Sign in to follow this  
Bradcore

Beer is my friend.

Oh, the yeti was gross. I couldn't drink it. Way too hoppy for me. Donated it to a friend.
Ah, too bad. I've never had it fresh, but it's well-loved generally. Many stouts aren't that hoppy, however you should probably stay away from Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and Victory Storm King, among some others.

Every once in a while one of the Magic Hat offerings piques my interest.

Usually more misses than hits overall, but I just picked up some Heart of Darkness stout. Might be the best thing I've tasted from them. Recommended!
I've heard really good things about that one, but I haven't quite gotten to it yet.

Successful FL trip for me:

- 4-pack of White Oak Jai Alai, some Maduro and Tocobaga
- 12x Wake n Bake (8x being traded for 4x BCBS)
- Bolita Brown, Winter Warmer Warmer Winter
- Moat Water
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Big Sound
- Westvleteren XII
- 3x Bruery Tart of Darkness ($11/bottle, normally $20- $25)
- Hair of the Dog Adam x 4, Hair of the Dog Fred, and Hair of the Dog Tulip
- Peg's RareR DOS 500ml Growler!

Well done.

I'm leaving Florida today and am bringing back:
3x Abyss
2x Pliny the Elder
12x Jai Alai
5x Westvleteren 12

I ended up buying Wake n Bake, Winter Warmer, Maduro and Jewbilation, but I drank them all the past four days.Awesome. Yoy traded for the Abyss and Pliny?

I drank a few bottles while there, too, as well as some other bottles I brought from NC (120 minute, Pannepot Reserva [I like the original better], etc.). I got to try Stone Mint Chocolate Stout at Lazer Wolf - pretty good!

Also, I had a tasting with Hardywood Gingerbread and Olde Rabbit's Foot from me; BA Speedway Stout (amazing!); Cigar City Cognac Sweet Stout (excellent!); Jackie O's Brandy Oil of Aphrodite; Dark Horse One; Hardywood Singel; and St. Feuillien Green Flash Biere de L'Amitie (really solid).

Traded and ordered online (stores can ship to Florida).

Wow, how did you get Speedway Stout BA?

Thats on my list of beers I am seeking and haven't, along with CBS, Dark Lord, Zombie Dust, Hopslam and Nugget Nectar.

Thats on my list of beers I am seeking and haven't, along with CBS, Dark Lord, Zombie Dust, Hopslam and Nugget Nectar.
A friend traded for the BA Speedway. Someone opened a CBS at the Olde Rabbit's Foot release, and I thought it was good, although everyone seemed to insist that the maple which made it distinctive had faded and so it was past its prime.

Those last 3 should be fairly easy to obtain by trading good, limited locals. All are quality beers, for sure.

Here is my latest over the top beer review

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout
The pitch black liquid slowly gushes into the ample mouthed glass. Powerful notes of bourbon serenade the cool winter’s air. He slowly tips his head back and gently savors the dark barrel aged stout. Darkness much like the one seen by a child lured into a windowless van. He recalls of another life…

Johnny didn’t know how to explain an obtuse triangle when asked by Mr. Feltersnatch. His face turned bright red like a tomato reaching maturity. Riiiiiinnnnnnng Riiiiinnnnng rang through the air. Luckily, Johnny was spared from further embarrassment as the bell signaled the conclusion of class. He rustled up his backpack and quickly slithered out the side door. “I’ll show them!” he murmured as he walked with his head lowered.

“You’ll show who?” echoed a voice from the snow covered parking lot. As Johnny looked up, he saw a man with a thick curly mustache, paint tainted skinny jeans and a partially ripped tank top. Quite a peculiar outfit to be wearing in the heart of the Minnesotan winter. The stranger asked Johnny if he liked chocolate molasses. “Very much so”, Johnny replied. “Then follow me my little cricket, I have more in the car” entreated the spookish fellow.

The final sips of the wonderful barley pop reach a climax. The car speeds off. His screams are no more.

Only certain companies have those little kegs right?
At the moment, only Heineken, Heineken light and Newcastle are available in the US for that system. Hopefully they'll be others in the future.

A friend traded for the BA Speedway. Someone opened a CBS at the Olde Rabbit's Foot release, and I thought it was good, although everyone seemed to insist that the maple which made it distinctive had faded and so it was past its prime.

Those last 3 should be fairly easy to obtain by trading good, limited locals. All are quality beers, for sure.Ended up trading for a Mother of All Storms and 2011 Dark Lord today! Very excited for both.

I found out that I can get Nugget Nectar at one of the stores in Mass, which is just a few miles from where I live. I'll have to trade for the other two, probably Heady Topper for them.