• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Bradcore

Beer is my friend.

Cool. We have a place like that up here called Stubbie where there's over 250 and if you drink 100 you get a t-shirt. I'm actually coming back to South Florida next week for spring break so I will definitely check that place out.

i personally think makers is a touch over-rated (although pretty good)

have you tried any of the higher end beam brands?

I got a bottle of Beam Black for Christmas and I've enjoyed it.

beam black is good - a little more peaty, almost more like a scotch than a bourbon

in order of ascending price their other brands are:

Basil Haydens - 80 proof - rye driven and ridiculously smooth - a clean balanced taste, no burn at all - a great bourbon to start on if you are just learning to drink straight / taste - about $35 a bottle

Bakers - 107 proof - not as aged as the others - a little more bite, but that good vanilla/caramel flavor - about $40 a bottle

Bookers - comes straight from the barrel, no filtering - proof varies, but usually runs in the mid to high 120s - just a great tasting bourbon - very easy finsih considering the proof - good vanilla flavor and smooth - about $50 a bottle

the bottles I posted above are Knob Creek - another of the Small Batch Beam Brands - about $20-$25 a bottle - has more of a maple flavor - it's my everyday sipper

Blantons goes about $50-$60 a bottle - it's a little bit spicier, but still has a tremendous balance - this is my occasional treat brand and often tempts me against my better judgement to mix it into an amazing Manhatten

the final bottle is Pappy Van Winkle 20 Year Family Reserve - widely considered the best bourbon you can buy - at $90 a bottle I've yet to buy it - but my old boss would treat me to it - just an amazing drink

Or how about a Delirium, A Belgian beer voted worlds best
Wow - very strong offering! :thumbup

However, I will see your Delirium and raise you a Chimay Blue [in the Belgian Category]!

However, I will see your Delirium and raise you a Chimay Blue [in the Belgian Category]!

My roommate had a bottle of that and gave me a sip - it was awesome.

PRL has that too :thumbup . It is an excellent beer. I believe the blue label Chimay is the one that is somewhere between 9-11% alcohol, correct? I know one of the beers by Chimay is very strong!

In my town, we had a beer called Viking Plunder. It was thick black stout beer that was 11.5% alchohol. Unfortunately, the brewery closed down so we no longer have this magnificant beer. It was our favorite beer.

PRL has that too :thumbup . It is an excellent beer. I believe the blue label Chimay is the one that is somewhere between 9-11% alcohol, correct? I know one of the beers by Chimay is very strong!
Yeah - this one's 9% - I think it's their strongest offering. One thing I can tell you for certain is that this is easily among my favorite "easier to come by" beers on this planet!

I've also got a special place in my heart for Paulaner Hefeweisen:

This is especially tasty fresh from the tap! It has a smooth texture and a sweet taste with a hint of banana and a refreshing after taste. Two big thumbs up if you are a weissbier drinker! :thumbup :thumbup

Yeah - this one's 9% - I think it's their strongest offering. One thing I can tell you for certain is that this is easily among my favorite "easier to come by" beers on this planet!

I've also got a special place in my heart for Paulaner Hefeweisen:

This is especially tasty fresh from the tap! It has a smooth texture and a sweet taste with a hint of banana and a refreshing after taste. Two big thumbs up if you are a weissbier drinker! :thumbup :thumbup

:mischief2 I have not seen that one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it, sounds great.