Torii Hunter, Angels agreed to a 5-year deal

Bret Hart

Yeah now I'm confused

Matthews becomes a 10m 4th of?

I assume they'll DH Anderson and stick Matthews Jr. in Left Field

Yeah I wasn't really serious about Matthews being a 4th OFer, just mocking the two signings, but even then, Matthews bat makes a poor corner OFer.

Oh and it's said to be worth atleast 80m...so he's making atleast 16m a year...

I didnt think the Angels would go after both Cabs and Hunter. I didnt know their payroll could withstand that.

I'll be suprised if they sign Cabs. I still see the Dodger deal getting done.

I dunno, I just wouldn't be surprised if GMjr's contract gets voided or something if he gets in (more) trouble with the steroids... I don't think this new (retarded) contract hurts Arte Moreno too much. And it's not like Hunter is a big enough bat to protect Vlad.

Either way, I hope Cabs goes to the Dodgers

I don't think Vlad was ever considered a good defensive outfielder... he just happened to have a great arm

anyway, I don't see how this changes anything with Cabrera

Doesnt this take the Angels out of the Miguel Sweepstakes?

Why would it, actually it gives the Angels the opportunity to sweeten the pot even more. Willets is available now along with Kendricks make for a more viable trade

I didnt think the Angels would go after both Cabs and Hunter. I didnt know their payroll could withstand that.

Artie Moreno's pockets are just as deep as Steinbrener's and he wants to win just as badly. The Angels are not gonna give up on Cabs just because they added Hunter to thr payroll. I am more afraid that they are more interested in Miguel Tejada right now

Guest iFesta Touch

Artie Moreno's pockets are just as deep as Steinbrener's and he wants to win just as badly. The Angels are not gonna give up on Cabs just because they added Hunter to thr payroll. I am more afraid that they are more interested in Miguel Tejada right now

No they aren't.