Sign in to follow this  
Bradcore

Beer is my friend.

Traded and ordered online (stores can ship to Florida).

Wow, how did you get Speedway Stout BA?

Thats on my list of beers I am seeking and haven't, along with CBS, Dark Lord, Zombie Dust, Hopslam and Nugget Nectar.
A friend traded for the BA Speedway. Someone opened a CBS at the Olde Rabbit's Foot release, and I thought it was good, although everyone seemed to insist that the maple which made it distinctive had faded and so it was past its prime.

Those last 3 should be fairly easy to obtain by trading good, limited locals. All are quality beers, for sure.Ended up trading for a Mother of All Storms and 2011 Dark Lord today! Very excited for both.

I found out that I can get Nugget Nectar at one of the stores in Mass, which is just a few miles from where I live. I'll have to trade for the other two, probably Heady Topper for them.

How close to VT are you? I'm actually coming up that way in March; can't wait to get my hands on some Hill Farmstead, Lawson's FInest Liquids, and of course Heady Topper!

Thats on my list of beers I am seeking and haven't, along with CBS, Dark Lord, Zombie Dust, Hopslam and Nugget Nectar.
A friend traded for the BA Speedway. Someone opened a CBS at the Olde Rabbit's Foot release, and I thought it was good, although everyone seemed to insist that the maple which made it distinctive had faded and so it was past its prime.

Those last 3 should be fairly easy to obtain by trading good, limited locals. All are quality beers, for sure.Ended up trading for a Mother of All Storms and 2011 Dark Lord today! Very excited for both.

I found out that I can get Nugget Nectar at one of the stores in Mass, which is just a few miles from where I live. I'll have to trade for the other two, probably Heady Topper for them.

How close to VT are you? I'm actually coming up that way in March; can't wait to get my hands on some Hill Farmstead, Lawson's FInest Liquids, and of course Heady Topper!

I'm about 3.5 hours from Waterbury, VT (Alchemiist Brewery). A friend of mine is visiting my the first weekend in March, and we'll be driving up that weekend. If Kate the Great Day is still going on, we'll be going to that in Portsmouth, NH.

I'm about 3.5 hours from Waterbury, VT (Alchemiist Brewery). A friend of mine is visiting my the first weekend in March, and we'll be driving up that weekend. If Kate the Great Day is still going on, we'll be going to that in Portsmouth, NH.

That's awesome. I'll be up there the next weekend.

Unfortunately, ain't gonna be no Kate Day, sir: http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/smuttynose-and-portsmouth-brewing-news-a-look-at-2013-including-kate-the-greats-future/

We know the story behind Tod Leaving Portsmouth last year, we are wondering if any agreements have been reached regarding Kate The Great or it’s successor?

“Nope. Nothing brewed, nothing planned.”

Only certain companies have those little kegs right?
At the moment, only Heineken, Heineken light and Newcastle are available in the US for that system. Hopefully they'll be others in the future.
What he said.

It's a cool novelty idea. I'm hoping they expand on it so I don't have to be stuck between those 3. I've really grown to dislike Heineken, but that's strictly from the bottle now I guess.

Got anything willing to trade/looking for anything in particular?
In general, or for when I come up that way? A PM is probably the better place to discuss, but I may have a few...

Only certain companies have those little kegs right?
At the moment, only Heineken, Heineken light and Newcastle are available in the US for that system. Hopefully they'll be others in the future.
What he said.

It's a cool novelty idea. I'm hoping they expand on it so I don't have to be stuck between those 3. I've really grown to dislike Heineken, but that's strictly from the bottle now I guess.

Probably because it's really hard to get a bottle that's not already skunked from light exposure (because of the green bottle).

Heineken in can or mini keg is vastly superior to bottles. Nine out of ten times the bottles are skunked by the time you open them.