Video captures man mugging 101-year-old lady

Bradcore

NEW YORK - For a moment, the man in the grainy video looks like a good Samaritan holding the door open for an elderly neighbor. Then he turns and delivers three sharp punches to the 101-year-old woman’s head.“The next thing I knew, I had a big bang on the side of my face,� said Rose Morat, who suffered a fractured cheekbone and lost her purse and $33 to the mugger.

The attack was captured by a surveillance camera in the lobby of her Queens apartment building last Sunday.

“I’m quite sure that if it had happened when I was younger, I would have been after him,� she said. “I’m a very strong woman. I’ve been that way my whole life.�

Police said the same man is believed to have later attacked a second elderly woman in the neighborhood. Investigators were searching for a suspect Saturday.

“We are pulling out all the stops to find him,� Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said in a statement. “We want to stop him before he strikes again.�

Morat said she was headed to church when she met the man in her lobby. He offered to help her make her way out, but she declined.

“I know how to handle myself,� she said.

‘God saved my life’

As Morat maneuvered her walker through the building’s small vestibule, the man slowly put his bicycle against the wall, turned, and attacked her, the security video showed.

Her hat flew off, but she remained on her feet as the man removed her bag and felt her coat pockets.

Then, before making his escape, he punched her in the head again and shoved her to the ground.

Morat spent three days in the hospital.

The 85-year-old woman believed to be the mugger’s second victim, Solange Elizee, told police she was punched and pushed to the floor outside her apartment door by a man who had initially offered to help her get home.

“I like to help old people,� he said before turning violent, according to Elizee.

The man took her purse and got away with $32, police said.

“God saved my life,� she said.

Video in link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17557851/?GT1=9145

Besides the fact that there are numerous characters that aren't showing up for me in this article...

Is she 101 or 85?

I mean, it doesn't really matter that much; either way the guy is still scum. But, these stories kind of make me wonder when they can't even get the facts right twice in their own article. That and it's just poorly written even with the characters I can't read.

Besides the fact that there are numerous characters that aren't showing up for me in this article...

Is she 101 or 85?

I mean, it doesn't really matter that much; either way the guy is still scum. But, these stories kind of make me wonder when they can't even get the facts right twice in their own article. That and it's just poorly written even with the characters I can't read.

Click the link it should read better. As for the age, she was 101. There was another woman he robbed that was 85.

I found another article on it with some more information.

http://www.nbc11.com/news/11220396/detail.html

NEW YORK -- Police in New York are looking for a mugger who attacked two elderly women last Sunday.

Newly released security camera footage shows the mugger punching a 101-year-old woman in her face in the lobby of her building in Queens and grabbing her purse. He snatches Rose Morat's purse and appears to say something, but then punches her again, knocking the woman to the floor along with her walker.

The woman had $33 in her pocketbook, police said.

"All of a sudden I hear this bang," Morat told WNBC-TV in New York. "And I did not fall and I wasn't unconscious but I was stunned and I thought, what happened? And I looked and there's the blood coming out."

Police said about a-half hour later, the same man assaulted an 85-year-old woman. She said the mugger followed her onto an elevator, got off on a different floor, but then attacked her in front of her apartment. She said he hit her in the face and pushed her down. Police the man also took her purse.

The man, believed to be in his 30s, rides a pink bicycle and was seen wearing a winter jacket with a fur collar around the hood, police said.

The video footage of the first attack has been aired in news reports. Police are hoping for help from the public identifying the mugger.

Is she 101 or 85?

learn how to read.

or read more slowly.

jesus.

Is she 101 or 85?

learn how to read.

or read more slowly.

jesus.

Trew.

Like I'm going to listen to you with that avatar.

Is she 101 or 85?

learn how to read.

or read more slowly.

jesus.

Trew.

Like I'm going to listen to you with that avatar.

not to mention the distraction that is his sig.