The All Purpose Football (Soccer) Thread

METSrosexual

Guest Night Phantom

It's just the American mentality to pick the lower seed and watch them grow into a winner. It's our thing and totally understandable.

I'm currently stuck on picking between Newcastle and Everton.

Probably just wait until the season starts and watch both, see which I like watching more. Might even end up rooting for a different team all togeather.

dude what is with everton??

man it must be nice to turn peoples mentality around solely because of your status on this site

8 out of 10 english people dont even know who Everton is

we're a young up and coming team, with an American goalie, a bald striker, the best Spanish midfielder in the world (that no one can name) and Tim Cahill

have an awesome fan base as well

it doesn't mean anything (atleast to me) if you pick 1 of the Big 4 right away and win it all. You have no real connection with the team. Picking the underdog is the American way and it makes things mean more (imo)

man it must be nice to turn peoples mentality around solely because of your status on this site

we're a young up and coming team, with an American goalie, a bald striker, the best Spanish midfielder in the world (that no one can name) and Tim Cahill

it doesn't mean anything (atleast to me) if you pick 1 of the Big 4 right away and win it all. You have no real connection with the team. Picking the underdog is the American way and it makes things mean more (imo)

The best Spanish mid in the world is Cesc Fabregas.

It's true though, the UEFA Champions League is one of the highlights of MY sports season, and I'm damn happy that I get to see my team in it every year. You can root for Everton all you want, but you'll never know the joy of playing a Champions League Final, much less winning one. All Everton can ever hope to win is an occasional FA Cup. That's a big occasional. UEFA Cup?? No offense man, but that's like winning the CFL Trophy, and not the Super Bowl.

In no way do I mean to offend anyone, I'm just stating how exciting it is to follow a good team. If anything, I commend you Everton fans for staying loyal, and above anything, you guys are damn proud fans. Cheers to you Evertonians.

The best Spanish mid in the world is Cesc Fabregas.

It's true though, the UEFA Champions League is one of the highlights of MY sports season, and I'm damn happy that I get to see my team in it every year. You can root for Everton all you want, but you'll never know the joy of playing a Champions League Final, much less winning one. All Everton can ever hope to win is an occasional FA Cup. That's a big occasional. UEFA Cup?? No offense man, but that's like winning the CFL Trophy, and not the Super Bowl.

In no way do I mean to offend anyone, I'm just stating how exciting it is to follow a good team. If anything, I commend you Everton fans for staying loyal, and above anything, you guys are damn proud fans. Cheers to you Evertonians.

We were in the Champions League just 2 seasons ago after finishing 4th. This past season we finished 6th and before a late year collapse were neck and neck for the Champions League all year.

Not sure why we can't win anything, especially now that we are spending alot of money

and as for Fabregas vs Arteta.... I said that Mikel was the best mid that no one has ever heard of...

Guest Miggy is Great

So who is the first person to offer up their time to commish a mb.com fantasy football (yes real football, you know the one that is played around the world).

Sorry but i just dont have the time to keep up with the stats.

they are not a bad side dont get me wrong. the problem is that they have no history like other clubs

also if you are naming reasons why follow Everton heres a couple for Liverpool ... they have the BEST english player with a heart of a lion in Steven Gerrard, they have a young and one of the top 2 spanish strikers (just signed this summer) in Fernando "el nino" Torres, they have the all-english workhorse and legend in Jaime Carragher, one of the best coaches in the world in Rafa Benitez and they have the BEST fans in England in the kop

whatever no pun intended Rampy

also

... I would join a fantasy league

:mischief