Beer is my friend.

Bradcore

When you get back to FL let me know what Cigar City Beer you can find.

I've officially become obsessed with getting a bottle of Three Floyds Dark Lord. It will require a 3 hour drive to VT to aquire several cases of Heady Topper. However, I found out that the LongTrail Brewery is next to one of the liquor stores that sells it, so I think I will make a day out of it soon.

I've officially become obsessed with getting a bottle of Three Floyds Dark Lord. It will require a 3 hour drive to VT to aquire several cases of Heady Topper. However, I found out that the LongTrail Brewery is next to one of the liquor stores that sells it, so I think I will make a day out of it soon.

There's mostly Jai Alai and Maduro year-round, plus Tocobaga is available. I snagged a Humidor Jai Alai the other day, cedar-aged I think, but I have no idea how fresh it is. Hopefully I see some other good ones as I explore the local stores, maybe a Zhukov sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I'm guessing that trade will require a couple of transactions, since it will probably be hard to get DL for even a bunch of Heady Topper, mainly since the latter is year-round.

There's mostly Jai Alai and Maduro year-round, plus Tocobaga is available. I snagged a Humidor Jai Alai the other day, cedar-aged I think, but I have no idea how fresh it is. Hopefully I see some other good ones as I explore the local stores, maybe a Zhukov sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I'm guessing that trade will require a couple of transactions, since it will probably be hard to get DL for even a bunch of Heady Topper, mainly since the latter is year-round.

I could also offer up a Westvletern 8. I'll have to see what happens.

I am going to pick up a Dogfishead World Wide Stout this weekend.

I could also offer up a Westvletern 8. I'll have to see what happens.

I am going to pick up a Dogfishead World Wide Stout this weekend.

A Westy is always popular, although the upcoming bricks will mitigate it somewhat. The best thing to do, of course, is peruse the trading forums to see how things are going, or else just post an offer and hope someone bites.

I hear Dogfish WWS is fantastic with some age on it. I was at a deli that had 3-year-old bottles the other day, but I had to pass because I went straight from the deli to CIgar City and then Peg's Cantina.

Christmas in May.

So I went to a liquor store on my lunch break to see if they had any good deals. I came across a Hel & Verdomenis on the shelf for $5.49. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake so I brought it up to the counter and they confirmed the price. I ended up buying all 13 bottles they had in the store.

I haven't seen Hel & Verdomenis for under $11.99 a bottle before, so you can imagine how excited I was seeing one of my favorite beers over $6.50 off a bottle.

I had two great beers this weekend. Stone Russian Imperial Stout and Chouffe Houblon Dobblen IPA Triple.

The Stone is a better value at 6.99 for a 22 ounce bottle. I plan on doing a blind tasting soon, but I think it may have beaten Siberian Night. I highly recommend people trying it.

I am a big fan of the Stone IRS, although I did prefer the aged bottle (2008) to the fresh draft (2012), the former of which was imbibed at Brick Store Pub while the latter was imbibed at Funky Buddha, both of which have ny highest recommendation.

I have 2 bottles at home, and I plan to age at least one. It's a tremendous value as you said. I'm not a big fan of the hints of licorice flavor, but it only detracted slightly from the beer, as it wasn't too strong a flavor and the beer was still pretty well-balanced.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis. First time I've seen it, only purchased a single but now we wants some more. I probably don't drink Hefeweizens all that often but this jumped right near the top of my list of favorites for a warm summer day. Really balanced, good flavor and refreshing, not too heavy. Plus it's affordable which is always nice.

Also I poured it in the 7th when the Marlins took the lead tonight. No way that's just a coincidence.

Yum.

So I somehow ended up with 25 bottles of Hel & Verdomenis. A few weeks ago I emailed one of the local liquor stores and they said they could order me half a case. Well I didnt know they were actually going to do it since they didnt have any of my information. Last week I went to a different store and bought 13 bottles. Anyways I got an email today saying my half case had arrived. I felt bad blowing them off so I bought it.

On the bright side, I asked if they had any Heady Topper since there was a shipment to Massachusetts a few weeks ago. They had one can left and just threw it in as part of the case!

Just had the Alchemist Heady Topper. Great great beer. I'll certainly be making a trip up this summer to stock up.

In other news, I went to the store today and picked up a Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel which is made with Civet Coffee. It better be good as it was $15 for a 9 ounce bottle.

Heady is so enjoyable. Don't drink it too cold. And the aroma, oh! the aroma.

Mikkeller is just too expensive so I pass it over for other stuff I haven't tried.

By the way, as a treat to myself for my first paycheck, I grabbed the 6, 8, 10 trio like you did a while back. Any advice for the "tasting"?

Heady is so enjoyable. Don't drink it too cold. And the aroma, oh! the aroma.

Mikkeller is just too expensive so I pass it over for other stuff I haven't tried.

By the way, as a treat to myself for my first paycheck, I grabbed the 6, 8, 10 trio like you did a while back. Any advice for the "tasting"?

Of Rochefort?

Start with the 6. The 8 and the 10 are similar in taste and appearance, and taste much better than the 6. If you start with either of the 10 or the 8, you will not like the 6.

I'd go 6, 10 and then 8. The reason being that the 10 is superior to the 8, but your palate will still be fine after having just one beer. You will enjoy the 10 more if you have it before the 8. The 8 will still taste good because you will have just drank an 11% beer. .

In three weeks I am having a Trappist fest in the back yard. I'm going to have all 7 of them (blind) and rank them in order.

• 2 weeks later...