• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Bradcore

Beer is my friend.

I was messing around and reading this thread coming back from Napa, CA ... unfortunately I was at the airport and not able to go and run for some of the Russian River beers .... it had been well over a year since i had checked into this thread

however, you guys did put hopslam onto my radar and noted it was at total wine ..... justified the $20 six-pack to my wife noting that it would last longer than the $20 bottle of wine also in my cart and got to work .... really enjoyed it

Napa isn't super close to Santa Rosa, although there are lots of stores in SF that carry their stuff.

I like Hopslam, but I didn't want to fight the crowds. It sold out of most places near me within 2 hours!

yikes ... I grabbed the 2nd to last six pack off the shelf at total wine

there were a couple good beer stores by the hotel ..... I didn't wander over as we had an open bar with some good options pretty much every night and on work trips it's hard to really do much for yourself .... although one of my bosses from a different office did make his way over and grab a couple IPAs to have in the courtyard before heading out to dinner that night

definitely too far to make it to the actual brewery .... but distribution radius is better than getting about anything into Phoenix (although it's getting a lot better and the beer scene has improved greatly since I moved here almost 10 years ago and the most exotic tap you'd find in most locations was amber bock) ..... we now have a growler law where bars and other licensed establishments that have taps can sell growlers - which used to be reserved just for the breweries - still pretty new, but a couple places have embraced it .... also the local breweries are definitely growing which is great and with BevMo and now total wine coming full speed into the state to compliment AJs (upscale grocery), WorldMarket and a couple specialty shops the selection is much improved .......... still not the easiest state to distribute into though (which I doubt is in any small part to Cindy McCain holding the largest AB distributor and a massive company)

I recently traded for some Surly Abrasive, a great double IPA. A friend of mine is bringing me a bottle of Hopslam this weekend, so I'll do a head to head.

Drink the Firestone XV yet? Someone told me it's falling off a bit...

Yes I did. I had the XV and the XVI back to back during the superbowl. It was enjoyable, but I don't know if I'd buy it again.

I just picked up some Maine Beer Company Lil One and Jack's Abby Hoponious Union (bottled 10 days ago).

In more important news http://philly.thedrinknation.com/articles/read/9984-Where-to-Find-Pliny-the-Younger-in-Philadelphia-2013-Edition-# I think you might be able to get Pliny the Younger during your trip.

Yes I did. I had the XV and the XVI back to back during the superbowl. It was enjoyable, but I don't know if I'd buy it again.

I just picked up some Maine Beer Company Lil One and Jack's Abby Hoponious Union (bottled 10 days ago).

In more important news http://philly.thedrinknation.com/articles/read/9984-Where-to-Find-Pliny-the-Younger-in-Philadelphia-2013-Edition-# I think you might be able to get Pliny the Younger during your trip.
Wow. The question is whether I want to drive out of my way from NY to Philly, out to have to head to Cambridge the same day, and then also wait in line for a while.

Wow. The question is whether I want to drive out of my way from NY to Philly, out to have to head to Cambridge the same day, and then also wait in line for a while.

Is that really a question? Of course you should.

More dates will be added. I'd keep checking that website. I'm sure they'll add either March 9th or 10th as well.