Jimmy Rollins = NL MVP

BeefWillingham

This is getting out of hand...

Holliday and Fielder edged out by a guy who isn't even the best player at his position in his own division.

I would argue Rollins is the best "player" at SS in the NL East

Alright, I could understand that with defense involved. But Hanley's still a lot younger than Jimmy and already better at the plate.

Holliday:

G   AB	R	H   2B 3B  HR  RBI  SB CS  BB  SO   BA   OBP   SLG *OPS+  TB158  636  120  216  50  6  36  137  11  4  63 126  .340  .405  .607  150  386

Team won NL Pennant.

Rollins:

G   AB	R	H   2B 3B  HR  RBI  SB CS  BB  SO   BA   OBP   SLG *OPS+  TB162  716  139  212  38 20  30   94  41  6  49  85  .296  .344  .531  118  380

Team lost in NLDS (to Holliday's Rockies)

I. Don't. Get. It.

I could be wrong but it has always been my understanding that votes are tabulated before the postseaon. It is unfair to factor in playoff performance of the team in that case.

I have no problem with Utley getting the award. Holliday's numbers might have been better in the end but I think the Phillies overcame greater obstacles by dethroning the Mets. Say what you want about the Mets bringing themselves down, but you can't ignore the fact that the Phillies beat the Mets when they needed to.

The voting is done before the postseason begins so the postseason has nothing to do with it.

I think Utley would have won it had he not missed a month down the stretch.

What kind of magical power did Rollins have over the awards voters this year?

He should have been 3rd in the MVP (Holliday did get robbed)

He should have been 2nd in the Silver Slugger (Hanley got Dissed)

He should have been 3rd or 4th in the the Gold Glove (Vizquel is by far the best defensive SS at the age of 92)

I am surprised they didn't give him the "Cy Young" as well

What about the ridiculous win streak Colorado had to go on just to get into the postseason? Not undersellnig the Phillies achievement but don't use that excuse as a valid reason why JR won over MH.

What does it matter?

There's no difference When you win, or how you do it. As long as the W column at the end of the season adds up to NL East champs, WC, and so on.. That's all that matters.