• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
Bradcore

Beer is my friend.

How does Urquell compare with Staropramen?

Oh damn! I completely forgot about Starpramen. That was some good stuff. Not something I would have that often, but definitely worth the try. I had the Staropramen Granat which isn't really a dark beer, but I guess it was in between. It was a little on the bitter side compared to Urquell and also a little darker.

+1

If you are ready to leap from an Ale to a Bitter, Boddington's is really good even from a can. Smithwick's is much better from the tap [less skunky tasting?] but I guess you can say that about just about any beer.

If the Boddington's sits too heavy, you can always make the switch from bitter to brown and find some Dogfish Head Indian Brown. It's some good stuff!

A lot of my friends really like the Rogue Hazelnut Brown as well [but I'm not a fan of hazelnut in my beer]

For those of you who like Blue Moon, see Cougarxlc's post re: Hoegaarden White. Then, once your palate knows a good Witbier, I have to send you back to the Dogfish Head brewery once again for their Red and White. It is an AMAZING beer in this category [and a TAD strong]!

I'm a bit biased to Colorado micro brews but a few of my favorites are:

Butthead Bock from the Tommyknocker Brewery

Maple Nut Brown Ale from Tommyknocker Brewery

Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewery

As for international beer, on St. Patrick's day I will be sipping Kilkenny Red Ale at the Irish pub in Sofia

Blue Moon?!

As a man I wouldn't be caught dead holding one.

Give me a brew that I can't see through - and we have a winner.

I'm a bit biased to Colorado micro brews but a few of my favorites are...
You know, I've tried about a dozen of the TommyKnocker offerings [Imperial Nut Brown was probably the best] and thought they were okay. I swear to you, though, try something from the Dillon Dam Brewery if you can. I would put their Yo Han Bock up against the ButtHead Bock any day of the week. I'd also pick their Sweet George's over the TommyKnocker Maple because it has just a hint of sweet caramel versus the Maple's overpowering flavor.

If you don't like it, let me know and I will send you a check for $4.00 to pay you back for the beer!

Last night I had this one:

A very sweet, caramel polish lager. Probably a little too sweet, as now I have a hangover at work from just two of them last night. Tasty though. :thumbup

Just tried this Belgian beer yesterday, Hoergarden or something. It was very niiice
Cougarxlc and I both gave Hoegaarden two thumbs up in earlier posts in this thread... :thumbup :thumbup