Marlins Team Workouts

Mauer7

When do those start and is there a schedule for those with times and dates?

I imagine all of those are open to the public...

Pitchers and catchers report Sunday February 17.

Workouts start usually at 9:00 and go until around 12:00. Yes, they are open to the public and take place on the back fields of Roger Dean Stadium. There is a trolley that takes you to the Marlins practice fields and the Cardinals practice fields, with a stop at Roger Dean Stadium. The first weekend of Spring Training is usually a bit of a "pain" because Arti-Gras is taking place at the same time, which causes some logistic headaches.

Every year this question is asked, and every year this question is answered the same way!

Individual game tickets go on sale Saturday, Jan 26th. We always make that day. It's always a great time talking bsaeball with other real fans of the game. I suppose we should be recieving our vouchers for ST any day now. If anyone else paid for their season tickets in full and are supposed to recieve the voucerhs for ST games please let us know when you recieve them. We are on our 3rd sales rep in 3 years and seem to be slipping through the cracks on certain things. This time we were able to choose who we wanted by emailing him, his boss, and Tin Man. Actually, it was Tin Man that stepped up to the plate and appointed the guy for us.

BTW I don't remember ever seeing a trolley in that area. Is it something new or have I been blind to it?

Individual game tickets go on sale Saturday, Jan 26th. We always make that day. It's always a great time talking bsaeball with other real fans of the game. I suppose we should be recieving our vouchers for ST any day now. If anyone else paid for their season tickets in full and are supposed to recieve the voucerhs for ST games please let us know when you recieve them. We are on our 3rd sales rep in 3 years and seem to be slipping through the cracks on certain things. This time we were able to choose who we wanted by emailing him, his boss, and Tin Man. Actually, it was Tin Man that stepped up to the plate and appointed the guy for us.

BTW I don't remember ever seeing a trolley in that area. Is it something new or have I been blind to it?

I think age has gotten to you old man :p

They always have had the trolley going around to the two complexes (at least since 2003 when I first started going out there with my kids).

I'm getting the camera ready for another round of Spring Training pictures this season. LittleSoFlaFish, EvenLittlerSoFlaFish, and myself will be there on the weekend of the 16th like we are every year (Feb. 17 is my birthday!) splitting time between the Cardinals and Marlins facilities. Unfortunately, though, I still haven't broken the news of the "trade" to EvenLittlerSoFlaFish yet. I'm sure he'll be okay eventually. LittleSoFlaFish eventually accepted the trade of her favorite player (Josh Beckett). He'll find another favorite player soon. I think his "finalists" will be Josh Willingham (because Hammer's last name rhymes with EvenLittlerSoFlaFish's first name) and Robert Andino (ever since he got his Andino baseball card signed by Robert last year he always asks for him).

I'm trying to decide whether to do another Spring Training Road Trip this year -- hitting the places we didn't hit last year (Port St. Lucie, Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, Lakeland, Clearwater, Dunedin, Tampa, and Bradenton). I'm definitely, though, going back to Dodgertown. That was the BEST!

I think age has gotten to you old man :p

They always have had the trolley going around to the two complexes (at least since 2003 when I first started going out there with my kids).

I'm getting the camera ready for another round of Spring Training pictures this season. LittleSoFlaFish, EvenLittlerSoFlaFish, and myself will be there on the weekend of the 16th like we are every year (Feb. 17 is my birthday!) splitting time between the Cardinals and Marlins facilities. Unfortunately, though, I still haven't broken the news of the "trade" to EvenLittlerSoFlaFish yet. I'm sure he'll be okay eventually. LittleSoFlaFish eventually accepted the trade of her favorite player (Josh Beckett). He'll find another favorite player soon. I think his "finalists" will be Josh Willingham (because Hammer's last name rhymes with EvenLittlerSoFlaFish's first name) and Robert Andino (ever since he got his Andino baseball card signed by Robert last year he always asks for him).

I'm trying to decide whether to do another Spring Training Road Trip this year -- hitting the places we didn't hit last year (Port St. Lucie, Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, Lakeland, Clearwater, Dunedin, Tampa, and Bradenton). I'm definitely, though, going back to Dodgertown. That was the BEST!

Trolley's are just for the work outs before ST games start? Never been to the work outs before, may have to check them out once or twice this year. Maybe we will see you there that week end. Either I had tunnel vision for those trolleys at other times or you are right, "old age" is getting to me. But I'll race ya up and down those steps at Joe Robbie to find out. But EvenLittler could probably whip us both. LOL

Marlins play at Dodgertown twice this year. One is Sunday the 16th. Tickets don't go on sale for them until Feb, but we will be there. I keep reading rumors the Orioles are moving to Dodgertown after the Dodgers leave, but it just won't be the same. Also making another trip to Ft Meyers even tho that game on the 8th is already sold out. Didn't have any trouble finding scalpers last year. Considering a trip to Lakeland to watch the Tigers. Nice ball park there, and it would be kinda cool to say hey to a couple of the ex-Marlins. We also are considering a road trip to Mouse Ears Stadium this year. Be even better if the Tigers are playing there on a day we can make it. That will probably be the extent of our road trips for Spring. We are giving most of our Roger Dean vouchers to the Community Foundation when we get them. Most likely only going to the Home Opener and the BoSox game. But once the baseball juices start flowing, ya never know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.