Since he has begun to play almost every day, Amezaga has shown that he has the ability to get on base in a number of ways and then steal bases once he is on. He has played especially well on this current trip. As Tommy notes every night, he is hitting around .300 when he leads off. Alfredo could be another potential baserunner for miggy, jake, and hammer rather than being wasted at 8. I understand that the 8 spot is tough with the pitcher following but moving Fredo up would make the lineup much deeper. He is also speedier than Uggla whose strong bat could be moved to more of a true RBI spot. I don't know whether I like miggy batting 3rd or 4th more. Either way he'll be his spectacular self, but the person hitting in front of him will benefit greatly if he hits 4th (like when Jake started hitting 3rd last year and went on his tear). I'm thinking of lineups like these.

Hanley

Alfredo

Miggy

Jake

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Hanley

Alfredo

Jake

Miggy

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Thoughts???

Others won't like this but at this point in his career I would either hit Hermida 8th where his eye will pay off huge in OBP, or 2nd where he actually has protection in the lineup.

Say whatever you want but Hermida has shown his potential in small spurts this season.

Since he has begun to play almost every day, Amezaga has shown that he has the ability to get on base in a number of ways and then steal bases once he is on. He has played especially well on this current trip. As Tommy notes every night, he is hitting around .300 when he leads off. Alfredo could be another potential baserunner for miggy, jake, and hammer rather than being wasted at 8. I understand that the 8 spot is tough with the pitcher following but moving Fredo up would make the lineup much deeper. He is also speedier than Uggla whose strong bat could be moved to more of a true RBI spot. I don't know whether I like miggy batting 3rd or 4th more. Either way he'll be his spectacular self, but the person hitting in front of him will benefit greatly if he hits 4th (like when Jake started hitting 3rd last year and went on his tear). I'm thinking of lineups like these.

Hanley

Alfredo

Miggy

Jake

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Hanley

Alfredo

Jake

Miggy

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Thoughts???

I like the idea of Fredo in the 2-spot. :thumbup

imo Alfredo should either be leading off or nothing right now (atleast ride this hot streak out)

then again, he's on fire anyway so him in the 8 hole doesn't seem to be effecting him much

I definitely wouldn't want to see Jacobs ahead of Cabrera. Over the course of an entire season, batting one spot lower in the lineup means you get about 45-50 less plate appearances. I'd rather those PA go to Miguel.

Hanley

Alfredo

Miggy

Jake

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Hanley

Alfredo

Jake

Miggy

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Thoughts???

Jacobs third? No thanks.

amezaga should be a 7th or 8th hitter. that's where he belongs. you want your best hitters batting earlier, so they can get more at bats. i rather those at bats go to hanley, uggla, cabrera, willy, jake and hermida.

Hanley

Alfredo

Miggy

Jake

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Hanley

Alfredo

Jake

Miggy

Uggla

Hammer

Hermida

Olivo

P

Thoughts???

i said this same thing about a week and a half ago.

i say they give it a try...

kinda pierre-castillo-like except with some power at the leadoff spot.