JJ headed back to the DL

Marlins RHP Johnson headed back to DL

July 5, 2007

SAN DIEGO (Ticker) - Florida Marlins righthander Josh Johnson is headed back to the disabled list.

Johnson left Wednesday's game against the San Diego Padres after five innings due to stiffness in his forearm. The Marlins announced after the game that Johnson was headed back to the DL.

The 23-year-old righthander missed the first 10 weeks of the season due to an irritated ulnar nerve in his right elbow.Johnson (0-3) failed to make it past the fourth inning in his first three starts since coming off the disabled list, compiling a ghastly 10.97 ERA.

He had his best effort of the season against the Padres, allowing just four hits in five scoreless innings.

Center fielder Eric Reed will be recalled from Class AAA Albuquerque on Thursday.

Damn, with all the promise he showed today, that really sucks.

JJ to the dl AGAIN!!!!!! and the guy we all love to hate eric reed is coming back

I don't love to hate Reed. I wish he was awesome. But he's not. More like being realistic.

At least he can catch and throw baseballs though. He's the best defensive player on the team.

HAHAHAAHAHA

nothing you can do but laugh at this point

Wrong, I'm pointing and crying.

ah young jedi, when you mature and get older you will learn to use the force in a way not to cry

*has nothing*