Welcome to.500

Yessir

it says if the rain delay is 90 mins or more, there are rain checks, but the delay was 86 mins.

that suks. The rain check thing should be just an hour...nobody wants to sit through a rain delay that long...the game itself is long enough.

The D-Rays would probably have been better had they replaced the trio of Fossum/Weong Seo/Jackson with 3 of Niemann/Howell/Hammell/Sonnastine sooner. This is Fossum/Seo/Jackson's combined stat line:

31 GS, 7.63 ERA, 1.79 WHIP, 6-17

Opponents hitting .317/.397/.526 off of that trio

5.1 IP/start

You dont get much more awful than that.

They're going to need to spend money to take the leap, but there is unquestionable a blue print for long term success, especially if the Yankees continue to look old and the Red Sox follow suit in 2 years.

And this may just happen sooner than later. Even Jeter will have to eventually have to retire......so the odds are even Tampa Bay will have a window of opportunity, albeit a short one to make their move for a post-season spot in the AL East.

The D-Rays would probably have been better had they replaced the trio of Fossum/Weong Seo/Jackson with 3 of Niemann/Howell/Hammell/Sonnastine sooner. This is Fossum/Seo/Jackson's combined stat line:

31 GS, 7.63 ERA, 1.79 WHIP, 6-17

Opponents hitting .317/.397/.526 off of that trio

5.1 IP/start

You dont get much more awful than that.

Jackson has actually shown signs of coming close to turning a corner in his last few starts. He's got a golden arm, and while he could be just another one of those that couldn't get it done at the top level, you don't yank him out of there just when he is improving because he could still pan out. At least not a team as pitching starved as the Rays that really isn't going anywhere anyways.

They're going to need to spend money to take the leap, but there is unquestionable a blue print for long term success, especially if the Yankees continue to look old and the Red Sox follow suit in 2 years.

And this may just happen sooner than later. Even Jeter will have to eventually have to retire......so the odds are even Tampa Bay will have a window of opportunity, albeit a short one to make their move for a post-season spot in the AL East.

The Yankees will just buy or trade for the best SS on the market to replace Jeter. That doesn't always work but with as much money as they have to burn, they can miss on a ton of free agents and still bring in more high priced players. Cabrera is going to look like a natural in Yankee pinstripes.

Man great game! But one thing. I kinda went out tonight and came home and watched the game on my tivo so I FF a lot of the action. But didn't Abercrombie look HORRIBLE out there today? He swung at some pitches that bounced in the dirt before he even started his swing and he still swung. They need to send him down he is worthless.

Nice to see Hermida get a big hit after he struck out his first time up with the bases juiced. Same for Hammer. Ohh and I LOVED seeing that 4 for 5 from Hanley. I hope he is out of his slump for good now.

phew that game was a mess...between working 9-5:30, I got to the stadium around 6:30 (drove through some bad rain), sat in the rain until 8:30 (got up for dinner), and then had to sit for a 4 hour game!!!

I'm so beat, and I have to be at work in the morning :(

but I'm going to tomorrow's game too!

btw, WE WANT STOKES WE WANT STOKES!!!

Didn't make the game last night. But I will be there tonight. Would have never made it home til after 2 if I could have stayed the whole game. Wife works Friday nights so I usually drive down alone and never could have stayed awake for that drive down and back with a 1 1/2 hour rain delay and a 4 hour game.

I know what you mean,FishFF. He does seem to be a bit rude sometimes, and occasionally asks some questions that I don't think he should ask, esp. on live tv.

yea, he is just obnoxious.

Craig is the only one of the broadcast crew I just can't stomach. Started a few years ago when he seemed to have this obsession with why guys would go ice fishing. Acted like the players he was talking to were crazy or omething. Like he had never heard of ice fishing before. And he went to Syracuse???? Watch what he does when someone walks behind him while he is on the air. Acts like they just committed some kind of sin or something. The other day at a home game he wasn't even on the air and some guy behind him was moving back and forth with a cell phone and Craig was trying to block him from getting on camera with this ticked off look on his face. I even once declined an interview with him once he noticed my tat. Told him I didn't want to take any face time away from the camera for him.

btw to those of us who braved the rain in 106-110...do you all agree that the bullpen coach is extremely nice, but that guy from Publix should have been thrown out. I have no idea how he made it home with his kids as he was clearly WASTED!!! And then in like the 7th a family just invaded my seats...so I got up to use the men's room and they were in my seat when I got back...It was 12am at the time, so I decided not to make a big deal out of it, but they also got like 100 balls for the kids which pissed me off. I'm trying to enjoy a game and they're standing up in front of me tryin to get balls.

great chants tonight guys. my favorite was when Stokes called the guy fat and then he flat out sucked and the guy screams "I'm still fat over here!" Thanks for really making me laugh and making it feel like it wasn't midnight guys!

I know what you mean,FishFF. He does seem to be a bit rude sometimes, and occasionally asks some questions that I don't think he should ask, esp. on live tv.

yea, he is just obnoxious.

Craig is the only one of the broadcast crew I just can't stomach. Started a few years ago when he seemed to have this obsession with why guys would go ice fishing. Acted like the players he was talking to were crazy or omething. Like he had never heard of ice fishing before. And he went to Syracuse???? Watch what he does when someone walks behind him while he is on the air. Acts like they just committed some kind of sin or something. The other day at a home game he wasn't even on the air and some guy behind him was moving back and forth with a cell phone and Craig was trying to block him from getting on camera with this ticked off look on his face. I even once declined an interview with him once he noticed my tat. Told him I didn't want to take any face time away from the camera for him.

I feel everyones pain on the board. Not only am I a Marlin fan, but I also have season tickets to the Panthers. He does all of the Cats pregame/postgame stuff, and he even works the radio games towards the end of the year when Golide has to replace our TV play by play guy, who works with hockey on NBC. He is terrible at play by play, and his goal scoring is like a whinning 10 year old.

i laugh at any "expert" thats says the drays will be good within the next 5 years

I think they are 5 years too late. Its pretty amazing that have either be last (with the exception of one year 4th place) the past nine years. Its pretty amazing to be that bad.

Anyways it was an awesome win. It was nice for some other teams like arizona, kc and philly to lose as well. We have a great chance in the next two games, so we'll see what happens.

What a game! Got home at 1:30am after going to the marlins game and after going to dunkin donuts for the promotion.

I believe the attendance said yesterday 13k... hahaha yeah right. at the end of the game there were like.. few hundred people left, i can't believe they missed such an incredible game!

Back to .500!!!!!!!

btw to those of us who braved the rain in 106-110...do you all agree that the bullpen coach is extremely nice, but that guy from Publix should have been thrown out. I have no idea how he made it home with his kids as he was clearly WASTED!!! And then in like the 7th a family just invaded my seats...so I got up to use the men's room and they were in my seat when I got back...It was 12am at the time, so I decided not to make a big deal out of it, but they also got like 100 balls for the kids which pissed me off. I'm trying to enjoy a game and they're standing up in front of me tryin to get balls.

great chants tonight guys. my favorite was when Stokes called the guy fat and then he flat out sucked and the guy screams "I'm still fat over here!" Thanks for really making me laugh and making it feel like it wasn't midnight guys!

haha you are very welcome, thanks for the compliment :notworthy