Official '07-'08 NBA Discussion

Passion

I may be alone, but if you're a Heat fan, you have to feel real good about the last two games. Strong showing against a strong Pistons team that just wiped the floor with the already crowned Magic. ;)

And, Daequan showed more in this game than Wright has in his career. I'm not happy to be 0-2, but you feel as if we'd be 2-0 with Wade.

Oh well.

I don't know if we'd be 2-0, but I mostly agree with you. That was a ridiculously fast start for Daequan, a player who I don't most of us (or anyone else) expected much of this year. I don't think you can score 17 points in your first NBA game (at any age) and not be a baller. So, that's cool. Dorell at least looks like he belongs in the NBA. I think we can safely say at this point that he's gonna be a role player, but whatever. If he can shoot 40-45% he can be a good guy to have around.

I, like Mr. Lowell, am a little concerned about Shaq. Only a little, though. If we hadn't hurt all about what great shape he was in, I would think nothing of it. But he's SUPPOSED to be in great shape, which I would think means he's SUPPOSED to be playing at a pretty high level...but so far, he hasn't give us much. I think he'll pick it up, though.

I may be alone, but if you're a Heat fan, you have to feel real good about the last two games. Strong showing against a strong Pistons team that just wiped the floor with the already crowned Magic. ;)

And, Daequan showed more in this game than Wright has in his career. I'm not happy to be 0-2, but you feel as if we'd be 2-0 with Wade.

Oh well.

Yeah, gotta be so happy with 0-2. Nice shot at the Magic. What a stupid comparison. Hey, the Magic felt pretty good last year when they beat the Bulls after they (cant think of a fitting word to describe what the Bulls did to the Heat to begin last season) demolished the Heat. Im not sure if you watched either game, I am however sure you will claim you were in the locker room of both games. I was at the Heat game and watched the Magic tonight. The Pistons came out last night and looked terrible and missed wide open shots all night and tonight they happened to make all those shots they couldnt hit last night. If you didnt watch the Heat last night, while they only lost by 11, they looked absolutely terrible and lost to a team that did not play well at all. Tonight the Magic played poorly and Detroit did the simple things they didnt do against Miami. Of course, theres also the little fact that the Magic werent crowned by anybody, a handful of people have said the Magic would be improved which kicked your inferiority complex into gear so you had to claim the Heat with Dorrell Wright starting and piece of crap after piece of crap coming off the bench was still the best team ever. The Heat will be a good team when Wade comes back and the Magic are a good team. You however, have most likely have had human sh*t rubbed in your eyes by Magic fans in the past or something.

Jeez, just thinking you called that first game a strong showing is stunning and makes it obvious you didnt watch but you saw a final score. They looked anything but strong in that game. Now find something I didnt say to argue with me about.

So, you're upset?

I think that all TSwift meant is that the Heat played two winnable games while missing not only their best player, but one of the best players on the planet. I love how people just dismiss that....but Wade is so vital to everything this team does. Not just scoring, but attacking the basket, getting to the line, getting the other teams' best defenders in foul trouble, opening things up for Shaq and everyone else on the floor, and he gives them a guy that has shown the ability to close out a game. I'm not saying this team is a great team or even a championship contender, but when Wade is on the court for them, many of their present shortcomings are greatly reduced.

Oh well.

Yeah, gotta be so happy with 0-2. Nice shot at the Magic. What a stupid comparison. Hey, the Magic felt pretty good last year when they beat the Bulls after they (cant think of a fitting word to describe what the Bulls did to the Heat to begin last season) demolished the Heat. Im not sure if you watched either game, I am however sure you will claim you were in the locker room of both games. I was at the Heat game and watched the Magic tonight. The Pistons came out last night and looked terrible and missed wide open shots all night and tonight they happened to make all those shots they couldnt hit last night. If you didnt watch the Heat last night, while they only lost by 11, they looked absolutely terrible and lost to a team that did not play well at all. Tonight the Magic played poorly and Detroit did the simple things they didnt do against Miami. Of course, theres also the little fact that the Magic werent crowned by anybody, a handful of people have said the Magic would be improved which kicked your inferiority complex into gear so you had to claim the Heat with Dorrell Wright starting and piece of crap after piece of crap coming off the bench was still the best team ever. The Heat will be a good team when Wade comes back and the Magic are a good team. You however, have most likely have had human sh*t rubbed in your eyes by Magic fans in the past or something.

Jeez, just thinking you called that first game a strong showing is stunning and makes it obvious you didnt watch but you saw a final score. They looked anything but strong in that game. Now find something I didnt say to argue with me about.

That describes it perfectly. How dare the Magic consider they might have a shot at the division lead. How dare they not bow to the almighty Miami Heat.

Oh well.

That describes it perfectly. How dare the Magic consider they might have a shot at the division lead. How dare they not bow to the almighty Miami Heat.

:lol I think it is the Magic fans having some sort of complex here. I don't think the Heat fans even think/care enough about the Magic to hate the fans. It's obviously the other way around. Swift just made a quick comment in jest about all the hype this off season.

Oh well.

:lol I think it is the Magic fans having some sort of complex here. I don't think the Heat fans even think/care enough about the Magic to hate the fans. It's obviously the other way around. Swift just made a quick comment in jest about all the hype this off season.

You are right. As a Heat fan, I'm far more concerned about about Wade getting healthy and the Heat playing better than I am about the Magic right now. I'll worry about them later in the season. Afterall, didn't they get off to a huge lead in the division last year after 15 games or so?

Nobody says the Heat arent going to be good with Wade back, you folks have just been insanely sensitive to talk of any other team.

If by me thinking that the Magic fans are overrating their team, like you guys think Heat fans are overrating theirs, then sure, call me 'insanely sensitive'.

I'm just one of those on the board who thinks the Magic will be/are really good this year.

Dammit, I'm agreeing with you alot lately

TSwift hates both of you. THE MAGIC DONT HAVE SMUSH PARKERS AND ANFERNEE HARDAWAYS!

They don't have 'the most dominant player in the game*' either.

*Shaquille O'Neal and his 9 points and 5-6 fouls a game so far this year.

Well, he doesnt need to be dominating on the box score, its what he does that doesnt show up on the box score.

I'm just one of those on the board who thinks the Magic will be/are really good this year.

TSwift hates both of you. THE MAGIC DONT HAVE SMUSH PARKERS AND ANFERNEE HARDAWAYS!

This is dumb. You are doing the same crap that all of the stupid Heat fans were doing over the offseason when they got those 2 players. Nobody has ever said Smush and Penny are the reason they might be good. To imply that anyone has is dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

This is dumb. You are doing the same crap that all of the stupid Heat fans were doing over the offseason when they got those 2 players. Nobody has ever said Smush and Penny are the reason they might be good. To imply that anyone has is dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

It was half sarcasm and half my way of implying that the HEAT LACK DEPTH.

In terms of bench players, Smush isn't an awful backup PG, and Penny's like what the 4th option off the bench? So, it was 100% sarcasm, or it was dumb.

In terms of bench players, Smush isn't an awful backup PG, and Penny's like what the 4th option off the bench? So, it was 100% sarcasm, or it was dumb.

Or I chose two players from their bench, if I went on naming their bench players it wont get much prettier other than Zo. Id also be lying if I said there werent Heat fans around me yelling for Penny to get in the game and while in the game for him to be given the damn ball during the opener.

Or I chose two players from their bench, if I went on naming their bench players it wont get much prettier other than Zo. Id also be lying if I said there werent Heat fans around me yelling for Penny to get in the game and while in the game for him to be given the damn ball during the opener.

So, 100% sarcasm?

So, 100% sarcasm?

50%, the Heat lack depth. Imagine the laugh you would have if the Knicks signed Anfernee Hardaway in the offseason and then hyped his play in pickup games.

50%, the Heat lack depth. Imagine the laugh you would have if the Knicks signed Anfernee Hardaway in the offseason and then hyped his play in pickup games.

I would have no laugh, because I don't really care about the Knicks anymore. Yeah, I hate them, yeah I love when we beat them, but they've got like shoot first point guards on their roster, I'm really not too upset.

I don't think the Heat have any less depth than the Magic, really. I'd actually take their backups over the Magic's at SF, C, and I'd say it'll be close to a wash at the guard positions, and if Cook is as good as he has looked so far, I might give them the edge there.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that it is 100% sarcasm, since you cited their 3rd and 5th options off the bench as the reason they have no depth. They don't have great depth, but they don't have the worst bench in the league. I'm sure Heat fans are really annoying to you on this board, but it's no reason to be dumb in response to their dumbity.

I'm sure Heat fans are really annoying to you on this board.

TSwift and TheFan

but it's no reason to be dumb in response to their dumbity.I don't even know what I have said that can even be remotely construed as dumb. All I did was say I am not as impressed with the Magic's lineup as their fans are. I haven't made any outrageous claims regarding the Heat. Beef, you need to grow some thicker skin if what I said bothered you.