According to Baseball Tonght

Milledge Gomes for Willis. Get it done.

Gomez* and I think he is hurt and supposedly out for a bit

I'd look long and hard at something like Pelfrey, Heilman and Milledge for Willis though

Why not? He'd be your 2nd best outfielder and perhaps in a year or two, your best outfielder.

If Milidge is that good, why are the Mets always trying to get rid of him ? Doesn't that give anyone reason to pause ? :whistle

Because he's "unprofessional." Because he was a 21 year old that acted like a 21 year old. His "run ins" were pretty stupid imo. I can understand being mad about the rap song, I can understand being dissapointed with how he has acted, but they're nothing major. Slap his wrist, tell him to act better for his and the teams image, and be at it.

I mean sh*t, the reason he was drafted as late as he was was because he was a highschooler that had sex with a highschooler OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, HIGH SCHOOLERS HAVING SEX WITH ONE ANOTHER! :rolleyes:

If/when he gets traded, the team will probably get him for pennies on the dollar. Although I'd much perfer Gomez, I still deffinatly wouldn't mind Milledge on the Marlins. My only problem is, at the moment, I'd rather Train going somewhere for a catching prospect...because that's a hell of a lot harder void to fill.

I'd look long and hard at something like Pelfrey, Heilman and Milledge for Willis though

No way would we do that.

Gomez* He had an injury, will be out until september.

Why not? He'd be your 2nd best outfielder and perhaps in a year or two, your best outfielder.

If Milidge is that good, why are the Mets always trying to get rid of him ? Doesn't that give anyone reason to pause ? :whistle

We have Gomez who is going to be a full time major league player in 2008. Milledge is expandable because we have King Fernando in the minors, who is going to be a stud. He would've been up all year but he had a foot injury, he's rehabbing now and is doing good in AA so far.

No way would we do that.

I bet you would.

No way would we do that.

I bet you would.

Hell yeah I would do that if Pelfrey wasnt in the deal.

I love Dontrelle Willis. He is my favorite NL pitcher aside of Mets pitchers.

I love his animation, character and his overall swagger. His main proble is his mechanics especially on his FB. Your pitching coach hasnt done sh*t. With his talent, Rick Peterson would turn him back into ace form.

I don't think Willis will be traded, with the crap year he's having he's doing everything to erode his trade value...if they do they won't get what they should for him....

Milledge for Willis. Get it done.

Oh please God no.

Willis and Thrilledge in a one for one?

Um. no

I don't think Willis will be traded, with the crap year he's having he's doing everything to erode his trade value...if they do they won't get what they should for him....

With Buerhle signing his trade value will be exceptionally high these next 3 weeks. He is really the only pitcher available on the trade market. BTW: I get the feeling that the Marlins FO does not like Lasting Milledge, but did like Gomez.

No way would we do that.

I bet you would.

Hell yeah I would do that if Pelfrey wasnt in the deal.

I love Dontrelle Willis. He is my favorite NL pitcher aside of Mets pitchers.

I love his animation, character and his overall swagger. His main proble is his mechanics especially on his FB. Your pitching coach hasnt done sh*t. With his talent, Rick Peterson would turn him back into ace form.

And there's no way we would trade him for Aaron Heilman and Lastings Milledge. We could get a lot more than that from a lot of other teams.

Oh please God no.

Um. no

HELL no.

He better not be traded, we are already pitchers short, especially if Olsen isnt ready by his next start. I know we can get a lot for Dontrelle by trading him, but he IS what makes the marlins.

If we were to pick up an Aaron Heilman in the process, what's the difference?

Willis: 7-7, 4.72

Heilman: 6-3, 3.83

Face facts. Dontrelle Willis is no longer an ace.

Oh please God no.

Um. no

HELL no.

He better not be traded, we are already pitchers short, especially if Olsen isnt ready by his next start. I know we can get a lot for Dontrelle by trading him, but he IS what makes the marlins.

:rolleyes:

Career stats:

Dontrelle - 65-46 3.59 ERA 931 IP 25 years old

Heilman - 18-21 4.27 ERA 330 IP 28 years old

I guess you think Carlos Pena is a better player than Ryan Howard too? His numbers are better this year...

Oh please God no.

Um. no

HELL no.

:rolleyes:

Career stats:

Dontrelle - 65-46 3.59 ERA 931 IP 25 years old

Heilman - 18-21 4.27 ERA 330 IP 28 years old

I guess you think Carlos Pena is a better player than Ryan Howard too? His numbers are better this year...

You know exactly what my point was.

And the argument that he makes this team is also bogus. Sure, he's an awesome clubhouse guy but MAKES the team? Come on. No one man makes a baseball team.

Guest Guest

Yuck, whats everyones obsession with Aaron Heilman. Awful as a starter(granted, only 25 starts and 133 IP) and run of the mill as a reliever.

He is consistently one of the most overvalued pitchers in baseball on a year to year basis.