Mitchell Report

Ramp

Maybe I am naive, but I am not really sure why they need to name names? Isn't enough to mention that ex number of guys were All-Stars, MVPs, Cy Young winners, led the league in HR's, etc.

There obviously was a big problem but this sounds like a witch hunt. Is it really going to make us feel better if they give the names of players? Maybe they should include the names of the owners/managers/trainers and other people in management (COMMISSIONER's office) who knew it was going on and did absolutely nothing about it because they were making $$$. Don't unfairly nail this entire problem on the players.....

JMHO

Maybe I am naive, but I am not really sure why they need to name names? Isn't enough to mention that ex number of guys were All-Stars, MVPs, Cy Young winners, led the league in HR's, etc.

There obviously was a big problem but this sounds like a witch hunt. Is it really going to make us feel better if they give the names of players? Maybe they should include the names of the owners/managers/trainers and other people in management (COMMISSIONER's office) who knew it was going on and did absolutely nothing about it because they were making $$$. Don't unfairly nail this entire problem on the players.....

JMHO

The report isn't just about the players.

JMHO

I am glad to hear that but I still wonder why we have to name names... watch the news tonight and my guess is that their first focus will be on who was using them versus who knew it was going on.

JMHO

I am glad to hear that but I still wonder why we have to name names... watch the news tonight and my guess is that their first focus will be on who was using them versus who knew it was going on.

That is correct, this is not all that interesting to me, but the media will be all over it for the sensationalism.

JMHO

Why shouldn't they be?

As a fan of the sport, I'm going to be sick to my stomach probably by a lot of the names on the list. I still want those that have taken an invincible attitude when it comes to their use of PED and HGH to be exposed. Exposing those that have gotten away with it in the past could do just as much to curtail use by other players using currently by fear of being exposed as well as enhanced drug testing could do.

JMHO

That is correct, this is not all that interesting to me, but the media will be all over it for the sensationalism.

You seem to be interested whether you're admitting it or not.

JMHO

You seem to be interested whether you're admitting it or not.

I think you're kind of right, unless Derek Jeter isnt on the list.

Im thinking anybody who says they will be sick to their stomach just wanted to know nothing.

I wish there weren't rapists and murders in the world too. Doesn't mean turning a blind eye to it will make them not exist.

Fair point, I was reading it that youd be sick to your stomach with surprise that this was going on and certain guys were using/ordering/whatever it wants to say.

JMHO

Why shouldn't they be?

As a fan of the sport, I'm going to be sick to my stomach probably by a lot of the names on the list. I still want those that have taken an invincible attitude when it comes to their use of PED and HGH to be exposed. Exposing those that have gotten away with it in the past could do just as much to curtail use by other players using currently by fear of being exposed as well as enhanced drug testing could do.

Good point and no one wants to see it cleaned up more than me but if they name 60-80, did they name everyone involved? What about the guys they missed? I have a hunch that there were alot more than 80 guys using.

Im thinking anybody who says they will be sick to their stomach just wanted to know nothing.

I wish there weren't rapists and murders in the world too. Doesn't mean turning a blind eye to it will make them not exist.

Fair point, I was reading it that youd be sick to your stomach with surprise that this was going on and certain guys were using/ordering/whatever it wants to say.

Depends on who it is.

I just hate that I would have spent time rooting for guys who I thought were historically great on their own that actually were cheating.

This will sound hokey but I really don't care but knowing a guy like Roger Clemens, who I used to worship as a kid, used PEDs or the like really does suck to me.

JMHO

Why shouldn't they be?

Good point and no one wants to see it cleaned up more than me but if they name 60-80, did they name everyone involved? What about the guys they missed? I have a hunch that there were alot more than 80 guys using.

You can't get 100% cooperation, you aren't going to have a fool proof net that can scoop up every single fish in the sea in this amount of time.

Just because you don't get them all doesn't mean you don't get the ones you can.

JMHO

Why shouldn't they be?

You can't get 100% cooperation, you aren't going to have a fool proof net that can scoop up every single fish in the sea in this amount of time.

Just because you don't get them all doesn't mean you don't get the ones you can.

The thing that sucks about that though, is that the media and those that take all ESPNs crap as gospel, will want those named to be hanged and will probably continue to sing the praises of others who wouldnt be deserving but were simply not names in a report that cant name everyone.

Also.

According to one industry official, "several" prominent Yankees will be named by Mitchell in his 2 p.m. news conference in Manhattan. The official, who spoke to a third party who'd seen the final report, predicted, "It's going to be a rough day in the Bronx" after the identities are made public. No Mets from the current 40-man roster are named, according to the same source.