Ban Pasta from CF!

Today was a great game, the whole team was on all cylanders except for Pasta! I am so sick of seeing Pasta in CF, more so after seeing what a real Centerfielder does for the team. I feel like a kid who got his Christmas gift early with De Aza and did something wrong and had it taken away. I would rather have Reed playing in CF than Pasta! Enough already Pasta is an infielder and that all he is...BAN PASTA FROM CF!

The Ofer doesn't bother me i felt Uggla should not have been pulled from the game after going hitless in 6 ab the other nite it's just Amezaga gives nothing on defense and really doesnt offer a hell of alot offense-wise. He is very good for his role of utility infielder but he is not a major league outfielder and less a platoon outfielder

Pasta?

I don't get it either. But then I don't understand people calling Reginald Abercrombie "Kool-Aid" either, unless it's just some kind of racial slur/stereotype.

Reggie has Kool-Aid because one rookie (Uggla I think) was talking about water and tipping the clubhouse attendant and Reggie said that in the big leagues they have Kool-Aid, not water.

Nick comes from Pasta Alfredo...not racial in nature but a play off his first name. The Kool-Aid in reference to Abercrombie was reference to a comment he made reference to being in the majors. I don't remember it exactly but it was along the line that in the majors you don't even have to get your own kool-aid...correct me if I am wrong guys

Cape is Correct!

I have an answer.. hes not a CF. He's a damn good defensive middle infielder who is playing CF. What do you want him to do?

AFAIC, the kid is doing a damn good job during his tenure as a Fish. Any team would love to have him on the bench. He can defend 3 (or 4) IF positions and play OF if you want him. We just happen to need a CF, and he does things with the bat (speed, draws walks, makes contact) that nudges him to the front of the line at some stretches where we need something new.

The guy obviously isnt a CFer.. but what do you expect?

I have an answer.. hes not a CF. He's a damn good defensive middle infielder who is playing CF. What do you want him to do?

AFAIC, the kid is doing a damn good job during his tenure as a Fish. Any team would love to have him on the bench. He can defend 3 (or 4) IF positions and play OF if you want him. We just happen to need a CF, and he does things with the bat (speed, draws walks, makes contact) that nudges him to the front of the line at some stretches where we need something new.

The guy obviously isnt a CFer.. but what do you expect?

I expect for him not to be put in CF. This is more of an indictment on Fredi then a putdown of Amezaga. It's my frustration after seeing what de Aza brings to the table we are stuck with less than average all over again.(even if its a few nites a week only)

Ummm...how about not play?

Ross has been doing a damn good job this season offensively and should be rewarded with a majority of the starts.

their stats have basically been a wash vs RHP, while Cody has the big advantage against LHP. I dont see the problem with Alfredo getting starts in CF against tough righties

vs RHP

Ross 217/280/478

Amezega 258/281/419

defensively, Id probably take Ross, but again, see no issue with Amezega getting some starts against RHP. However, I think you gotta play the hot hand, which is definitely Ross...despite the SP handedness.

Based on those numbers there is no clear advantage by starting Amezaga in CF versus RHP this season.

BUT, Amezaga's BA is not .258 versus RHP. It is actually lower than Ross'. Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong, you also incorrectly posted the OBP and SLG. Yes, we all remember from last season that Amezaga hit RHP better, but that has happened yet this season.

I'd like to see Ross getting the starts no matter what for the time being.

I re-checked and it looks right...numbers are from mlb.com. checked espn.com and you're right. mlb.com must not of counted sunday yet.

Ross is hot (although almost exclusively against LHP)...no problems with him getting most of the starts.

I have always said a High School player can play a better CF than Amezaga, I can't believe how many watch the game without seeing the game. I just am dumbfounded with the great amount of postings indicating the great job he does in CF. Everytime I have seen Pasta play CF I am embaressed that a Major League team, my Major League team would field such a weak defensive player in such a key defensive position. I go as far as saying Alfredo's play in CF makes me wanna throwup

Thank You Kayano for pointing that out

I have always said a High School player can play a better CF than Amezaga, I can't believe how many watch the game without seeing the game. I just am dumbfounded with the great amount of postings indicating the great job he does in CF. Everytime I have seen Pasta play CF I am embaressed that a Major League team, my Major League team would field such a weak defensive player in such a key defensive position. I go as far as saying Alfredo's play in CF makes me wanna throwup

Thank You Kayano for pointing that out

that's silly. he's not a good, or even average defender, but he's not a complete disaster or he wouldnt play there.

Today was a great game, the whole team was on all cylanders except for Pasta! I am so sick of seeing Pasta in CF, more so after seeing what a real Centerfielder does for the team. I feel like a kid who got his Christmas gift early with De Aza and did something wrong and had it taken away. I would rather have Reed playing in CF than Pasta! Enough already Pasta is an infielder and that all he is...BAN PASTA FROM CF!

Cody Ross starts for my team- You don't see balls sailing over his head he makes hard plays look easy! He can hit any pitch out and don't give me the righty lefty crap his walk off HR was off a righty. He's only hit 1/2 as much as the starters and has 2 HR's and 4 doubles- let the man play. last night in the bottom of the 8th Borchard went up against the lefty and hit into a double play- that decision almost cost them the game.