Wait a sec...how is Howard gonna be in the HR derby when he isn't even an all-star?

defending champions get the 1st invite back. even if they arent on the team. its just something mlb does. (kinda like a perk)

I believe Palmeiro also competed a few years ago because he was a member of the 500 club. The rules for the derby are extremely flexible. In the end, it's just a huge marketing maneuver anyway.

wasn't hee seop choi in it a couple years ago because they needed a different entry for every country?

Wait a sec...how is Howard gonna be in the HR derby when he isn't even an all-star?

defending champions get the 1st invite back. even if they arent on the team. its just something mlb does. (kinda like a perk)

I believe Palmeiro also competed a few years ago because he was a member of the 500 club. The rules for the derby are extremely flexible. In the end, it's just a huge marketing maneuver anyway.

wasn't hee seop choi in it a couple years ago because they needed a different entry for every country?

Yes, in 2005 they had this idea to have 1 player from each country, so Hee Seop participated and so did Jason Bay (for Canada). One of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard because there are definitely more than 1 qualified representative from the U.S., Venezuela, Dominican Republic, etc

ya, that was really boring..he only hit 1 or 2 out.. :rolleyes:

that HRD su*ked

ya, that was really boring..he only hit 1 or 2 out.. :rolleyes:

that HRD su*ked

He hit out 5 and so did Andruw Jones, representing the Netherlands. I know Tiexeira did horrible with something like 2 and I don't think Bay hit any at all.

I know Abreu won that thing and hit like 24 or 25 in the first round. He was in there forever just smashing ball after ball.

Tejada did alright, but not as good as the year before when he put on a good show.

Griffey gets another shot in getting another title. Thats the player i am going for, oh and those canoers out in mcovey are going to have blast with all the lefties.

Griffey turned down the derby, as did Bonds.

Griffey gets another shot in getting another title. Thats the player i am going for, oh and those canoers out in mcovey are going to have blast with all the lefties.

Griffey turned down the derby, as did Bonds.

it's obvious Griffey was waiting to see if Bonds would do it... i knew it was either both or neither

Vladdy and Magglio are in.

I didnt reliaze that over 30 players have 15homeruns or more.

2 more participants to come.

Is miggy still the favorite for righties?

Freddi Gonzalez will pitch to Cabrera.

Adam Dunn said he would not participate if asked, and now with A-Rod being hurt, I dont know who else theyll ask.

Brain McAnn, Alfonso Soriano, and David Wright are all from the NL potential targets I suppose. and torri hunter just knocked his 18th today.

Bonds is a complete douche for rejecting his invitation. Giants fans get him on the all-star team, and he rewards them by not letting them see him homeruns.

I heard an interesting defense of Bonds' decision on ESPN radio today. Basically, the guy said that Bonds doesn't owe anybody anything. He is under a microscope and ridiculed and talked about and has all of these allegations against him. Screw that. It's like making fun of a coworker all year and calling them naems and calling them a liar then getting ticked off because they decided not to attend your bbq.

The other point was that if he DOES show up and do well, you know everyone is going to be talking about steroids. It's the white elephant in the room so there it is. Again, he's an All Star. Let him enjoy his moment with some quiet dignity.

As much as I think it's Barry's job as an ENTERTAINER to perform, the guy does make some sense.

Bonds is a complete douche for rejecting his invitation. Giants fans get him on the all-star team, and he rewards them by not letting them see him homeruns.

He's 42 and has a bad knee. How can you blam him?

Yeah, SF fans never get to see Barry Bonds hit home runs.

He's 42 and has a bad knee. How can you blam him?

Thank you!

What is so hard to understand about this guys?

Adam Dunn should replace cabs

Adam Dunn said he would not go to the derby if asked.

probablly mad about not being an all star, even thou he doesnt deserve it.

If he isn't an all-star he can't compete...the only reason Howard is in without being an all-star is cause he is the defending champion