Posada?

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

It's not out of the question the 36-year-old Jorge Posada could command a three-year deal in the $39-44 million range considering the weak free-agent catching market. After all, he hit a career-high .338 with 20 homers and 90 RBIs while making $12 million this season. The Mets aren't expected to resign Paul Lo Duca and the Marlins, who have been stockpiling dollars, will likely be interested. -- NY Post

sign me up

It's not out of the question the 36-year-old Jorge Posada could command a three-year deal in the $39-44 million range considering the weak free-agent catching market. After all, he hit a career-high .338 with 20 homers and 90 RBIs while making $12 million this season. The Mets aren't expected to resign Paul Lo Duca and the Marlins, who have been stockpiling dollars, will likely be interested. -- NY Post

olivo in 08.

Reading comprehension guys. We're allegedly interested in LoDuca, not Posada.

Pass.

I believe they're still talking about the Marlins and Posada.

Lo Duca was mentioned because the Mets won't resign him, ergo, there's a spot for Posada.

Not that it really matters in the end though.

Reading comprehension guys. We're allegedly interested in LoDuca, not Posada.

Pass.

I believe they're still talking about the Marlins and Posada.

Lo Duca was mentioned because the Mets won't resign him, ergo, there's a spot for Posada.

Not that it really matters in the end though.

Misplaced modifier it may be, but this is clearly referencing the Marlins and LoDuca. Also, it's the NY Post which has a habit of regurgitation of baseball information and we have been linked with LoDuca once this post-season.

So as of now, this is what the 2008 team is going to look like on opening day:

C-Posada

1B-Miguel Cabrera

2B-Dan Uggla

SS-Hanley Ramirez

3B-Alex Rogriguez

LF-Barry Bonds

CF-Curtis Granderson

RF-Vlad Guerrero

SP-Johan Santana

SP-Josh Beckett

SP-Jake Peavy

SP-CC Sabathia

SP-Brandon Webb

Closer- JJ Putz

:thumbup

I LOVE the MARLINS but let's be honest we are not going to sign any big name or even mid level free agents it isnt going to happen . The only way i see a marginal increas ein payroll is if the stadium deal is announced even then i do not expect a big increae in payroll and i certainly wouldnt expect a 3 year 10+ million a year contract to a 36 year old catcher will not happen EVER