Randy Shannon Lands Top Recruit.

MikeLowell

I'd be curious to know if anyone who made disparaging remarks about this players handling of his recruitment was ever involved in their own D-1 recruiting process.

I'm thinking the answer to that is a big fat no.

Im sure it is no, but I'll bet for the ones who actually even had a choice to go to college didnt have the easiest time making that choice, it just so happens they arent as important apparently.

Also, why is nobody impressed that it took me one post to correctly assume that HanleyDavidson would not be attending college?

Guest marlins02

I'd be curious to know if anyone who made disparaging remarks about this players handling of his recruitment was ever involved in their own D-1 recruiting process.

like i said i dont got a problem with his decision.

only problem i got is the fact that he supposedly kept changing his decision and then comes out and actually said he was just messing around and that he was always committed to Miami. Honestly I dont blame Shannon for backing off.

Guest marlins02

Im sure it is no, but I'll bet for the ones who actually even had a choice to go to college didnt have the easiest time making that choice, it just so happens they arent as important apparently.

Also, why is nobody impressed that it took me one post to correctly assume that HanleyDavidson would not be attending college?

because everybody already knew

like i said i dont got a problem with his decision.

only problem i got is the fact that he supposedly kept changing his decision and then comes out and actually said he was just messing around and that he was always committed to Miami. Honestly I dont blame Shannon for backing off.

I totally get what you are coming from and I personally don't know if I think he handled this well or not but with all these scouting services now and these interviews after every single official and unofficial visit, you are going to get knee jerk statements and comments because they are in the heat of the moment. The only true decision is once the player signs that LOI.

w.e the bitch is weak anyways 185 max out pfft I dont even play organized football and bench more than that sissy.

What him being weak have to do with Miami still not being as good as LSU? You bench more than him, but are you going to college like him?

Nah Ive almost got my spot in Miami Dade Police id rather start at a young age and retire in my 40's with a bunchload of money plus why would I wanna waste 4 years of my life? Id rather just Serve and Protect and be a real hero.

Who would want to "waste 4 years" to get an education? It'd be much better to be a stupid f*ck forever! Side note: you will not retire in your 40's with a bunchload of money if you have been a police officer. You will not retire ever from being a police officer with a bunchload of money. Such a result would require wise investments, which are not too likely from someone who thinks an education is a waste of time.

Nothing more immature than to call out a HS recruit for his choice in college. So stupid. But it is pretty well known down here in South Florida why PJ is going to LSU:

How do you have anything to back this up?

He doesn't.

Pretty irresponsible to ever insinuate something like that even if it is as said on somewhere as meaningless as a message board.

I know and I agree.

To rot in the Bayou?

How many national championship games is UM playing in this year? LSU is arguably THE premier college football program.

And yeah, these recruits are going to UM because of the education they'll get.

Louisiana is a mess, and it'll be atleast 3 good years til it's rebuilt. Katrina did too much damage to the area from what people who live in the area have said to me.

I don't blame him for backing off his claim to UM, the program is in the dumps and he has lived in South Florida the entire life. I blame him for making the statment that it was UM or bust, and I blame him for picking LSU when USC or any other better prepared area would have loved to have him. He could have went anywhere, but he picked a area devastated by natural disaster, and could further be set back by any other hurricane.

Chris

Guest marlins02

To rot in the Bayou?

How many national championship games is UM playing in this year? LSU is arguably THE premier college football program.

Louisiana is a mess, and it'll be atleast 3 good years til it's rebuilt. Katrina did too much damage to the area from what people who live in the area have said to me.

I don't blame him for backing off his claim to UM, the program is in the dumps and he has lived in South Florida the entire life. I blame him for making the statment that it was UM or bust, and I blame him for picking LSU when USC or any other better prepared area would have loved to have him. He could have went anywhere, but he picked a area devastated by natural disaster, and could further be set back by any other hurricane.

Chris

thats retarded, how do you blame him for that? he made his choice

To rot in the Bayou?

Chris

Mr. Piazza, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

To rot in the Bayou?

Chris

Greatest post ever.

To rot in the Bayou?

Chris

Mr. Piazza, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Awesome use of one of the greatest quotes on earth. :notworthy

Billy Madison FTMFW

Is he implying LSU is paying him to go there?

Or that he would make more money in the draft coming out of LSU?

Probably the first but if he is making the second point it makes zero sense.

I am responding to the first. If there is one subject I am absolutely 100% qualified to talk about on this board, it is Broward County High School football. My qualifications go above and beyond anyone on this board, especially some goofball guy who made the mistake of falling into the trap of marriage way too young while having no friends and having to live in the boondocks while spending all of his free time on marlinsbaseball.com and some random kid at FIU.

You two tell me, who have you ever coached here in South Florida? GTF out of here. I pity the older kid especially.

This is the last I comment on this matter, because I don't want to further get myself involved, but don't speak out against a guy like me who has connections to the horses mouth when you are 4 states away and completely ignorant on the matter minus scout.com and google.

Idiots. Neither of you are qualified to speak on this subject like I am, so to your response I say only: STFU.

Don't call me out when you are void of any type of source. How the hell would you two know anything about Ely football!?!? If there is one subject I am absolutely 100% qualified to talk about on this board, it is Broward County High School football. My qualifications go above and beyond anyone on this board, especially some goofball guy who made the mistake of falling into the trap of marriage way too young while having no friends and having to live in the boondocks while spending all of his free time on marlinsbaseball.com and some random kid at FIU.

Who have you two successes of marlinsbaseball.com ever coached here in South Florida football? GTF out of here. I really do pity the older guy of you two especially.

This is the last I comment on this matter I make , because I don't want to further get myself involved, but don't speak out against a guy like me (and call out my credentials and credibility) who has connections to the horses mouth when you are 4 states away and completely ignorant of the matter minus scout.com and google.

Idiots. Neither of you are qualified to speak on this subject like I am, so to your response I say only: STFU.

/end thread

I am responding to the first. If there is one subject I am absolutely 100% qualified to talk about on this board, it is Broward County High School football. My qualifications go above and beyond anyone on this board, especially some goofball guy who made the mistake of falling into the trap of marriage way too young while having no friends and having to live in the boondocks while spending all of his free time on marlinsbaseball.com and some random kid at FIU.

You two tell me, who have you ever coached here in South Florida? GTF out of here. I pity the older kid especially.

This is the last I comment on this matter, because I don't want to further get myself involved, but don't speak out against a guy like me who has connections to the horses mouth when you are 4 states away and completely ignorant on the matter minus scout.com and google.

You never answered whether or not you thought LSU was paying him or whether he'd make more money. That is a very dangerous accusation to make, and you'd better be willing and able to back it up.

Don't call me out when you are void of any type of source. How the hell would you two know anything about Ely football!?!? If there is one subject I am absolutely 100% qualified to talk about on this board, it is Broward County High School football. My qualifications go above and beyond anyone on this board, especially some goofball guy who made the mistake of falling into the trap of marriage way too young while having no friends and having to live in the boondocks while spending all of his free time on marlinsbaseball.com and some random kid at FIU.

Who have you two successes of marlinsbaseball.com ever coached here in South Florida football? GTF out of here. I really do pity the older guy of you two especially.

This is the last I comment on this matter I make , because I don't want to further get myself involved, but don't speak out against a guy like me (and call out my credentials and credibility) who has connections to the horses mouth when you are 4 states away and completely ignorant of the matter minus scout.com and google.

/end thread

And man, you are really hung up on me going to FIU, huh? That's the 2nd disparaging comment you've made towards my school. Did President Madique violate you? Why so much hostility?

I hate to be a dick, but you are a gigantic dick anyways, so I'll bite:

I like that you are criticizing me and Fox for being nobodies (which I think is the gist of your point) when you're biggest area of expertise in the world is Broward County High School Football. God, I hope I can be like you. I hope I make it out of the slum, wasteland that is FIU and become a high school football assistant coach.

Nobody is calling out your credibility, whatever that might be. We are asking for some kind of proof to back up your allegations of bribery.

(And by the way, you never responded to my post in the faith thread. Remember the one where you personally attacked me for no reason?)

I seriously f***ing lol'd.

Wow, an expert in Broward County High School Football. I can't think of anything less important to be an expert on except pretty much nothing else in the world.

You must leave a pitiful life if this got you that riled. I guess when some faceless nobody on a message board knows about a huge scandal involving the paying of a player that the NCAA must be knocking on LSU's door any second. :rolleyes:

PJ most definitely was paid. But whatever, it's not like it doesn't happen at UM, FSU, and UF.

:confused

Source?

As much as it makes me laugh, saying you are an expert in Broward County high school football, that I got tricked in to marrying young and live in the boondocks, and bobbob goes to sh*tty FIU and is a know it all does not quench my thirst for knowledge.

Guest Night Phantom

So the NCAA is just letting it slip through the cracks for the hell of it?

There also is the possibility that they don't have the necessary evidence to put them away.

Hell, Doc Holliday's gotten off all this time.....

So the NCAA is just letting it slip through the cracks for the hell of it?

[/quote/]

Pretty much. You're probably one of those people that believes that Brian Pata's 29 year old cousin really bought him all 4 of his cars and Pata had $1,000 cash on him at the time of his death for no reason whatsoever. And Deion Sanders probably got his $30,000 worth of gold jewelry from a local pawn store in Tallahassee. Please bro.

Honestly, everyone gets paid at every major football program in one way or another.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.