Rotation

G1-Brad Penny

G2-Dontrelle Willis

G3-Carl Pavano

G4-Mark Redman

G5-Josh Beckett

G6-Brad Penny

G7-Dontrelle Willis

JBeck is pitching twice in the series and either penny or willis aren't pitching twice. That's just blasphemy to say willis and penny go twice, and beckett and pavano only go once.

yo that rotation is tottaly messed up

first- brad penny pitching on the road??he's horrible on the road

second-Dontrelle on the road?-hes a good batter put him in a home game and also josh b. will be ready by game 2 so u should put him in

third-mark redman should pitch a game on the road

fourth-why is josh b. getting so much rest?????????

so many more...

Bro, give some of what you're smoking!!!

Beckett pitching once? Penny and Willis, our underachievers in the NLCS pitching twice?

no f***in way...beckett will pitch twice..the rotation will be completed by pavs, willis and redman. we're not goin to try a new rotation for the world series.

:thumbdown

my rotation

Game 1-Redman-hes not good at the plate-the games away so he wont have to bat!

Game 2-bekket-he will have had enough rest by this time and we want him 2 pitch as many games as he is able to

Game 3-Pavano-atleast he could hit alittle

Game 4-Willis-he wont be nervous by now-he will be used to the situation-and he could hit

Game 5-Penny-bad away-good at home-can hit

Game 6-Bekket-has had enough rest by now-put him in!

Game 7-Redman-if it goes this far hes our best pitcher available at this time.

GO MARLINS!!!!!

Finally, someone remembered the DH (good job Marlins...). Redman cant hit. Beckett can. That means you have to have Redman @ AL representative and Beckett @ home. That means Game 3 for Beckett - and possibly Game 7. He will have plenty of rest too.

Willis also can hit. Pitch him at home, Game 4. That means he could come out of the bullpen in case of Game 7 and he will hit well if needed to.

Now, if we dont want Redman to hit at home, that means he cant pitch Game 1- instead Game 2. Which means, you have to give Pavano - a cold weather/NE guy the nod on Game 1.

Here is how it looks so far:

1 Pavano

2 Redman

3 Beckett

4 Willis

5 Pavano

6 Redman

7 Beckett

Pavano is solid with the bat, gives us a good matchup against the AL pitcher hitting in our ballpark in Game 5 (which would be their #1 starter).

Not to mention, you go righty, lefty, righty, lefty. Willis is especially interesting because both AL teams have not seen him up close yet.

I don't know if I want Pavano going on only 3 days rest. I might do this for game 1. Start Willis, but have Penny ready to pitch. Let Willis go 4 innings and if he is cruising leave him in but if he's a little shaky bring in Penny for about 3 innings, and whoever pitches better would pitch game 5 in the series.

So here's how my staff would look.

1- Willis

2- Pavano

3- Beckett

4- Redman (You guys are saying he can't hit but Pro Player is made for his pitching style.

5- Willis or Penny

6- Pavano

7- Beckett

Pavano only threw 86 pitches and has not really been getting his full workload throughout the playoffs. Remember, he is a starter - which is kind of amazing that he could come in in Game 6 and make a quality start. You CANNOT expect Willis to come into Game 1, with the emotions highest - AT YANKEE STADIUM - and get a quality start. Not the way he has pitched lately. He will rebound, I know that. His stuff is too good. But also, I dont want to see him pitch on the road AND not get to use his bat. You have to maximize the performance of this team. I dont think you would be if you started Willis and Penny in games 1-2, that would be ridiculous - Period.

Game 1 - Dontrelle Willis

Game 2 - Carl Pavano

Game 3 - Josh Beckett

Game 4 - Mark Redman

Game 5 - Dontrelle Willis (or Brad Penny, depending on Game 1)

Game 6 - Carl Pavano

Game 7 - Josh Beckett

Pavano may be a starter, but I don't think we need to throw him out there on 3 days rest when we don't need to.

The above it what I would do, I don't have a clue what McKeon will do.

(Apologies to farmer_fran, didn't even notice this was the exact same as his, I just copied mine from one I posted last night)

I don't know if I want Pavano going on only 3 days rest. I might do this for game 1. Start Willis, but have Penny ready to pitch. Let Willis go 4 innings and if he is cruising leave him in but if he's a little shaky bring in Penny for about 3 innings, and whoever pitches better would pitch game 5 in the series.

So here's how my staff would look.

1- Willis

2- Pavano

3- Beckett

4- Redman (You guys are saying he can't hit but Pro Player is made for his pitching style.

5- Willis or Penny

6- Pavano

7- Beckett

I change my vote...this makes more sense...

I didn't realize Pavs would be on short rest.

After the first post how about this one...

1- Willis

2- Redman

3- Pavano

4- Penny

5- Willis

6- Redman

7- Pavano

or a reversed more beckett inclusive model

1- Beckett

2- Redman (beckett relief)

3- Beckett

4- Pavano

5- Beckett

6- Beckett

7- Redman (beckett relief)

I like Big Hugg's rotation the most

ESPN has already gave an idea of wut it will be and we are not using a 5 man rotation in the series

this is wut it will be

Game 1-Willis or Penny

Game 2- Willis or Penny depending on who pitches game 1

Game 3- Beckett

Game 4-Redman

Game 5-Penny or willis whoever pitches game 1

Game 6-Penny or willis whoever pitches game 2

Game 7-Beckett

Pavano will pitch out of the pen according to wut mckeon said on espn because he has been the most effective out of the pen so there it is no more debating!

ESPN's clueless. It's obvious to anyone with a brain cell that Pavano will start at least one game.

I like Big Hugg's rotation, with one exception.

If the team's on the brink of elimination for Game 6, I think I'd move Beckett up & have him pitch Game 6 on 3 days rest. If you save him for Game 7 you're risking there not being a Game 7...

1- Beckett

3- Beckett

4- Pavano

5- Beckett

6- Beckett

soooo, you expect Josh to start 4 out of a possible 7 games and pitch in relief for the other games? :banghead

1- Beckett

3- Beckett

4- Pavano

5- Beckett

6- Beckett

soooo, you expect Josh to start 4 out of a possible 7 games and pitch in relief for the other games? :banghead im pretty sure he is kidding ;)