Pitching for the Indians/Marlins series...

Hollyberry

Does anyone know who is pitching for the Indians/Marlins series?

I know Carmona vs. Olsen is for Game 1... would that put Kim in game 2 and Dontrelle in game 3?

I am asking this because my family (huge Indians fans) want to know... and my aunt/uncle and their kids are coming down from Cleveland to visit us and we are going to take them to one of the games. We might pick the Uggla's Ugglies day (Wed) because the tickets are cheap ($17).

This is going to be a great series.

Oh and for the throw back jersey night... are the Fish going to wear the teal sleveless one (On the Marlins main site)?

ROTATION SET

The Marlins will give right-hander Sergio Mitre some extra time to heal his tender hamstring. Mitre, who despite the injury completed five shutout innings in Atlanta on Tuesday, isn't due to start again until Friday at Kansas City.

That gives Mitre nine days between starts. Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Mitre could pitch in a simulated game or a few innings out of the bullpen if necessary.

The Marlins' starters for the series with the Indians, which starts Tuesday: Scott Olsen, Dontrelle Willis and Rick Vanden Hurk.

Vanden Hurk, who got his first major league win in a spot start Tuesday against the Braves, will get at least two more starts.

Sun-Sent... its going to be a great series... we better sweep ;) .

The Cleveland series is going to rock. I'm going Tuesday for the replica trophy, and probably Wednesday for the replica ring. Two exciting teams with awesome giveaways.

your missing the best night of them all. i am so pumped for throwback jerseys

ROTATION SET

The Marlins will give right-hander Sergio Mitre some extra time to heal his tender hamstring. Mitre, who despite the injury completed five shutout innings in Atlanta on Tuesday, isn't due to start again until Friday at Kansas City.

That gives Mitre nine days between starts. Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Mitre could pitch in a simulated game or a few innings out of the bullpen if necessary.

The Marlins' starters for the series with the Indians, which starts Tuesday: Scott Olsen, Dontrelle Willis and Rick Vanden Hurk.

Vanden Hurk, who got his first major league win in a spot start Tuesday against the Braves, will get at least two more starts.

Who is going to pitch this sunday?

ROTATION SET

Who is going to pitch this sunday?

I think Vanden Hunk.

ROTATION SET

That rotation doesn't seem right. It would have Dontrelle and VandenHurk both pitching on 3 days rest. It wouldn't be the first time the Sun-Sentinel was wrong. I think the rotation will be Olsen-BK-Dontrelle.

I hope todays crowd is a lot bigger than yesterdays.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the crowd.

My dumbded down estimate from rain experience is that for the crowd, with the threat of rain, you have 8,000 people less in the seats, 4-5,000 sold seats aren't used, and another 3-4,000 walk up seats aren't sold. So with 13,500 sold last night (and a 13,500 that I actually believe), I think we could have had 17,000 if the weather were better.

The lower bowl was pretty full last night, all things considered, and with it absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside, I see no reason to not expect 20-25,000 tonight...which for a DRays game is absurdly good.

I hope todays crowd is a lot bigger than yesterdays.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the crowd.

My dumbded down estimate from rain experience is that for the crowd, with the threat of rain, you have 8,000 people less in the seats, 4-5,000 sold seats aren't used, and another 3-4,000 walk up seats aren't sold. So with 13,500 sold last night (and a 13,500 that I actually believe), I think we could have had 17,000 if the weather were better.

The lower bowl was pretty full last night, all things considered, and with it absolutely BEAUTIFUL outside, I see no reason to not expect 20-25,000 tonight...which for a DRays game is absurdly good.

I'll take 25,000.

It would be interesting if we could calculate how many people dont show up over the course of a season due to the threat of rain? Not rain outs or rain delays but just the threat.

thanks.

Lets see if he can come out like he did against atlanta. TB's pitcher for sunday is 0-1 with a 7.7 era

jetsmania...his name is sonnanstine and he is a good prospect that they have...just cause he had a rough first major league outing doesnt mean he isnt a good pitcher...

I never said he wouldnt be a good pitcher. He may very well shut the marlins out. However, he didnt look good the last game up, and he is still young, so you would like to think the marlins will have a good chance.

when are they giving the replica world series trophies?..... im thinking of going for the whole series all 3 games.. i just needa find friends to acompany me to the games.

I'm 99% sure the trophy's are Tuesday. And I saw one last night, not bad looking at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.