Anyone have experience with website design?

Big_Rob

So I need to get a website up. I've done a couple of websites before, mostly using "HTML for Dummies" as a guide. I was wondering if anyone on the board could recommend some good design software and/or give some perspective on the usefulness of hiring a pro to do the design work.

Anyone have an opinion on that?

I recommend Adobe Dreamweaver. It was previously made by Macromedia. It's the best tool for designing web pages I have found. It's pretty expensive though. They have a free trial at least - http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/

You are right. I always used Adobe GoLive which was OK, a bit too confusing tho.

My next website is going to be with Dreamweaver, although i do not know how to use it right now. Can't be harder than GoLive right?

Thanks Admin, downloaded the free trial. It's pretty easy to work with, I'm getting the hang of it pretty quickly.

What kind of website are you doing? maybe i can give you some pointers. Do you have your own server or are you going to need to buy one online (for hosting your page)?

It's a website for a small business. Pretty basic stuff, just informational and some pictures. I'll be using an outside server to host. Any recommendations for hosting? Is GoDaddy decent?

Thanks Admin, downloaded the free trial. It's pretty easy to work with, I'm getting the hang of it pretty quickly.

What kind of website are you doing? maybe i can give you some pointers. Do you have your own server or are you going to need to buy one online (for hosting your page)?

It's a website for a small business. Pretty basic stuff, just informational and some pictures. I'll be using an outside server to host. Any recommendations for hosting? Is GoDaddy decent?

Yep Godaddy is great. Ive also used StartLogic.com which is also great, i haven't had problems with it. Downtime is minimal to none. great servers and they are real cheap too.

look around first if your gonna be using outside servers, make sure they have 24hr live chat help. If its your first time, you'll probably end up using it.

Yep Godaddy is great. Ive also used StartLogic.com which is also great, i haven't had problems with it. Downtime is minimal to none. great servers and they are real cheap too.

look around first if your gonna be using outside servers, make sure they have 24hr live chat help. If its your first time, you'll probably end up using it.

Cool, thanks for all the input. I went through the dreamweaver tutorial today and I'm feeling pretty good with it, not even considering hiring a pro at this point (not that i'm instantly a pro, but I've produced what I need for now.)