliber players instead of minor league call up after minor league call up. Granted, minor league players need to be used to fill holes in the new salary cap era, but when you are attempting to make up for top line players, something more must be done....and because of this they will miss the playoffs for a 6th straight year.

He's been here for three years, two of which Mike Keenan made the final calls on Personnel.

He's building the team around Olesz, Bouwmeester, Horton, and Weiss. That is our core. He has tried to build a better defensive team and yes, the team is better defensively. If you want to dispute me just check the shots-against. 00

martin has only been general manager for a few months. you can't overhaul a team in the middle of the season unless you're dealing your players for prospects and draft picks. no team wants to throw in the towel. as much as you may want to win, so do 29 other teams.

we will get a chance to see what martin is all about this offseason. but beinfest is right - getting rid of him would be the biggest mistake this organization can make. they have made (some) positive strides. keenan really put a huge burden on the organization by dealing luongo for essentially nothing, but he's long gone now and that's in the past.

martin needs to be given a chance to run this team. win or lose, they have to stick with one guy. changing philosophies every year does nothing but harm to a team, especially a team as fragile as this one. we have alot of cap room this offseason as well, so we'll see what martin does.

i for one, trust him.

as for the game tonight....they didnt show up to play, plain and simple. the entire team took the night off. they weren't trying. they probably looked at the standings, saw the kings and took them lightly....after all, we were playing pretty well lately. well, they forgot the things that got them there (HARD WORK!) and just got pummled by the kings in every aspect.

alex auld is the worst goalie in the nhl. the only guy who gives him any competition is dan cloutier. he has no reflexes, poor technique and is completely out of control in the crease. honestly, i never was impressed with him in vancouver. everyone kept screaming "team mvp" and every time i watched him play i came away unimpressed. he's regressed to the point where he doesn't even belong in this league anymore. he isn't nhl caliber. belfour has played well for us but our long term picture in goal is an absolute mess. thanks iron mike!

Luckily we have a goalie in the minors by the name of David Shantz who is a few years away but is a solid talent. We also have some other goalies as well.

But Shantz is the name you'll begin to hear more about if there isn't another goalie brought in.

FYI, he was the ECHL All-Star goaltender this year. He has continued to make solid strides and look for him next year to be in the AHL.

while shantz is our best goaltending prospect, he by no means is projected to become anything special. if he becomes a reliable backup, he probably hit his ceiling.

not trying to be mr. negative, but we don't have a whole lot in goal.

I think he has the ability to be a starting goaltender.

But yeah, its depressing that Shantz is the key to our future in net. :confused

He's been here for three years, two of which Mike Keenan made the final calls on Personnel.

He's building the team around Olesz, Bouwmeester, Horton, and Weiss. That is our core. He has tried to build a better defensive team and yes, the team is better defensively. If you want to dispute me just check the shots-against. 00

I think its time we call him a bust

I think its time we call him a bust

He's a bust per that his offensive stats aren't what we'd like to see. But Weiss also has never played a full season in the league before.

He's a solid player.