Beckett leaves game with finger irritation

Ramp

No, but someone saying he can't ever stay healthy for a whole season is 100% false.

People are jumping the gun on this, we don't know the 'severity' of it or if he will even miss a start or more than one.

Passion, you know my love for Beckett knows no bounds, but I'd be shocked and angered if he's thrown out there for his next start, and I'd say it's overwhelmingly probable he's DL'd.

His middle finger has given him so much problems throughout his career that it's not exactly a "fluke" thing that the Sox should try to be aggressive with.

Why would you think the Sox would do differently?

As for being shocked and angered if he did in fact start the next game, I think that would be pretty silly to go against what a professional sports team's medical staff thought.

He played catch today and Tito said they are going to let him heal for the remainder of his time between starts and then decide.

I was just referring to the people that are like, 'lulz here we go again!!!1' when:

a. It isn't a blister

b. There has been no information regarding how long he will be out, so until there is, people saying what they are is just speculation.

I'm just not a fan of the cheering/lolz told ya so! demeanor of some of the posters for a player who helped bring them a ring in a big way. I'm not going to regulate how people should act, but thats just not how I am.

Why would you think the Sox would do differently?

As for being shocked and angered if he did in fact start the next game, I think that would be pretty silly to go against what a professional sports team's medical staff thought.

He played catch today and Tito said they are going to let him heal for the remainder of his time between starts and then decide.

I was just referring to the people that are like, 'lulz here we go again!!!1' when:

a. It isn't a blister

b. There has been no information regarding how long he will be out, so until there is, people saying what they are is just speculation.

I'm just not a fan of the cheering/lolz told ya so! demeanor of some of the posters for a player who helped bring them a ring in a big way. I'm not going to regulate how people should act, but thats just not how I am.

Plenty of teams ignore what a critical player says, or turns the other way, with an injury despite common sense saying otherwise.

Beckett's said that it's a tremendous "if" that he'll be healed in time for his next start. I just hope the the Red Sox are overly careful with him and hold him out of at least the next start and have a quick finger DL'ing him. This really looked like the year he'd finally win 20, I hope he would, hell, I hope he wins 30, but I also want to see a team be careful when a recurring area of medical concern flares up again.