How much longer will the Marlins show patience?

Backin2008

Uggla has produced a lot of runs in two hole and with his consistent doubles he sets things up real nice for Ramirez and Cabrera. I don't know why people want to tamper with the one thing in this offense that has really been productive. So what, he's not a prototypical number 2 hitter. Who cares, its working.

Ummm...there's a difference between "consistent" doubles and a lot of doubles.

Does Uggla have a lot of doubles? Yes.

Is Uggla consistent? No.

Anyone who gets the golden sombrero really needs to do something spectacular to warrant a place in the top-2. To me, Uggla is the prototypical 5 or 6 guy, Hermida the 2.

I think hell has a better chance of freezing over before we see this move made, so it's senseless to argue, but there's nothing about Uggla that screams to me that his presence in the 2 hole is the reason for our success.

im sorry, i dont see how this thread is ridiculous when our "top" prospect is playing like absolute garbage...ok...so everyone had pointed out that he is hitting what? .215?...anyways...its his marginal at best defense that kills me...sure...strike out as much as you want jeremy...but when you play sheisty defense...that is what gets on my nerves...and there just isnt any excuse for poor defense...especially if you cant hit you weight

I think this is a very legitimate question.

I saw the Lee/Hermida comparison. Two points; one, Lee bounced up and down his first couple of years due to his pretty awful play early in his career - and that was on a horrible team. Two, Lee's late success has no bearing on Hermida's potential late term success, it just establishes that some guys are late bloomers.

I hope Hermida turns into a great player, and it's obviously too early to say that he won't be a great player. That said, he has shown nothing at this level that makes me believe he will realize his potential. He needs to learn how to turn his patience into a strength and not a detriment.

Uggla has produced a lot of runs in two hole and with his consistent doubles he sets things up real nice for Ramirez and Cabrera. I don't know why people want to tamper with the one thing in this offense that has really been productive. So what, he's not a prototypical number 2 hitter. Who cares, its working.

Ummm...there's a difference between "consistent" doubles and a lot of doubles.

Is Uggla consistent? No.

Anyone who gets the golden sombrero really needs to do something spectacular to warrant a place in the top-2. To me, Uggla is the prototypical 5 or 6 guy, Hermida the 2.

I think hell has a better chance of freezing over before we see this move made, so it's senseless to argue, but there's nothing about Uggla that screams to me that his presence in the 2 hole is the reason for our success.

To me, the typical number two hitter chips in more than the occasional hit. When Hermida comes close to being that guy, then we will talk.

Jeremy Hermida is learning right now. Can he hit? He shows brilliant flashes but he has disappeared for long periods of time. I like what I see in him could he be a bust? It's possible, but that is long from being determined . Let him get a full season under his belt at least guys. Is he overmatch by major leage pitching right now? Not by any stretch of the imagination

Hermida should be our RF everyday. It's only June He will have several more hot streaks and several more slumps but his performance will become more consistent as the season progresses

I saw the Lee/Hermida comparison. Two points; one, Lee bounced up and down his first couple of years due to his pretty awful play early in his career - and that was on a horrible team. Two, Lee's late success has no bearing on Hermida's potential late term success, it just establishes that some guys are late bloomers.

That's the entire point ha.

Is Uggla consistent? No.

I know you luv the strike outs, but lets look only that this statement.

We all know that Dan had a poor April. Late start an all that.

From May 1 onwards. 44 games, 31 with hits. 36 where he reached base. And a .359 OBP. I don't think there is a consistency problem.

The problem I have with Dan hitting 2nd is that it is a waste of his power. His doubles would = runs elsewhere in the lineup.

But some guys never bloom and that's a possibility the kool-aid drinkers refuse to acknowledge.

But some guys never bloom and that's a possibility the kool-aid drinkers refuse to acknowledge.

No, but fans and hopefully the team will allow something more than 500 or so carreer PAs before dumping a potential superstar.

Is Uggla consistent? No.

From May 1 onwards. 44 games, 31 with hits. 36 where he reached base. And a .359 OBP. I don't think there is a consistency problem.

The problem I have with Dan hitting 2nd is that it is a waste of his power. His doubles would = runs elsewhere in the lineup.

He is not getting RBIs because Fredi is a knucklehead...Amezaga and Abercrombie shouldn't be leading off. Neither is real bse stealing threat or huge OBP guys. As good as some of Alfredo's games have been he isn't really a lead-off hitter he is more of a #7 type hitter

No, but fans and hopefully the team will allow something more than 500 or so carreer PAs before dumping a potential superstar.

I agree. I think it's nutty to call him a bust but it's just as nutty to predict great things out of him. Right now the guy is a big question mark.

Is Uggla consistent? No.

He is not getting RBIs because Fredi is a knucklehead...Amezaga and Abercrombie shouldn't be leading off. Neither is real bse stealing threat or huge OBP guys. As good as some of Alfredo's games have been he isn't really a lead-off hitter he is more of a #7 type hitter

The Marlins only have one potential leadoff threat in the entire organization, and that is Hermida... the guy this thread is about. Ramierez is wasted in the leadoff spot.

Hermida has shown nothing on the field that makes me think he can whiff an .800 OPS.

lol, his OPS right now is .755. But apparently the kid has peaked and will never hit .800.

Oh, and btw, he's never had a .685 OPS this season. Don't know where you got that one from.

.828 OPS vs. MINOR LEAGUE PITCHERS means absolutely nothing. How many guys have kicked butt in the minors and never did squat in the majors? The answer to that my friend is a ton. I'll believe he can hit major league pitching when he starts doing it.

and lol, considering that the league average OPS is .734 (and the AL one isn't much higher), I'd say he's handling major league pitching just fine for a major league hitter.

Age is a poor excuse for awful play. If he's not ready to succeed right now....then he shouldn't be in the majors.

lol again.

Guest Festa

There's a difference between being critical and saying a 23 year old kid is a bust and won't be good.

bingo

+1

I will admit, I throw stuff at my TV with some of the stuff Hermida does at-bat and on the field sometimes, but we need to realize this is just part of the process. Every prospect we bring up isn't going to pull a Willis, Cabrera, Uggla or Hanley. Players grow and improve at different speeds. Hermida is only 23. Again Hermida is only 23 years old.

So sit back and relax.

I'm glad some of you aren't in charge of personnel decisions on the club.

There's a difference between being critical and saying a 23 year old kid is a bust and won't be good.

bingo

+1

I will admit, I throw stuff at my TV with some of the stuff Hermida does at-bat and on the field sometimes, but we need to realize this is just part of the process. Every prospect we bring up isn't going to pull a Willis, Cabrera, Uggla or Hanley. Players grow and improve at different speeds. Hermida is only 23. Again Hermida is only 23 years old.

So sit back and relax.

Could you imagine our roster if that were true? *shudders*

Guest Festa

bingo

+1

So sit back and relax.

Could you imagine our roster if that were true? *shudders*

CF Ramirez

RF Ross

1B Cabrera

LF Willingham

3B Boone

2B Uggla

SS Amezaga

C Baker

Rotation

Willis

Willis