• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Bradcore

Beer is my friend.

This is a cool thread. I just moved to North Carolina (first time out of Florida in my life) and discovered a gem of a beer I guess they only sell here called Red Oak. mmmmm. I think I'm hooked and Jetsmania makes me thirsty!

Where in NC? Foothills and Olde Hickory are great local brands.

This is a cool thread. I just moved to North Carolina (first time out of Florida in my life) and discovered a gem of a beer I guess they only sell here called Red Oak. mmmmm. I think I'm hooked and Jetsmania makes me thirsty!

Funny, I made my post without even noticing you were in NC. I just moved to Cary. Ill check those beers out, thanks for heads up! Red Oak has such a simple, clean taste though, really like it.

two weeks ago I was at work on a Friday, get a call from my wife that one of our friends is bringing her kids over for dinner, swimming, etc.

later in the day I get a call from our friend and she is at the booze store, was going to grab something for me to drink and was completely overwhelmed ....... I get much the same way and I usually know what I want

given that it was hot out and I was more interested in type than brand I threw out a couple styles ...... she couldn't find them in the sea of beer

so I switched up and threw out a couple brands and said grab anything by them and it will most likely be worth a try ......... with that knowledge she starts talking with the budweiser distributor (her husband works for the same distributor) and he leads her to a 4 pack of Oskar Blues TenFidy

Imperial Stout isn't exactly my pool beer of choice - but I enjoyed the world out of this beer ........ so good ....... I had the 1st can that night, but chose to slow play the other 3 as the opportunity came up ........ highly recommend it for fans of the style (my wife and her friend both took a taste and the reaction was somewhere between hate and disbelief that someone would drink a whole glass of it)

Funny, I made my post without even noticing you were in NC. I just moved to Cary. Ill check those beers out, thanks for heads up! Red Oak has such a simple, clean taste though, really like it.

I only tasted it once at a restaurant, and I'm pretty sure they had dirty taps, as I really didn't enjoy it. Definitely willing to revisit, though. Shoot me a message if you're interested in coming to a tasting some time over the next few months. I hang out with a few dudes on occasion.

two weeks ago I was at work on a Friday, get a call from my wife that one of our friends is bringing her kids over for dinner, swimming, etc.

later in the day I get a call from our friend and she is at the booze store, was going to grab something for me to drink and was completely overwhelmed ....... I get much the same way and I usually know what I want

given that it was hot out and I was more interested in type than brand I threw out a couple styles ...... she couldn't find them in the sea of beer

so I switched up and threw out a couple brands and said grab anything by them and it will most likely be worth a try ......... with that knowledge she starts talking with the budweiser distributor (her husband works for the same distributor) and he leads her to a 4 pack of Oskar Blues TenFidy

Imperial Stout isn't exactly my pool beer of choice - but I enjoyed the world out of this beer ........ so good ....... I had the 1st can that night, but chose to slow play the other 3 as the opportunity came up ........ highly recommend it for fans of the style (my wife and her friend both took a taste and the reaction was somewhere between hate and disbelief that someone would drink a whole glass of it)

Not sure what is up with all these ........s. That said, that beer is super excellent. One of my favorite non-barrel-aged stouts, for sure.

Not sure what is up with all these ........s. That said, that beer is super excellent. One of my favorite non-barrel-aged stouts, for sure.

Ten Fidy is very good. See if you can find Sierra Nevada Narwhal, which I like a little better. Thirsty Dog Siberian night is a great value stout.

The Barrel Aged stout is a different beast all together.

The Godfather!!! I haven't seen you around in years.

Sierra Nevada's Celebration is available, really good seasonal IPA if you haven't tried it before. I don't love all their offerings but this has been a favorite. Just picked up a 6 last night, hard to beat that for $8.50. Hops so fresh I had to bump the thread. Yum.