The Most Ungrateful People In The World...

In the future, please don't post absurd articles like this. I understand the underlying message here and see some validity in it but the article as a whole is just rubbish.

Please....that article was great and thanks for posting it. With the opening of the borders and all the Hispanic communities moving in, it wouldn't surprise me to see this country headed toward a civil war by 2020. Shutting the borders needs to be done now and it's probably too late as terrorist cells are all over the US and the border patrol doesn't even get to use force to stop them.

Great article.....the media and stupid hollywood really is messing up this country. Everytime we hear those stupid hollywood actors open up their mouths, it really hurts the Democratic Party.

L-O-L

In the future, please don't post absurd articles like this. I understand the underlying message here and see some validity in it but the article as a whole is just rubbish.

Please....that article was great and thanks for posting it. With the opening of the borders and all the Hispanic communities moving in, it wouldn't surprise me to see this country headed toward a civil war by 2020. Shutting the borders needs to be done now and it's probably too late as terrorist cells are all over the US and the border patrol doesn't even get to use force to stop them.

Great article.....the media and stupid hollywood really is messing up this country. Everytime we hear those stupid hollywood actors open up their mouths, it really hurts the Democratic Party.

The hispanic communities are becoming breeding grounds for islamic terrorists cells?

People who use terrorism as a reason for their anti-immigration views are trying to justify their thinly veilled racism.

actually continued diversity is what makes this country great...and you know what would stop all the terrorist cells from existing in this country...NOT GIVING THEM A REASON TO EXIST and lets get the f*** out of the middle east before we stir up the hornests nest any worse...

and anyone who doesnt know to take what an actor says with a grain of salt, that you take an actor or actress as seriously in real life as you on tv needs a serious re-education irregardless of what they have to say...and as opposed to the lies and stupidity from our presidency makin the republican party look good?

We do not need to get out of the Middle East anymore than we need to "get out" of anywhere else in the world. We cannot simply shut ourselves off from the rest of the world and pretend that problems don't exist. That is just as dangerous as attacking random nations at will.

This thread is pretty sweet because we've got an example of how each side can be completely on opposite sides of an issue and yet both be completely wrong.

My biggest problem with this article is that it somehow implies that people who oppose the will of the ruling party somehow take their freedoms and liberties for granted, when in fact, they are taking full advantage of their rights AND, most importantly, their responsibility as a citizen of this country, which is founded on the belief that questioning the powers that be is the most powerful tool for protecting democracy. If we accept everything the government tells us, it might as well be a fascist state.

The hispanic communities are becoming breeding grounds for islamic terrorists cells?

People who use terrorism as a reason for their anti-immigration views are trying to justify their thinly veilled racism.

actually continued diversity is what makes this country great...and you know what would stop all the terrorist cells from existing in this country...NOT GIVING THEM A REASON TO EXIST and lets get the f*** out of the middle east before we stir up the hornests nest any worse...

and anyone who doesnt know to take what an actor says with a grain of salt, that you take an actor or actress as seriously in real life as you on tv needs a serious re-education irregardless of what they have to say...and as opposed to the lies and stupidity from our presidency makin the republican party look good?

We do not need to get out of the Middle East anymore than we need to "get out" of anywhere else in the world. We cannot simply shut ourselves off from the rest of the world and pretend that problems don't exist. That is just as dangerous as attacking random nations at will.

This thread is pretty sweet because we've got an example of how each side can be completely on opposite sides of an issue and yet both be completely wrong.

My biggest problem with this article is that it somehow implies that people who oppose the will of the ruling party somehow take their freedoms and liberties for granted, when in fact, they are taking full advantage of their rights AND, most importantly, their responsibility as a citizen of this country, which is founded on the belief that questioning the powers that be is the most powerful tool for protecting democracy. If we accept everything the government tells us, it might as well be a fascist state.

Well said.

You're smart.

So you're telling me that our stupid reality shows, and the nonsense hollywood spews isn't a direct contributor to our society becoming the way it is?

Think again....

You're smart.

So you're telling me that our stupid reality shows, and the nonsense hollywood spews isn't a direct contributor to our society becoming the way it is?

Think again....

No. Those shows have a big audience because there are people in the public that love those kinds of shows. Those shows are just taking advantage of the market. Don't sit here and tell me that people become "bad" people or do crazy things because of the things they see on TV. Other factors cause those things, not television.

In any case, I was referring more to your xenophobic comments about Hispanics. You're completely racist and insane if you think this country will have a civil war as a result of a large Hispanic population. In fact, you're a total moron for believing that. Most, if not all, immigrants come to this country because they share the values of America and want to live in a country like this.

You're smart.

Think again....

No. Those shows have a big audience because there are people in the public that love those kinds of shows. Those shows are just taking advantage of the market. Don't sit here and tell me that people become "bad" people or do crazy things because of the things they see on TV. Other factors cause those things, not television.

In any case, I was referring more to your xenophobic comments about Hispanics. You're completely racist and insane if you think this country will have a civil war as a result of a large Hispanic population. In fact, you're a total moron for believing that. Most, if not all, immigrants come to this country because they share the values of America and want to live in a country like this.

You sure? The alliance of the gays, liberals, hippies, peaceniks, tree-huggers, pinkos, and commies are all forming an alliance to invade Kansas to destroy their way of life.

There is an odd dynamic in play in the country right now. Most people think they are doing well and are optomistic about their own future. At the same time most people think everyone else, and the country as a whole, are doing poorly.

IMO, the media makes everyone think the world is coming to an end. The media has so much influence on how the country as a whole thinks, feels and acts. The media has a doom and gloom attitude about anything and everything. Good news doesnt sell, bad news sells.

You're smart.

Think again....

You sure? The alliance of the gays, liberals, hippies, peaceniks, tree-huggers, pinkos, and commies are all forming an alliance to invade Kansas to destroy their way of life.

Hahaha :notworthy . Hispanics have already taken over Florida, California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona! Sounds like the new Secesh are ready for the Confederacy part II. I wonder what our anthem will be, probably something from Jose Feliciano...Feliz Navidad anyone??

You're smart.

Think again....

what are you talking about? didnt we have major civil wars during the heavy immigration of the Irish, Italians, Poles, etc? oh wait, they integrated themselves just as the 2nd generation Hispanics are doing now.

There is an odd dynamic in play in the country right now. Most people think they are doing well and are optomistic about their own future. At the same time most people think everyone else, and the country as a whole, are doing poorly.

IMO, the media makes everyone think the world is coming to an end. The media has so much influence on how the country as a whole thinks, feels and acts. The media has a doom and gloom attitude about anything and everything. Good news doesnt sell, bad news sells.

You're right, I'd rather the media not report when our soldiers die overseas. :whistle

You're right, I'd rather the media not report when our soldiers die overseas. :whistle

How about they report when a soldier is given a medal for saving his comrades or Iraqi civilians also?

Maybe they could report that we are at full employment, because if I watch the news you'd think we'd all be in soup lines.

The poll showing the overwhelming majority iof Iraqis say that they are better off today than when Sadam was in power got about 30 seconds of coverage, but I see that M.E. with the lopsided head twice an hour for an inane drugged up whore-death update.

That poll is probably severely flawed. If you polled the Iraqis five years ago and asked them if they'd be better off without Saddam they'd say hell no. They're used to giving answers they think the government wants them to give. So I don't trust that poll at all.

I suppose the economy is doing alright, but in reality we have lots of problems. Full employment is not the only measure of economic health and vitality. Rather, you have to look deep within the statistics and figure out whether the average American is doing better, whether poverty has been reduced, whether the gap between the rich and poor is being reduced, etc. I don't know the answer to those questions, but maybe the answers to those questions are not good.

That poll is probably severely flawed. If you polled the Iraqis five years ago and asked them if they'd be better off without Saddam they'd say hell no. They're used to giving answers they think the government wants them to give. So I don't trust that poll at all.

I suppose the economy is doing alright, but in reality we have lots of problems. Full employment is not the only measure of economic health and vitality. Rather, you have to look deep within the statistics and figure out whether the average American is doing better, whether poverty has been reduced, whether the gap between the rich and poor is being reduced, etc. I don't know the answer to those questions, but maybe the answers to those questions are not good.

Consider also the out of control rate of inflation since even the year 2000, and the lack of reflection in wage increases.

Consider also the out of control rate of inflation since even the year 2000, and the lack of reflection in wage increases.

out of control rate of inflation? Check your sources

we live in a great economy, where we continue to see strong economic growth with low inflation.

we live in a great economy, where we continue to see strong economic growth with low inflation.

Yet 1/8 of my income is spent on GASOLINE. :rolleyes:

Yet 1/8 of my income is spent on GASOLINE. :rolleyes:

And since when should we evaluate the health of the economy based on what happens to you?