Home Opener Tickets

I was just curious what kind of demand there usually is for tickets for the home opener. I am making a trip to Miami for the opening weekend and not sure if I should get tickets through official or err....unofficial means. I know I could get some tickets, but I'd be interested in good seats. Will these be available when they go on sale? Thanks!

Buying tickets in advance is silly with the convenience charges. I always buy tickets at the gate (usually Fish Tank kid tickets)

But then again, you might not be a cheap bastard.

I do that too, when my dad and I go. One of us has an infield box seat, the other a fishtank. sometimes the guy at the section entrance makes us show him the tickets but he only looks at the top one. so we get in. we usually try to just walk on by and tell him we know where our damn seats are.

what TSwift said...this year...to buy tickets day of game will be more expensive....so if you want to "save" money you need to buy your tickets in advance :)

If you go to the marlins store, you can get tickets with the extra charge. You can also get tickets for future games at the stadium as well.

You can always get tickets, they just may not be good seats. We had 50,000+ in 2004 and 2005, but there were still 10,000 seats left for the game (upper level outfield).

No way it sells out or comes close to being at full capacity, but if you know where you want to sit and that's only where you want to sit, getting them early is advisable.

Home Opener is usually the best selling ticket when single game goes on sale. And this year that game is at 7:05 on a Friday so I would expect a rather large crowd. If needed they will open other sections. But if you want a particular section buy early. If you want the week end series I would say buy Friday's on line then buy the others at that game.

As for the 10 anniversary game I would also say buy that early if you want a particular section.

what TSwift said...this year...to buy tickets day of game will be more expensive....so if you want to "save" money you need to buy your tickets in advance :)

If you go to the marlins store, you can get tickets with the extra charge. You can also get tickets for future games at the stadium as well.

You can always get tickets, they just may not be good seats. We had 50,000+ in 2004 and 2005, but there were still 10,000 seats left for the game (upper level outfield).

The Marlins store doesn't have an extra charge....it's the same thing as getting them at the stadium box office...

The Marlins store doesn't have an extra charge....it's the same thing as getting them at the stadium box office...

opps I ment to write without.

did you mean oops? :thumbup

did you mean oops? :thumbup

oops :rolleyes:

Buying tickets in advance is silly with the convenience charges. I always buy tickets at the gate (usually Fish Tank kid tickets)

they wouldnt say anything if i went up to the ticket booth by myself and asked for a kids ticket?

they wouldnt say anything if i went up to the ticket booth by myself and asked for a kids ticket?

90% of the time they do not. I always go up and 9 out of 10 times they sell me kids tickets. One time i went up and the lady goes "where the child at?" and I told her it was me and she sold it anyways. They really dont care or check. Worst thing that happens is that you have to buy an adult ticket.

90% of the time they do not. I always go up and 9 out of 10 times they sell me kids tickets. One time i went up and the lady goes "where the child at?" and I told her it was me and she sold it anyways. They really dont care or check. Worst thing that happens is that you have to buy an adult ticket.

good way to save 2 bucks i guess

good way to save 2 bucks i guess

I think you can save up to 5 dollars a ticket for weekend games. I dont recall. But if you get 2-3 kids tickets a game and go several games a year, the savings add up.

Honestly...if you KNOW that you're going to go to more than 5 games a season, there's absolutely no reason to not have the smallest ticket package offered (the flex pack kind).

The savings really do add up there, and at the very least, keeping your name as an established supporter of the Marlins helps the team off the field, and will help you down the road if you honestly believe we're building a dynasty and you want to watch.