NFL Playoffs Discussion

Orlando Rays

Yeah, lets gang up on TO because Jimmy Johnson says if he says he matured, then its all an act!

I couldn't care less about what Jimmy Johnson says. In fact, I had no idea he said anything.

Im using Jimmy Johnson here to mean the media as a whole. Everybody buys into the stupid sh*t the media tells them.

Meh, the media can blow me.

congrats to Eli

maybe the New Yorkers will get off his back for a few days

but atleast get another game in Lambeau!

It's really the media. I'd say the majority of real Giants fans like Eli Manning.

In fairness, as a Giants fan, I can tell you that Eli is a frustrating guy to root for. He is so inconsistant it isn't even funny. He is just as likely to throw a game away as he is to win one for you. He didn't play great but he didn't make any of his typical bonehead mistakes that tend to lose us games. He took a sack outside the tackles that killed a drive but made up for it by tucking the ball when Ware hit him practically unblocked instead of fumbling. He overthrew a couple of open receivers [that one to Boss would have been awesome] as he is prone to do under ANY pressure.

I honestly didn't think the Giants would win last night and had one of those fatalistic classic Bosox fan moments where I was preparing myself for a TD catch with 30 seconds left on the clock. It wasn't until McQuarters hauled in that interception in the endzone that I believed this was all really happening.

With all of that said, Phillips keeps his job. Romo stays in Dallas. I can see Garrett or Sparano moving on [maybe to Atlanta/Miami?] but that's about it. Romo played well and Phillips didn't make any obvious coaching blunders so this can't be pinned on them. The false start penalties were because Mark Columbo was playing on a bad ankle and had to get up to block Michael Strahan. The 15 yarders were something else. I don't know if it was frustration or poor tackling or what, but that's on the individual players.

Now - if only Coughlin could coach some class into Jacobs he could be somebody!

He ain't all that ? He's all right.

Reggie Nelson on Tom Brady

"It was a check down game," Nelson said, suggesting that most of Brady's completions were short and underneath the pass coverage. "Anybody can go 26-of-28 in a dump-down game."

Good QB's with good receivers should have a field day, %-wise, in a dump-down game. But it's sour grapes, sure.

Most of it was short completions, but you still have to be accurate. I mean there were some perfect passes Brady made. The first touchdown to Watson was perfect, Sammy Knight had good coverage. Late in the 4th he hit Stallworth on the fly for 50 yds, the resulting FG put them up two scores. Those plays aren't made by "anybody". But Nelson's a cocky rookie, I don't mind that from him.

He ain't all that ? He's all right.

92.9 %. EASILY could have been 96.4% if Welker hadn't dropped one that hit him in the hands. I watched Simms in that SB against the Broncos. I watched Brady in his win against the Jags. There is no question that Brady dominated that D like no other. Heck - Phil Simms was announcing that game and had nothing but good things to say about Brady's performance.

BTW - R. Nelson - 4 tackles - 0 PD. *shrug*

The_Godfather

I am so stoked to see the Cromartie vs Moss match-up next week. If there is any one player in the NFL who has a slight chance of containing Randy Moss, it is Antonio Cromartie.

bobbob1313

Antonio Cromartie will absolutely not contain Moss. No chance in hell.

Randy Moss = 1 Reception for 18 yards.

:thumbup I guess New England isn't hell.

/end shameless self tooting of my own horn.

The_Godfather

I am so stoked to see the Cromartie vs Moss match-up next week. If there is any one player in the NFL who has a slight chance of containing Randy Moss, it is Antonio Cromartie.

bobbob1313

Antonio Cromartie will absolutely not contain Moss. No chance in hell.

Randy Moss = 1 Reception for 18 yards.

:thumbup I guess New England isn't hell.

/end shameless self tooting of my own horn.

Cromatie is an elite db and probably will be the first shutdown corner we have seen in sometime.