ESPN not giving the Marlins props

scotgif

Watching Sportscenter, it is just Cubs, Cubs, Cubs. How great Prior was, the no-call fan-interfearance, the unfortunate Gonzalez error, etc.....

Not once yet have I heard them say anything about the Marlins having heart, and never giving up.

Bobby Valentine just said that Kerry Wood has to put the Marlins out tomorrow.

I mean, it's like nobody wants the Marins to even be in the post-season.

Stuart Scott when describing the Mordaci 3-run double, didn't even say who hit the ball, just kind of disbelieving that the play happened.

Of course, the first post-game ESPN interview is with the LOSING mgr. of the game, not the winner.

Everything is about how the Cubs LOST this game (which there is a lot of truth to), but I have still yet to hear any credit given to the Marlins.

Unbelieveable.

Harold Reynolds just said on ESPN that he hopes the Cubs win tomorrow...talk about not being biased and being professional...see how fast he jumped off the Marlins bandwagon....

:fyou Harold Reynolds and Bobby V too (shut up about Wood)

there's been no talk about what will be key for the Marlins to beat the Cubs tomorrow...

i think its pretty f***ed up that the media totally disreguards us. its all about them though. its all about the $$$$. if the cubs get in, many think their "95-year story" is better than a young team, which roots go back 10 years. im sorry, ESPN & FOX, but this team is nto going that way--these guys have the best reason ever to win--its called PASSION. amen to that

I agree. This is perplexing, to say the least. It is like the Marlins are a ghost of a team. No one even acknowledges them. If you watch those Fox polls, everyone in the country picks the Cubs for everything. Just one more reason why the Marlins have got to win tomorrow - because if they dont, they wont EVER get any credit for what they did this season.

I am glad you guys started this thread, this is precisely what I was coming here to do. It is this love fest for Dusty Baker and the Cubs. WHY!!!?? I would love to see Dusty lose another game 7 - despite what team was playing. I am tired of everyone screaming the praises of Wood and Prior. Yes, they are good, but they are beatable. Give the Marlins some credit...aarrrgggh... :banghead

I love how they give "tips" to the sCrUBS on how to overcome the defeat and try to win game 7.

Just goes to show you how desperate the Cubs are. How fragile their common psyche is. Look at us, we are resilient and believers. No one told us we could do it, no one will tell us we cant. Keep playing, keep breathing, keep showing up. The Marlins have a chance to shock the world...

I saw a sign that said "Dustiny". not only is that incrdibly lame but how is it destiny??? they have been losing for 95 years (and blaming it on a goat and black cat and blah blah blah, sure its funny but lets face it they just suck) and now all of a sudden they make is to the playoffs after one of their best players is suspended for cheating and its destiny??? the marlins have been around for only a decade and sure we won a WS already but we didnt even get full credit for that since everyone was saying we bought our team. this year we come off to a bad start and get a new manager. we had to work our butts off to overcome 3 teams! we did all that and now we even have to face practically all of america as well. they doubted us and were already declaring the cubs WS champs no less when we come back and shut them all up. NOW THATS DESTINY!