Miguel Tejada "Continues" His Streak

JonDigital

I think this is pretty pathetic if you ask me...

Miguel Tejada, who suffered a bruised wrist Wednesday, was pulled for a pinch-runner after bunting into a fielder's choice in the first inning of Thursday's game. How ridiculous. Tejada's consecutive games streak is worthless if this is what he'll do to extend it. The Orioles knew in advance that this was how it would play out, as they moved Tejada up to the second spot in the order to accomodate him. We're certainly not questioning Tejada's toughness, but if he was too hurt to play, he should have been a man and sat out.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...MLB&id=2474

Now obviously we don't know how hurt he was when he was pulled but he should have never started the game in the first place.

Ripken did sh*t like that too, just shows how worthless the whole stat is.

Plus there was that whole "blackout" game for Cal too...

I was going to say in my original post that "Cal would have never done sh*t like this" but I didn't have any fact's to back that up.

Thanks Swift!

Miguel Tejada, who suffered a bruised wrist Wednesday, was pulled for a pinch-runner after bunting into a fielder's choice in the first inning of Thursday's game. How ridiculous. Tejada's consecutive games streak is worthless if this is what he'll do to extend it. The Orioles knew in advance that this was how it would play out, as they moved Tejada up to the second spot in the order to accomodate him. We're certainly not questioning Tejada's toughness, but if he was too hurt to play, he should have been a man and sat out.

Now obviously we don't know how hurt he was when he was pulled but he should have never started the game in the first place.

do u really care?

hes not gunna catch pete or cal period.

do u really care?

hes not gunna catch pete or cal period.

Catching Cal or Pete is not the point. What happens if he gets hit by a pitch in that first inning trying to bunt and screws up his wrist even more and is out for an extended period of time? Then what kind of situation are the O's in? An even more crappier one. So why take the chance to extend your "streak".

Seems pointless to me putting your stats ahead of your team.

Catching Cal or Pete is not the point. What happens if he gets hit by a pitch in that first inning trying to bunt and screws up his wrist even more and is out for an extended period of time? Then what kind of situation are the O's in? An even more crappier one. So why take the chance to extend your "streak".

Seems pointless to me putting your stats ahead of your team.

Well, the Orioles season is quickly becoming pointless so this falls right in line.

I split most of my youth between florida and maryland and i do not remember cal ripken ever batting once due to injury than being taken out of the game and this snippet from an article in the baltimore sun seems to support my belief

///

///

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/basebal...-home-headlines

"Twice during his streak, Lou Gehrig batted leadoff, singled and left the game because he was ailing. Cal Ripken Jr., who holds the record at 2,632 consecutive games, left twice in the first inning because he was ejected for arguing balls and strikes. He once was tossed in the second inning for the same reason."