30 K for Uggla in 24 games

Young 8

Few less you mean? Of NL 2B he is at the bottom for BA and OBP. Even for the power hitter he tries to be, his SLG this year is below average.

3rd in MLB in rbis

2nd in MLB HRs

2nd in MLB in R

5th in the MLB in hits

4th in Slugging

Ill take a .282 average

... as a rookie

I know we are talking about it this year, but You cant convince anyone hes not one of the better 2b in the league because of his OBP. If you think hell never have a season like his rookie year again thats the only argument you have.

He chases crap in the dirt on 2 strike counts

I agree, he also needs to get rid of that waggle.

We do not know if that is a direct cause for his problems. Or do you want him to get rid of it b/c it personally bothers you?

With alot of guys swinging at balls in the dirt comes with a slump. Usually when theyre not seeing the ball well do to something altered in their swing. Remeber when A gon had those great streaks, he was never swinging at those balls in the dirt, same with Preston, same with D Lee. Im thinking the same with Uggla...

He chases crap in the dirt on 2 strike counts

I agree, he also needs to get rid of that waggle.

We do not know if that is a direct cause for his problems. Or do you want him to get rid of it b/c it personally bothers you?

Well, I think he gets to antsy when he is batting. Maybe if he calms everything down (the waggle) he wont be as anxious to swing at everything in sight.

Few less you mean? Of NL 2B he is at the bottom for BA and OBP. Even for the power hitter he tries to be, his SLG this year is below average.

3rd in MLB in rbis

2nd in MLB HRs

2nd in MLB in R

5th in the MLB in hits

4th in Slugging

Ill take a .282 average

... as a rookie

I know we are talking about it this year, but You cant convince anyone hes not one of the better 2b in the league because of his OBP. If you think hell never have a season like his rookie year again thats the only argument you have.

As a rookie. And what were his numbers in the latter stages of his rookie year. This sophomore slump was predicted by many it comes as no surprise. He just isn't good enough of a hitter to counteract the adjustments the pitcher's made against him.

This season he is far below average offensively for NL 2B. Why is his first half of 2006 a better representation of his true ability? It's not uncommon for players to wash out after strong starts.

A slump at the end can just as easily be caused by fatigue from his longest year of his life. Its April, guys are working things out, hes been hard to watch at times this year, but hes still up there in some power catigories... If he continues in this form obviously you have a point. I know there are Angel Barroas out there, But ifs based on what we saw 162 games last year i cant agree.

3rd in MLB in rbis

2nd in MLB HRs

2nd in MLB in R

5th in the MLB in hits

4th in Slugging

Ill take a .282 average

... as a rookie

As a rookie. And what were his numbers in the latter stages of his rookie year. This sophomore slump was predicted by many it comes as no surprise. He just isn't good enough of a hitter to counteract the adjustments the pitcher's made against him.

This season he is far below average offensively for NL 2B. Why is his first half of 2006 a better representation of his true ability? It's not uncommon for players to wash out after strong starts.

A slump at the end can just as easily be caused by fatigue from his longest year of his life. Its April, guys are working things out, hes been hard to watch at times this year, but hes still up there in some power catigories... If he continues in this form obviously you have a point. But ifs based on what we saw 162 games last year i cant agree.

After his torrid start, he cooled off considerably, from post-All-Star break 2006 to now, he's like a .250 hitter. This is Dan Uggla. The league's adjusted, he hasn't.

What exacerbates the problem is that he isn't really a good 2-hole hitter, but whatever.

3rd in MLB in rbis

2nd in MLB HRs

2nd in MLB in R

5th in the MLB in hits

4th in Slugging

Ill take a .282 average

... as a rookie

A slump at the end can just as easily be caused by fatigue from his longest year of his life. Its April, guys are working things out, hes been hard to watch at times this year, but hes still up there in some power catigories... If he continues in this form obviously you have a point. But ifs based on what we saw 162 games last year i cant agree.

After his torrid start, he cooled off considerably. This is Dan Uggla. The league's adjusted, he hasn't.

What exacerbates the problem is that he isn't really a good 2-hole hitter, but whatever.

Thats another thing, if Hermida gets it together and becomes a great #2 hitter, then we can drop him down into a spot where its more exceptable to have a lower OBP and Good Slugging... Maybe hes not a prototypical 2nd batter, but thats not what hes expected to be...

uggla's problem is simple: he's trying to pull everything.

how often did we see him go the other way last year as compared to this year? alot to very little, if ever. he's gotten caught up in the homer craze. he's still running into one every so often, but is producing very little aside from the occasional bomb. he's on pace for around 35 home runs - but also has a .230 average along with it.

i'd much, MUCH prefer 25 home runs like last year if it meant hitting .300 (like we was most of last year before he went into a tailspin in the last two weeks)

hopefully he gets that fixed up. gonzalez needs to move him out of the two hole. a guy hitting home runs and nothing else should get no where near the 2 spot. drop him down, put alfredo there (who can sacrifice/play smallball if needed) and see if that cures uggla's woes.

ramirez

amezaga

cabrera

jacobs

willingham

uggla

ross

olivo

I fully expect to see Uggla in this kind of a "sophomore" slump.

I expected worse in April, but hopefully this will be the valley and he will improve as the season goes on and he gets comfortable again.

His defense (doing ok right now) is my main concern, his bat won't give up any runs.

Uggla is struggling a little bit as those K's indicate, but I think we are making too much out of this. Last April he had the same numbers before he picked it up. WE just have to wait and see him do so this year; if he doesnt, THEN you move him down in the lineup, but not now. Despite his "offensive struggles" we are still in the top 3 offensive teams in the league, and he is contributing to it.

Uggla is struggling a little bit as those K's indicate, but I think we are making too much out of this. Last April he had the same numbers before he picked it up. WE just have to wait and see him do so this year; if he doesnt, THEN you move him down in the lineup, but not now. Despite his "offensive struggles" we are still in the top 3 offensive teams in the league, and he is contributing to it.

We've almost been no-hit twice, we're not a good offense. We just run it up big-time on bad pitching.

ramirez

amezaga

cabrera

jacobs

willingham

uggla

ross

olivo

I know you're entitled to your opinion, but that lineup is awful.

why is it awful? because you say so?

it's essentially what we have now, but with uggla and amezaga switched. uggla is doing absolutley nothing in the 2-hole - amezaga at least can sacrifice himself if needed to produce a run once hanley gets on.

ramirez

amezaga

cabrera

jacobs

willingham

uggla

ross

olivo

it's essentially what we have now, but with uggla and amezaga switched. uggla is doing absolutley nothing in the 2-hole - amezaga at least can sacrifice himself if needed to produce a run once hanley gets on.

Amezaga's garbage this season. Worse than Uggla, and just because you can't hit for power doesn't instantly mean that you're suited for the 2 hole. Amezaga cannot work a count either, and judging by their stats thus far in the season, Uggla possess greater OBP skills since his average is 20 points lower than Amezaga yet his OBP is higher (and, over .300).

Saying that "small ball" belongs in the 2 hole is akin to saying Pierre belongs in the leadoff spot. Sometimes, it takes a little more than a superficial look.

The lineup we have now is the best we can throw out there...until Hermida gets healthy and lives up to his expectations.

ramirez

amezaga

cabrera

jacobs

willingham

uggla

ross

olivo

Amezaga's garbage this season. Worse than Uggla, and just because you can't hit for power doesn't instantly mean that you're suited for the 2 hole. Amezaga cannot work a count either, and judging by their stats thus far in the season, Uggla possess greater OBP skills since his average is 20 points lower than Amezaga yet his OBP is higher (and, over .300).

Saying that "small ball" belongs in the 2 hole is akin to saying Pierre belongs in the leadoff spot. Sometimes, it takes a little more than a superficial look.

The lineup we have now is the best we can throw out there...until Hermida gets healthy and lives up to his expectations.

the move wouldn't be made to move amezaga up, but uggla down. amezaga moves up by default as there is no one else on this roster (that is healthy) that can hit in that slot. i don't think uggla should be hitting second. i've been saying that for over a year now. he isn't a #2 hitter. he's a run producer.

once hermida gets healthy, he is who i would put in the #2 hole - as i said in another thread. until then, put alfredo there, play smallball with him if hanley is on and try to produce some runs instead of living off the three run home run like we have been so far this year.

with hermida healthy, this would be my lineup:

ramirez

hermida

cabrera

jacobs

willingham

uggla

ross

olivo