Beer is my friend.

Bradcore

I'm going to have some ridiculous pictures in the near future. Two friends and I traded all our growlers from Apple Brandy Zhukov day and got some crazy stuff. That beer is amazing, too. But we got King Henry, CBS, BCBS Bramble, Abyss, Darkness, and more. So excited.

CBS, wow. Let me know when you start opening them.

On Friday I'm having a Pliny the Elder followed by a Heady Topper. I'll post my thoughts on both.

You should do it blind! I hope the PtE is fresh; I've heard that past 4 weeks it loses what makes it an elite IPA. I've had it twice, both over a month old, and I found it little more than "good." I will definitely get some fresh stuff when I (hopefully) make it out to California in about 5-6 weeks from now.

You should do it blind! I hope the PtE is fresh; I've heard that past 4 weeks it loses what makes it an elite IPA. I've had it twice, both over a month old, and I found it little more than "good." I will definitely get some fresh stuff when I (hopefully) make it out to California in about 5-6 weeks from now.

I think I will do it blind.

I just checked the bottles and they are just under 8 weeks old. I haven't had it fresher than 4 weeks, so I dont have anything to compare it to.

Are you planning to go to the brewery in Santa Rosa?

FYI

Crate and Barrel is having a beer glass sale. I picked up two tulips and two stemmed snifters for $14. I'll be debuting the tulips tonight in the Pliny vs Heady Topper challenge.

I drink all of my chalice-required beers out of these glasses:

http://www.crateandb...r-glass/s648313

I love them.

I picked one of those up. I have been using that glass for double IPAs.

I'll post a pic eventually. On Saturday, I had Surly Darkness, 2 year old Bell's Expedition Stout, Goose Island BCBS Bramble (my personal favorite), Cigar City Patio Pils, Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break, Ninja vs. Unicorn IPA, Cigar City Hunahpu's, Goose Island Juliet, Firestone Walker Parabola, Russian River Supplication, and Goose Island King Henry.

Bramble, King Henry, and Hunahpu's all absolutely killed it.

It was virtually all from trades, with the exception of the Cigar City beers and the Bell's Expedition. I could actually have probably gotten the Evil Twin Biscotti in North Carolina, bu I wasn't really looking for it at the time.

I was quite impressed with the Goose Island King Henry and Bramble. The Juliet was good but didn't compare to the Supplication or the Funky Buddha Passionfruit Berliner I had had two days earlier.

1,000th post. Woohoo!

Had Apple Brandy Hunahpu's last night. Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Also, had some Zombie Dust which is a good-very good pale. Took a sip of the Bruery Fruet, and decided I'm not paying $30+ for it, and even if I did, I would want to cellar it a few years. It was very hot, albeit quite well-made. I was pretty impressed with the Smuttynose Baltic Porter -- if you like a coffee-forward porter that isn't too thick and has a bit of alcohol bite, then it's worth a try, especially since Total Wine has it for $3,99 on clearance in South Florida right now.