Former Senator Fred Thompson has Lymphoma Cancer

Dan Marino Forever 13

Former Senator Fred Thompson in Remission for Lymphoma

WASHINGTON ? Former Tennessee Republican Sen. Fred Thompson says he's in remission from lymphoma.

Thompson, who is considering a run for the White House in 2008, says the illness is treatable.

"I have had no illness from it, or even any symptoms. My life expectancy should not be affected. I am in remission, and it is very treatable with drugs if treatment is needed in the future?and with no debilitating side effects," Thompson said.

Thompson, a "Law and Order" actor, was diagnosed with indolent lymphoma about two and a half years ago after a routine physical.

Thompson recently told FOX News he was considering making a bid for president.

"I'm going to wait and see what happens," Thompson said. "I want to see my colleagues on the campaign trial, what they say, what they emphasize, whether they can carry the ball next November."

Thompson, 64, who plays district attorney Arthur Branch on NBC's drama, said he was pondering a run after former Senate Majority Leader Howard Baker and other Tennessee Republicans began drumming up support for his possible Republican candidacy, citing his conservative credentials.

Guest Juanky

He does a good job on Law and Order. That's all I know of him, for now.

I'm anxious to see him run though. The actor turned politician thing has worked wonders for the party before.

Sorry, but anyone who promises to free that traitor Scooter Libby should be considered a hard-rightist. Fred Thompson is one of those. And sorry, but I don't think he should even be given the chance to run, given the example of Paul Tsongas and his health problems costing him the Democratic nomination (and concerns over his health were confirmed a few years later when he keeled over. It probably would have happened sooner had he been President).

However, I do wish him the best. My grandmother just underwent treatment for marginal-zone lymphoma about a month ago, and I think she's in remission now.

I'm anxious to see him run though. The actor turned politician thing has worked wonders for the party before.

From what I know of your political convictions/views and things we've talked about in the past, I'd be surprised if he runs if this wasn't the candidate you'd favor.

Sorry, but anyone who promises to free that traitor Scooter Libby should be considered a hard-rightist. Fred Thompson is one of those. And sorry, but I don't think he should even be given the chance to run, given the example of Paul Tsongas and his health problems costing him the Democratic nomination (and concerns over his health were confirmed a few years later when he keeled over. It probably would have happened sooner had he been President).

However, I do wish him the best. My grandmother just underwent treatment for marginal-zone lymphoma about a month ago, and I think she's in remission now.

Treatable lymphoma he has had for years is not a serious health risk and doesn't even compare to Tsongas' cancer.

I'm sorry but saying someone shouldn't be allowed to run for office because of this is straight lunacy. Paul Tsongas was allowed to run, who the hell can control who or who doesn't run? Plus, I think Bill Clinton had more to do with Tsongas losing the nomination then his cancer.

Guest Juanky

From what I know of your political convictions/views and things we've talked about in the past, I'd be surprised if he runs if this wasn't the candidate you'd favor.Well, I do love Law and Order :mischief

From what I know of your political convictions/views and things we've talked about in the past, I'd be surprised if he runs if this wasn't the candidate you'd favor.Well, I do love Law and Order :mischief

:mischief :mischief

If he did run, its someone I'd look into more, depending on who wins the nomination for the Democrats.

I don't know enough about him to have an opinion, but I'm glad his cancer is in remission. I've lost a few relatives to that disease myself.

All you need to know about him is that he wants to pardon Scooter Libby.

He's also a social conservative AKA a racist homophobe

I don't know enough about him to have an opinion, but I'm glad his cancer is in remission. I've lost a few relatives to that disease myself.

All you need to know about him is that he wants to pardon Scooter Libby.

He's also a social conservative AKA a racist homophobe

Seriously, why the hell even post that?