Getting above .500

well here go the mets getting hot again and they are going to pull away.....we had our f***in chances

I don't think anyone here realistically thought we would be winning the NL East over the Mets or Braves despite the Mets recent troubles, but a healthy team will be playing much better than we currently are. Truthfully, this is probably not the year for the Marlins to make any noise in the wild card race and post season but I would love to see them make things interesting come fall.

I still don't understand the problem is with Amezaga.

Offensively, he gives average production based on what other CFers are doing in the NL this league after moving up to the lead off spot.

NL CF average production: .264/.326/.406/.732

Amezaga: .294/.342/.368/.710

So less SLG but higher OBP...I'll take it, considering he's leading off.

Defensively, yeah there's struggles. But he's much improved and I wouldn't call him a liability. And although fielding stats don't tell the whole story, his 3.28 RF is only behind Ryan Church out of CFers with 250+ innings, and his .910 ZR is only behind Pie and Duffy. Now again, I'm not saying those stats are end all to be all stats to say how good a fielder is, there's no way Amezaga is one of the best deffensive CFers in the league (He has about ~200 less innings played then those that started from the begining of the season, so in time I'm sure it'll even out), but still they show that he's producing out there. I'd still say he's below average, but he's not a liability, he's improved out there compared to last year.

Now I'd still love to see Carroll out there getting a chance to show what he can do, and I'd love for De Aza to get a chance when he's healthy. I'm not saying we HAVE to have Amezaga out there. But he's been average, and I wouldn't say that an average player kills a team. We aren't the Yankees, we aren't going to have an All Star at every position.

Offensively, he gives average production based on what other CFers are doing in the NL this league after moving up to the lead off spot.

Defensively, yeah there's struggles. But he's much improved and I wouldn't call him a liability. And although fielding stats don't tell the whole story, his 3.28 RF is only behind Ryan Church out of CFers with 250+ innings, and his .910 ZR is only behind Pie and Duffy. Now again, I'm not saying those stats are end all to be all stats to say how good a fielder is, there's no way Amezaga is one of the best deffensive CFers in the league (He has about ~200 less innings played then those that started from the begining of the season, so in time I'm sure it'll even out), but still they show that he's producing out there. I'd still say he's below average, but he's not a liability, he's improved out there compared to last year.

Now I'd still love to see Carroll out there getting a chance to show what he can do, and I'd love for De Aza to get a chance when he's healthy. I'm not saying we HAVE to have Amezaga out there. But he's been average, and I wouldn't say that an average player kills a team. We aren't the Yankees, we aren't going to have an All Star at every position.

Ssshhh. Stop being realistic when they have such a good opportunity to do some Amezega bashing. Many here still want that guy from Tampa that has almost as many hits on the police blotter as he does with a baseball.

Ssshhh. Stop being realistic when they have such a good opportunity to do some Amezega bashing. Many here still want that guy from Tampa that has almost as many hits on the police blotter as he does with a baseball.

Mostly because Dukes is a natural centerfielder, who is struggling massively compared to his potential and still has an OPS exactly 1 point lower than Amezaga's. And, you know, he's having an awful season. He's much, much, much better than Amezaga, and I actually don't mind Amezaga ih he doesn't have to face left handed pitchers. Get your facts straight.

I'll say that Amezaga has improved some in CF (as one would expect, after all he'd never played the position before last season) and has done an admiral job of filling in. In fact I said the same thing last year, he's really stepped in and did the best he could in a situation he should not have been put in (that being both playing center field AND leading off).

I give him a lot of credit for what he's doing. I would still prefer him coming off the bench here, but if he keeps hitting & improving his D in center, all the better.

I'm not an Amezaga basher. He is what he is and he's been asked to do a lot here.

As far as getting over .500 it's going to take some consistent starting pitching, which we've yet to see. Can't go on a winning streak just with the bats. Some nights the offense goes cold & you have to win 2-1.

Its a shame though really...because I think we have a lot of talent in the skill positions with the exception of a few......personally...it started out with our bullpen being the main problem because we would have to have a 3 to 5 run lead at least to hang on to a win....but now our starting pitchers are anythnig but good.....D-Train ...just awful in June (had some injuries but still).....Johnson looks rough coming back.....Olson ...you never know what your going to get....Kim....ehh..and I like Mitre the most ...just hasn't had the support behind him.....

Also...we lead the majors or did in s/o's because for the most part all we do is get up there and hack at the ball or strikeout.....