Sit the Sea Bass!

Sorry, but defense shmeefence. Sea Bass is cruising along at a .090 clip this post-season, which is completely unacceptable. At first it just incensed and infuriated me, but now it's turned into flat out embarassing.

Put Cabs at SS, put Carcy back in the OF with Niner and Frenchy, and let Sea Bass sit on the pine.

Sorry but an "excuse me" Texas-leaguer double (Which was really a single) in game 7 of the NLCS doesn't warrant him playing every day. Neither does his defense. His presence in the lineup makes the bottom third of the order an absolute joke.

Sorry, but defense shmeefence. Sea Bass is cruising along at a .090 clip this post-season, which is completely unacceptable. At first it just incensed and infuriated me, but now it's turned into flat out embarassing.

Put Cabs at SS, put Carcy back in the OF with Niner and Frenchy, and let Sea Bass sit on the pine.

Sorry but an "excuse me" Texas-leaguer double (Which was really a single) in game 7 of the NLCS doesn't warrant him playing every day. Neither does his defense. His presence in the lineup makes the bottom third of the order an absolute joke.

i gott agree.

im sorry to say everytime that bottom order comes up ESPECIALLY sea bass im like ah cr ap easy out here most likely, and guess wut? it normally is.

it IS just embarrising

And to think I actually had myself believing I missed your posts (ugh)

Perhaps you were busy removing your head from your a** when alex made three fabulous plays out there, two to start extraordinary doubleplays. The boys on BBTm cannot stop raing about the guy. I for one am unhappy with his bat but if he keeps playing D like he has this team is going to win this Series.

Go Fish !

Sea Bass is sucking big time at the plate. I rather see Dontrelle, Penny or Beckett swing the bat at his spot.

But we have NO choice, we got to play SeaBass at SS. This team is built around defense and speed. As long as he keeps making those Defensive plays, I'm willing to put up with his bullcrap at the plate.

Well, there IS a choice at SS. His name is Mike Mordecai. FWIW, his fielding pct. is virtually identical to Sea Bass's.

But Mordecai is deplorable on the road, where Sea Bass is better than at home.

I'd give Gonzalez another game, although it is frustrating to get guys on base ahead of him only to kill the rally. At least in NY, there is no pitcher hitting behind him...

I don't think the young lady who started this post was whining at all. It's good strategy talk to always be looking to improve! Don't tell me the thought never crossed your mind!

GO MARLINS!

Between the double play and the Giambi play, he earned his keep today. With out those two plays, this game could have gone the other way.

Yeah, that's great and all, but for every time someone points out a good defensive play, I can point out a situation where he leaves runners on base, kills a potential rally or affects the pitches batters before him see.

I can't stand it when the 7,8,9 are due up. It's practically an automatic inning soley because Sea Bass is in the mix. This lineup, while offensively potential, does not have the firepower to carry Sea Bass on the a**-end of the lineup.

although bass hasn't been producing at all, he is the only one who really knows Castillo enough to pull those sick dps they do...you can't just play another player in SS and expect him to learn all of his team mate's habits in just a couple of games...SS and second base are two positions vital to the success of the team.

marlins should just look for a better SS in the offseason who has solid defense and at least decent batting

The only thing you got right here, Fish Fillet, is that A Gon isnt hitting. Sure, he is swinging at bad pitches, and not swinging at good ones. But defense and pitching win championships - just look at this postseason to observe that maxim at work. I dont want to see A Gon out of that lineup because his D is that good, he made a couple of plays tonight that saved this game for us. Remember that bare-handed grab with Willis on the mound to throw out the hitter (Giambi? I cant remember...) - that got us out of the inning and saved a run. Not to mention the double plays he turns and the range he has...he may not score us runs, but he saves us from runs.

And those of you who want to worship Miggy, not so fast. He is still 20, and that blunder in LF cost us 1 run - that could have cost us the game. Let him settle in at one position and experiment in Spring Training - NOT in the World Series!!

There's absolutely NO WAY in the world you take out your season long shortstop in the world series, unless he can't play defense for some reason. That would be the same as saying not starting Redman because he only has one hit this season. Not only is there not another player on this team that can make some of the plays Gonzo makes look routine, but I don't think there's another in the league.

I'm not against replacing him in the future, ...it is frustrating to see him continue to swing at the same non strike curve ball outside, in the dirt, time after time, ...after time again. But he is more than making up for it on defense. He provides the defensive "swagger" that wouldn't be present in his abscence.

I think the best we can hope for, is that the Yankees pitchers don't really believe how easy it is to get him to swing at that same pitch. Remember, when the NL threw him fastballs earlier in the season he was was hitting .330, with pop.

Here we go again!

Could we please cut the **** with moving Cabs to short? Despite having a horrible night last night, the line up worked very well with Cabs at cleanup, Juan Enc back at right had a couple good at bats and Conine did his job in the DH spot and got a couple of walks.

Leave the ******* line up the way it is! A Gonz has proven that when it really, really matters that he will come up big.

I'll agree, Sea Bass is f*cking horrendous at the plate and is almost an automatic out. I'll also agree that his defense is pretty damn good. So here's what we should do (and, no doubt, what we're doing already):

Leave Sea Bass in. If we've got runners on and we really NEED some offense, we pinch Mordecai for him and leave Mordy at SS. This is what Jack has been doing and it has worked perfectly fine. Late in the game when we need a hit, we put in Mordy. Remember game 6 vs. the Cubs & that kick a** triple?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. No reason to sub someone for Sea Bass until we actually have men on base and a chance of scoring. This strategy has been working fine so far.

I'll agree, Sea Bass is f*cking horrendous at the plate and is almost an automatic out. I'll also agree that his defense is pretty damn good. So here's what we should do (and, no doubt, what we're doing already):

Leave Sea Bass in. If we've got runners on and we really NEED some offense, we pinch Mordecai for him and leave Mordy at SS. This is what Jack has been doing and it has worked perfectly fine. Late in the game when we need a hit, we put in Mordy. Remember game 6 vs. the Cubs & that kick a** triple?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. No reason to sub someone for Sea Bass until we actually have men on base and a chance of scoring. This strategy has been working fine so far.

Well put!