Sign in to follow this  
Hotcorner

Marlins sign Pudge Rodriguez!

"When an opportunity of this magnitude presented itself, I felt this was the perfect time to provide a major boost to the Florida Marlins," Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement. "Adding a future Hall of Famer to our current team completes what we believe is a very successful offseason. I'm excited for our community and our team as we are just weeks away from the start of Spring Training and a very special 10th anniversary season."

Sorry about all the posts in a row, I just cant remember anything this good for the Marlins since 97.

The Marlins have signed former All-Star and Gold Glove catcher Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez to a one-year contract, general manager Admin Beinfest announced on Wednesday.

"When an opportunity of this magnitude presented itself, I felt this was the perfect time to provide a major boost to the Florida Marlins," Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said in a statement. "Adding a future Hall of Famer to our current team completes what we believe is a very successful offseason. I'm excited for our community and our team as we are just weeks away from the start of Spring Training and a very special 10th anniversary season."

Edit: Oops... btw.. SWEET! :lol

mlb.com gave the Fish the top story on their page, on espn.com it is a little blurb..Damn ESPN, they have no respect for Florida, if some other team signed him, it would have been their top story, instead they are featuring the Cardinals year in review

Give them time.

They still have to take off the little Ranger's cap and put on a fish one :D !

Just heard a caller to the local radio show say that Pudge's son (who presumably lives in south Florida) was begging Pudge to play down here so he could spend more time with him.

Give them time.

They still have to take off the little Ranger's cap and put on a fish one :D !

This is a glorious day to be a Marlins fan. It's so much sweeter because of what we have put up with...

Wow I'm SHOCK and at least Front Office is showing that they want to compete.Who would have thought Loria would had thrown 10 mil offer for Pudge......

any one listening to WQAM?
Can't believe some people are still negative about te Marlins...

WoW! what a a big signing this gives the fish the power they needed. hope pudge does good but the bad thing is he signed for the money, because he made the fish do the agreement of not offering abritation but he he also put in a no trade clause so maybe he may consider coming back depending on how the season goes.

BTW: this is a huge signing in the PR department.