Best All Around Players at their postion.

FlPhillie

1B. Pujols

2B. Chase Utley

3B. A-Rod

SS. Jimmy Rollins but soon to be Hanley Ramirez

LF Manny Ramirez (shaky defense but the hitting more than makes up for it)

RF ?

CF Andruw Jones

C Joe Mauer

That is pretty close to what I'd say, Though I think Andruw is falling off the top of the mount at CF..

RF is really a tough one as well. There are a lot of = players, but no real standouts IMHO.

1B. Pujols

2B. Chase Utley

3B. A-Rod

RF ?

CF Andruw Jones

C Joe Mauer

That is pretty close to what I'd say, Though I think Andruw is falling off the top of the mount at CF..

RF is really a tough one as well. There are a lot of = players, but no real standouts IMHO.

I ended up saying Magglio just to throw out a name

i know u said "just to throw a name out there" and all, so im not lashing at you...but i would take vladdy's career over maglios "ONE magicial season" anyday. IMO

C- Mauer

1b-Pujols

2b-Utley

Ss- Hanley (cant pick anyone over a guy whos 1homer shy of history--3rd player with 30hr50sb in a year)

3b-A-Rod

Lf-Soriano

Cf- Hunter (Griffey if he gets back to old form)

Rf- Vladdy

1B. Pujols

2B. Chase Utley

3B. A-Rod

RF ?

CF Andruw Jones

C Joe Mauer

I ended up saying Magglio just to throw out a name

I would say Abreu if he didn't have that power drop.

There are some really dumb names being thrown about.

Care to throw some out yourself then?

C: Is probably not Pudge anymore. A case could be made for either V-Mart or Mauer, though neither is a stellar defender.

1B: Gotta be Pujols, though Lee isn't far behind.

2B: Probably gotta go with Utley. His defense isn't great, but he's so much better than anyone with the bat that there's no other choice.

SS: Definitely not Rollins. Overrated both offensively and defensively. Possibly Hanley (Much better with the bat than Rollins, almost a wash with the glove), but I'll give it to Tulo for the glove.

3B: Arod (Miguel is not far behind)

LF: No real standout defenders (If they were better defenders, they'd be in RF or CF) so you are left choosing between a multitude of stud bats with no glove (Bonds, Manny, Holliday, and to a lesser extent Dunn and Soriano)

CF: Gotta be Andruw, despite the one bad season, he's still the best out there. Anyone saying Torii Hunter or Grady Sizemore is a fool. (Hunter's got a good glove, but he's an overrated hitter, Sizemore's a stud at the plate, but he's not much of a fielder)

RF: Vlad or Magglio. Neither's got much of a glove, but there's not really anyone else. (If Hermida get's his head on in the field, this will be him in 2 years.)

C= Mauer (Smart player, defensively and offensively)

1b-Lee (A+++Defender, and he can hit too)

2b- Utley (although I prefer CANO)

SS- Tie with Jose Reyes and Derek Jeter (although the best SS in baseball plays *look down*)

3b- Arod, Best hitter in the game, and he isn't too bad at the hot corner.

LF- Manny Ramirez

CF-Ichiro (5 tool type of guy)

RF-Vlad (no brainer

DH- Ortiz

SP-Peavy or Bedard

RP-Zumaya (100mph fastball)

CL- Rivera (Still)

There are some really dumb names being thrown about.

Care to throw some out yourself then?

C: Is probably not Pudge anymore. A case could be made for either V-Mart or Mauer, though neither is a stellar defender.

1B: Gotta be Pujols, though Lee isn't far behind.

2B: Probably gotta go with Utley. His defense isn't great, but he's so much better than anyone with the bat that there's no other choice.

SS: Definitely not Rollins. Overrated both offensively and defensively. Possibly Hanley (Much better with the bat than Rollins, almost a wash with the glove), but I'll give it to Tulo for the glove.

3B: Arod (Miguel is not far behind)

LF: No real standout defenders (If they were better defenders, they'd be in RF or CF) so you are left choosing between a multitude of stud bats with no glove (Bonds, Manny, Holliday, and to a lesser extent Dunn and Soriano)

CF: Gotta be Andruw, despite the one bad season, he's still the best out there. Anyone saying Torii Hunter or Grady Sizemore is a fool. (Hunter's got a good glove, but he's an overrated hitter, Sizemore's a stud at the plate, but he's not much of a fielder)

RF: Vlad or Magglio. Neither's got much of a glove, but there's not really anyone else. (If Hermida get's his head on in the field, this will be him in 2 years.)

you're Delusional.

J-Roll 11 errors.

Hanley 24 errors.

The Fielding Bible had Rollins at +7 runs last year (9th best in MLB) and Hanley at -37 runs (last in MLB), FWIW.

I'd still take Hanley even with that gap.

Although for this pointless discussion, I guess Rollins would be the better 'choice'

Give me Tulowitzki or even Jeter over Rollins. Not a fan of any guy who leads the league in outs in a "career year".

I didn't say I would take Rollins over Ramirez, but you can't say Rollins and Ramirez are a wash with the glove. Last year there was a huge difference, and in 2006 Rollins was still better.

And it's not hard to lead the league in outs when you lead the league in ab