Need a chuckle? BK vs Julio

Those rockies fans are a dumb, naive little bunch....

Yea right. Shame on them for looking at the stats he has been putting up there instead of just blindly bashing him. 6 games, 5 IPs, and a 1.80 ERA looks pretty good to the casual fans. And that "dumb, naive little bunch puts up better attendance records than our smart, world savvy fans when they have had just one play off appearance and no world championships. Don't they know what true fans really are???? Shame on them. Move that team out of there.

Yea right. Shame on them for looking at the stats he has been putting up there instead of just blindly bashing him. 6 games, 5 IPs, and a 1.80 ERA looks pretty good to the casual fans. You forgot to mention the 1.60 WHIP and the blown save.

Rockies fans are just as old as Marlins fans... The word is Marlins fans are the dumbest and most naive, they wont even come out to watch good teams, im sure rockies fans would love one of those, but theyll come out anyway...

According to whom?

BK 2-0 and has an ERA of 2.78 in 4 starts since joining the Fish. He's pitched 22 2/3 innings and has allowed just 17 hits.

Julio on the other hand has a blown save and has pitched FIVE innings with 5 hits allowed. Big deal if he sports a 1.80 ERA... he's only pitched FIVE innings!

I agree that calling all Rockies fans "naive" and "dumb" is uncalled for, but for the poster at the Rockies board to state that they've got the better deal is pretty stupid. It's not even close for comparison.

It's obvious that we got the better deal, and the Rockies know it. The only reason why the Rockies got rid of Kim was because Kim was becoming a headcase and Kim wanted out when he was sent to the pen.

Yea right. Shame on them for looking at the stats he has been putting up there instead of just blindly bashing him. 6 games, 5 IPs, and a 1.80 ERA looks pretty good to the casual fans. You forgot to mention the 1.60 WHIP and the blown save.

He's not put into save situations for them right now. One blown save in one opportunity neans diddly. He's doing a pretty good job for them in the role he is being put into right now. In a hitter friendly ball park, for the most part. Time to get over the I hate Julio crap. He's gone, we have BK and both are doing fine jobs for their current teams in their current roles.

I agree that calling all Rockies fans "naive" and "dumb" is uncalled for, but for the poster at the Rockies board to state that they've got the better deal is pretty stupid. It's not even close for comparison.

It's obvious that we got the better deal, and the Rockies know it. The only reason why the Rockies got rid of Kim was because Kim was becoming a headcase and Kim wanted out when he was sent to the pen.

The Rockies were glad to get rid of BK. We were glad to get rid of Julio. Both are doing fine jobs with their current teams in their current roles. To me it's a push. I see no reason to have to think one team got the better of the other. The reasoning for each team was different and the outcome is good for each team. Or look at it this way. At least both of these guys are helping their current major league team. Unlike who we traded to get Julio in the first place. Jeesh. Julio got blamed for our BP meltdowns when he was on the DL. And yet Rockies fans are being called "naive and dumb."

Rockies fans are just as old as Marlins fans... The word is Marlins fans are the dumbest and most naive, they wont even come out to watch good teams, im sure rockies fans would love one of those, but theyll come out anyway...

Went to a Marlins game there a few years back when we were in Denver for a wedding. And you are right. The biggest question I got from Rockies fans at the game and at wedding related parties was "Why won't Marlins fans go to the games with championships and competitive teams when we would give our right, um, leg to have a couple winning seasons?"

But Denver is a whole different atmosphere when it comes to their sports teams, win or lose. Always has been, always will be. Something South Florida sports fans will never understand. Better to call them names instead. Along the same lines as calling the residents of central and northern Florida all kind of names and then get mad when they won't help in getting us a tax rebate. For the 5K season ticket holders and the total of 15K that do show up to the games out of the 4-6 million residents.

Rockies fans aren't exactly filling the stadium the last couple of years. I don't care what the "official" attendance is at games, I have MLB Extra Innings and their "real" attendance is pretty stinky for a team with as nice a ballpark as they have.

I thought this was funny.

Fantasy Comparison:

Francisco Cordero 696.5

Jake Peavy 681.5

Francisco Rodriguez 624

Cole Hamels 600

Jorge Julio -60.5

Rockies fans aren't exactly filling the stadium the last couple of years. I don't care what the "official" attendance is at games, I have MLB Extra Innings and their "real" attendance is pretty stinky for a team with as nice a ballpark as they have.

ya, similar to how we complain about the heat, they complain about how cold it is. Of course, getting your as* frozen to a plastic seat for 3 hours, watching a mediocre team (and paying to do so) isn't considered "family fun".

Thing is, no market supports bad teams.

KC and Pittsburgh have some of the richest history in all of the sport and their ballparks are nice, yet they play in front of a ton of empty seats nightly.

We deserve criticism because we failed to support two World Series winners, 3 consecutive winning seasons, and the story of the year in baseball last year.

Thing is, no market supports bad teams.

KC and Pittsburgh have some of the richest history in all of the sport and their ballparks are nice, yet they play in front of a ton of empty seats nightly.

We deserve criticism because we failed to support two World Series winners, 3 consecutive winning seasons, and the story of the year in baseball last year.

Not to mention that every year our attendance continued rising steadily since 2003, until the entire team was traded away for the second time in franchise history.