Wedding songs

Rune

So regardless the say of your spouse what would you like your wedding song to be?

I dig my brother's choice of Everlong done acoustically. However I would go with a more traditional approach but it more has to do with the fact that I'd go gay for John Cusack. So I'd take "In your eyes"

That or "face down, ass up"

Well Alexis and I picked No Ordinary Love by Sade for our dance.

Probably one of the sexiest most passionate songs of all-time and sums up the relationship we have pretty well.

I'm going to be dancing with my mother to The Beatles' Long and Winding Road.

If I don't cry before then, I definitely will when that plays. Going to be a ton of emotion for me during that.

Oh man thinking about this gives me chills. :)

Probably one of the sexiest most passionate songs of all-time and sums up the relationship we have pretty well.

If I don't cry before then, I definitely will when that plays. Going to be a ton of emotion for me doing that.

The Spector version, or the Naked version. That makes all of the difference.

If I don't cry before then, I definitely will when that plays. Going to be a ton of emotion for me doing that.

*doesn't follow*

Guest marlins02

its relatively new but ill go with John Legend's "stay with you" off his first cd. i absolutely love that song and it describes the committment two married people should have to each other.

*doesn't follow*

The original version of "The Long And Winding Road" has all of the strings and I just don't like that version that much (Paul McCartney hates it). The version off of the recently released Let It Be... Naked is much more natural, and it is in my opinion, the superior version.

My fiancee wants to dance to Shania Twain's "From this Moment", however I would like to dance to something that hasn't been done about a billion times already. Have a year to go with so many decisions left, but its the simple things you'd like to get out of the way first.

For me the songs were one of the last things we settled on.

We 'butted' heads on the song for a while and we both agreed upon Sade over our original choices.

I wanted Hans Zimmer's ...And Then I Kissed Him but she was adamant in having a song with lyrics.

To me there is nothing worse than the over done wedding song so I commend you on having that though. :thumbup

I've also always always loved Willie Nelson's "Always on my mind". I think it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Needless to say though, not exactly the song you want for a first dance.

Doesn't exactly scream 'togetherness'. :mischief

Something you have to think about is the overall mood of the reception/service/etc. and if the song fits.

No Ordinary Love would not be a good fit for a very traditional service with a reception in the church.

Our wedding is contemporary so it fits a lot better.

yay I love wedding talk! *only 18* :lol

"forever love" by anna nalick always give me a wedding-feel. "because you loved me" by celine dion would be cool or for something up-tempo later on, i like "the start of something" by voxtrot.

I've also always always loved Willie Nelson's "Always on my mind". I think it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Needless to say though, not exactly the song you want for a first dance.

That is a great song. :thumbup

I also really like Stevie Wonder's "I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever)". Also "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley is great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.