Beer is my friend.

Bradcore

So thanks to el penguino and this thread, I started craving an Anchor Steam. Went out to the shop and found an Anchor Steam Summer Ale. Didn't even know they made a summer ale, so I had to pick it up. I love it so far, very easy drinking, hot day type beer. Doesn't taste anything like your typical wheat beer. I find I can only drink 1-2 wheat beers until I am over them.

Here is the write up of it on their website:

Anchor Summer is an all-malt beer, and over 50% of its malt comes from malted wheat. It is fermented with a Triticum aestivum, AKA wheat traditional top-fermenting "ale" yeast because we prefer the clean flavors developed by this yeast. We believe that this style best celebrates the refreshingly light flavor of malted wheat. You may notice that the head on this beer is unusually abundant, with a consistency similar to whipped egg whites. This is due to protein contributed by the wheat.

The brewers at Anchor are proud to have revived not only rich hearty dark beers, but also this light crisp style of a modern American wheat beer.

Wheat malt contributes to an unusual lightness and dryness to the palate, and this?combined with the distinctive flavor of the wheat?makes for a perfect thirst-quenching beverage. It is the ideal drink for beer lovers who appreciate tradition and character in their beer, but also seek a lighter, refreshing style, perfect for warm weather.

I had one of these a couple of weeks ago (the Summer beer) and really enjoyed it but I wasn't quite as enthusiastic as you seem to be. I'm just going by memory here but I thought it was a little simple and watery. Still a solid beer though and much more drinkable than the usual suspects.

I should also add that I'm a huge fan of classical wheat beers. I enjoyed the Franziskaner immensely.

I wouldn't say I'm crazy about it, definitely not a three philosophers but for a wheat beer? Good stuff, and like you said...better than what you typically see out there.

are you guys a dogfish head fan?

I always see the IPA, and to me it is just too overwhelming with the floral. It's like smelling an herb rack. Interesting, and a nice contrast to have every once in awhile, but I can't drink more than one every couple of months. Guess I'm just not a fan of that style.

Yankeefan loves the stuff though, if I recall correctly.

the 60 minute is ok, I tried the 90 minute and it was just to much of a hop bitter taste. I am not big on really bitter beers or malt beers. Everytime I have a malt beer I get sleepy and cranky.

I had a blueberry ale at a brew house last night and it was good, but after two it was just too sweet. I never had a blueberry ale before, but I did have the UFO raspberry one and that was good but only for like 1 or 2.

Anyone tried the heineken draught keg? Those dam commercials got to me and I am going to get one on the way home from work today.

Does anyone know if they are other beers that come in mini kegs with the a c02 compressor? I know that a lot of german beers come in a 5 liter "keg" but thats essentially a big can because it only last for 1-2 days. The heineken one supposedly last 30 days.

Anyone tried the heineken draught keg? Those dam commercials got to me and I am going to get one on the way home from work today.

Does anyone know if they are other beers that come in mini kegs with the a c02 compressor? I know that a lot of german beers come in a 5 liter "keg" but thats essentially a big can because it only last for 1-2 days. The heineken one supposedly last 30 days.

:thumbup I've bought one of those before. Not because I like Heineken or anything, solely because I like the idea of the keg. So yea...that makes two suckers.

I win the sucker contest though because the other night I watched this special on CNBC about Anheuser Busch, and ever since then I have been craving Bud for some reason. Plus I am heavily invested in oil stocks and this market is rigged so I need a drink tonight. :lol

:thumbup I've bought one of those before. Not because I like Heineken or anything, solely because I like the idea of the keg. So yea...that makes two suckers.

I win the sucker contest though because the other night I watched this special on CNBC about Anheuser Busch, and ever since then I have been craving Bud for some reason. Plus I am heavily invested in oil stocks and this market is rigged so I need a drink tonight. :lol

I hate heineken, but anyway if you go to some liqour stores they make the mini kegs for about 5 different beers. The closest to me (which is close to you i think JetsMania) they do mini kegs in Blue Moon, Bud, Bud Light, Heinken, and Narragansett.

I also know a few companies do the beer bubbles, more like 40 cups of beer and not a personal type thing, but its nice to have it off a tap sometimes.

I hate heineken, but anyway if you go to some liqour stores they make the mini kegs for about 5 different beers. The closest to me (which is close to you i think JetsMania) they do mini kegs in Blue Moon, Bud, Bud Light, Heinken, and Narragansett.

I also know a few companies do the beer bubbles, more like 40 cups of beer and not a personal type thing, but its nice to have it off a tap sometimes.

What place has those different beers?

I went to a place in Seekonk today (right over the RI line for those that dont know) and they had heinken and h light. The only other one they had was warsteiner, but it didnt have the carbonation. That one would go bad in a day or two.

The real reason I bought it was because we went to look at a house yesterday. In the basement they had the set up of a full bar! I figured if we ended up there I would certainly need to have some beer on draught. I just dont want to have to carry a keg by myself up and down the stairs. I have seen those commercials for a that beer tender thing and it looks pretty good. As long as they make other little kegs that fit in there I will definetly get a few of those beer tenders (probably 3) so I can have atleast 3 types of beer on draft at all hours of the day!

I went to a place in Seekonk today (right over the RI line for those that dont know) and they had heinken and h light. The only other one they had was warsteiner, but it didnt have the carbonation. That one would go bad in a day or two.

The real reason I bought it was because we went to look at a house yesterday. In the basement they had the set up of a full bar! I figured if we ended up there I would certainly need to have some beer on draught. I just dont want to have to carry a keg by myself up and down the stairs. I have seen those commercials for a that beer tender thing and it looks pretty good. As long as they make other little kegs that fit in there I will definetly get a few of those beer tenders (probably 3) so I can have atleast 3 types of beer on draft at all hours of the day!

Get a quarter keg so its not to ahrd to carry?

Also, The places that I know that have them are Market, Knight, and Haxton's on Bald Hill. Also, Busa off of RT 37 can get them if you call in and order first. Plus I know the owner so if you put the name down when you order (if you do) and when you pick it up I am sure I can get you a 10% discount depending who is working. (Usually T/R/Saturday are the best days for a good discount :D)

Also, The places that I know that have them are Market, Knight, and Haxton's on Bald Hill. Also, Busa off of RT 37 can get them if you call in and order first. Plus I know the owner so if you put the name down when you order (if you do) and when you pick it up I am sure I can get you a 10% discount depending who is working. (Usually T/R/Saturday are the best days for a good discount :D)

I'll check out haxtons. Thats in warwick right?

Quarter kegs wouldnt be a bad idea. I am going to look for a kegerator that holds quarter kegs. If I could find one that can house three of them (with c02) I would get that in a second.

I'll check out haxtons. Thats in warwick right?

Quarter kegs wouldnt be a bad idea. I am going to look for a kegerator that holds quarter kegs. If I could find one that can house three of them (with c02) I would get that in a second.

There is a Haxtons on Bald Hill and that is pretty large too.

I know Best Buy used to have the kegerators, have you checked there? It's also up the road from the haxtons.

Update: For the next two weeks they are letting my try out a 4 day work week (unbalanced week) with fridays off. I would like to announce that I just tapped my heinken mini keg and its AWESOME! It taste a million times better than out of the bottle.

I'm still on the fence with the beer tender thing. If someone besides heineken comes out with a mini keg (rumors are that Guinness is about too) then I will get it. I just dont want to get it if all that I can get is heinken.

I'll probably swing by haxtons tomorrow.

Another update. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to brew a strawberry honey weizenbock. I recently made a honey weizenbock and it was outstanding. I am going to play around with it before I submit it to sam adams this december during their homebrew challenge. I got the strawberry idea from the Trinity Brewhouse here in providence. They had a 12% strawberry beer. Sadly, when I went to get some, they were sold out. I spoke to the brewmaster and he said they used over 250lbs of strawberrys to make it that strong. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'll let you know how it goes.

psssht! Let us know? What's the point of that? I'll cover shipping and handling, you cover mailing out the beer to members of the forum! We can ever have a Jetsmania beer contest.

I've always wanted to brew my own beer.

Back when I was an undergrad I engineered a homemade fractional distallation apparatus that allowed me to purify rail liquor to much higher quality by removing some aldehydes. It's amazing what you can do with a little knowledge of organic chemistry.

Concur on the first part. It's hard though if you live in a condo type setting, as it does have a strong, unpleasant aroma during parts of the process.

The second part? I'll fund you, you make "organic" beer, sell it the global warming crowd, we make millions. They do already have organic wine, I'm sure they have organic beer but if not....

I want a case or none at all!

You'll get some dam beer settle down. BTW why did you run away on im?

You weren't there, plus I just set up this new keyboard and all the keys are really stiff, it's annoying this sh*t out of me.

I went for a refill and dinner... I have something else stiff

You weren't there, plus I just set up this new keyboard and all the keys are really stiff, it's annoying this sh*t out of me.

Talking to me on AIM is more important than eating dinner. IM GoFishX2 to help you with that second problem.

Talking to me on AIM is more important than eating dinner. IM GoFishX2 to help you with that second problem.

I thought it was millertime a second ago?

I thought it was millertime a second ago?

no no. I made a mistake. You definitely want GoFishX2.