I popped the question!

savafan

I proposed to my girlfriend last night.

I went to pick up the ring after work, and set everything up when I got home.

I posted a note on the door that told her that I love her, and that I kiss the ground that she walks on. Inside the apartment, I made a trail of Hershey's Kisses illuminated with candles, which stretched to the bedroom where I put two dozen roses on her pillow and two glasses of champagne by the bed, also illuminated with candles.

I watched out the window until I saw her car pull up in front of the apartment, then I hid myself out on the balcony where I could watch her reaction as she entered the apartment. She smiled as she followed the candy/candle trail to the bedroom, and then started searching for me. When she realized that I wasn't in the apartment, she came out onto the balcony with me and gave me a kiss, thanking me for the roses. I told her to wait until I came in, and we'd celebrate the end of a long week with the champagne when I got inside.

I came in to the bedroom where she was sitting on the bed, smelling the roses, and I stood in front of her. I told her that she is the most amazing woman I know, my best friend, and that I want to spend the rest of my life with her and have a family with her someday. Then I pulled the ring box out of my pocket, got down on one knee as I opened it and asked her to marry me.

She cried as she said yes, and then asked me to put the ring on her finger.

For the first time in a long time, I'm very happy with my life, and I can't wait to spend the rest of it with her.

I loved the getting down on one knee thing.

Although I knew my husband and I were going to get married (I picked out my ring because he admitted he has crappy taste), he still surprised me on Thanksgiving Day 24 years ago. He and I knew each other for 6 years before we got married and he still got down on one knee.

Nothing beats chivalry. A gentleman is a gentleman forever.

Mazel Tov on your impending wedding!

Congrats, Savafan!! As someone who's currently in the process of planning a wedding (6 more months to go), I can tell you that it can be a little frustrating at times, butit can also be one of the more enjoyable experiences of your life. Enjoy the engagement time and try to decide on the small things first such as Best man, grooms man, things of that nature.

Oh and definately go to theknot.com as it has been a tremendous help for me and my fiancee in planning our wedding. Congrats again! :thumbup