Hurricane Dean is alive!

CapeFish

i think this is the big one. i would have posted it earlier, but i wanted you guys to get the first whack.

Thanks for the courtesy.

It does look like Cape Verde season is starting.....they have this storm in the area of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands in about 5 days as a hurricane at around 100 MPH.

i think this is the big one. i would have posted it earlier, but i wanted you guys to get the first whack.

Thanks for the courtesy.

It does look like Cape Verde season is starting.....they have this storm in the area of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands in about 5 days as a hurricane at around 100 MPH.

you think florida is going to get whacked again?

Thanks for the courtesy.

you think florida is going to get whacked again?

Too early to tell......storm is more than a week away.

What name are we up to? Just so I can say my prayers and name the right person.

My first thought----- HA! Just in time for school to begin, right Maxx!!

I remember last year, (I think- I'm getting older now)- we started school and then BAM! The next week, we were out for a few days.

Finally, a Cape Verde storm. I was getting antsy after two lame years of no Cape Verde storms. They are my favorite to watch. Each takes on a real life of their own.

Just in time for school to start. I expect we will have the D and E storms by tomorrow.

Am I the only one slightly disturbed by this comment?

I'm getting a very Dr. Oken from Independence Day vibe from B4P.

I'm not sure whether he's a weirdo or sociopath.

I have a question. How come the storm by Hawaii is named Flossie if we are by the letter D? Just wondering.

Each basin has a seperate naming system and list.

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/tcfaqB.html

An addendum to that; the Central Pacific Hurricane Center (The Hawai'i branch of the NHC) will keep the name of the storm from the East Pacific basin if it forms and keeps itself together from before and after it crosses the 140 degree W line. However, when a storm forms beyond that line, the CPHC naming list takes over with Hawai'in list (ex: Iniki in 1992 and Ioke of last year).

The same thing happens with Typhoons when the hurricane crosses over the International Date Line as Ioke did last year. However, when a hurricane in the atlantic basin crosses over and keeps the general structure together, it is renamed into whatever the East Pacific basin name would be.

Guest marlins02

Finally, a Cape Verde storm. I was getting antsy after two lame years of no Cape Verde storms. They are my favorite to watch. Each takes on a real life of their own.

Just in time for school to start. I expect we will have the D and E storms by tomorrow.

Am I the only one slightly disturbed by this comment?

I'm getting a very Dr. Oken from Independence Day vibe from B4P.

I'm not sure whether he's a weirdo or sociopath.

i say bordering on sociopath (putting it mildly)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.