Dinner on Miami Beach?

Wish is KILLER. Its relatively new. Highly recommended.

Oh and yes, ShaqMan is right about Tantra. I completely forgot about that place. Havent been there in about 5 years but it was very unique and definitely hip and sexy to the max.

I agree that Prime 112 has great food. If you want a beautiful romantic setting there is Casa Tua. If you want a major production (food comes with props) then it's Barton G. There is Vix, Table 8, etc. There are really lots of choices of all kinds many of which have been mentioned and some newer ones. Do keep in mind though that you are not coming during high season and it's just not the same ambiance.

If you happen to be in the area, Coral Gables also has some really good restaurants.

Wish is KILLER. Its relatively new. Highly recommende

Nah, it's been there like 8 or 9 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late on this, sorry, but as a New Yorker for 7 months of the year now, Prime 112 or Joe's are definitely the top 2 Miami choices.

Prime 112 isn't in the same realm as Peter Luger, but it's pretty darn close, and Joe's is unbelievable, but with Stone Crab season over, I say hold off until October for them.

I'm late on this too, but IMNSHO on this subject the finest restaurant in all of South Florida is Chef Allen's in North Miami Beach. Probably about 10-15 miles from you, so it might be too far, but definitely worth the trip.

www.chefallens.com

And of course if you want to make the trip another 5 miles north to PRL and drink some Three Philosophers, the beer is on me. :thumbup

When it comes to steak..there's Luger's...and then there's everybody else. Prime112, Palm, Smith & Wollensky, you can throw them in a hat and choose, they're all very good, but not in the same league as Luger's. Personally, when I go to New York, I try to go to Luger's every time. If I was Yankeesfan coming from New York, I'd go to Luger's at home and go somewhere else in SoFla.

Why are we helping a Yankeesfan anyway?

Why don't we send him to Pollo Tropicale, like many recommended as the place to the Brewers fan.

Why are we helping a Yankeesfan anyway?

Why don't we send him to Pollo Tropicale, like many recommended as the place to the Brewers fan.

:lol :lol :lol

need...link...

This was back in april, there was a brewers fan that was coming down for the series. We ended up telling him to go to pollo tropical. i guess the brewers fan asked the question differently.

Guest Festa

This morning was such a sauna.

The weather this afternoon was amazing. Strong breeze, mid 80s, ok humidity. Definite post-tropical system weather.

You have to post your trip review from South Florida for us. Did you use any of our restaurant recommendations?

I wrote a big long trip summary and the site froze up so I lost my post. :thumbdown

Here's the short - short version. You guys rock for recommending Prime 112. My wife had some Kobe beef [which she has always wanted to try but never had an excuse to spend $25 an ounce on!] so she was super happy.

We went to Bed - but it sounds cooler than it actually is. It was pretty beat the night we went and everyone kind of stuck to their little alcoves instead of mixing it up. If you ever need to get into Snatch, pm me - I've got the hook up! :thumbup

The weather was rough Friday and part of Saturday, but Sunday and Monday were awesome so we still got to see South Beach on a couple of sunny days. It also reminded us of just how bright a day can be when you don't stop drinking mojitos until 4 or 5 in the morning.

I would like to add Ola on James Street to the list of really good dinning establishments. The service was great, the wine list was extensive, and the pre-meal "bread" there is amazing. The lamb was delicious! Here's a pic of our entrees in case you are into that sort of thing.

We also had a chance to hit up Sushi Samba and have a couple of imported Japanese sakis. Mine came out sweet and milky - which I have never seen in a saki before.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to share a beer with any of you. Sunday night, we bought a bottle of 10 Canes rum to get into this club way at the bottom of South Beach and got our own private area on the beach with our own bartender/waiter. It was something crazy like $350 but it included our cover. Too bad we blew through that bottle in just over an hour! Still, we partied our @sses off, made some friends on the beach, and negotiated a couple more bottles for market price [$50 a bottle]. Of course, that led to skinny dipping at 3 in the morning, but I won't go into any further detail in THAT regard.

Once again, thanks to all of you guys that helped. Now my wife can't complain anymore about me spending too much time on these forums. :mischief