Official Wrestling Discussion

geemoney

Also was wondering, has anybody ever read any of his books?

His book is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

But, seriously, it really is. It has no affiliation with the WWE so its as no holds barred as a book can be. He admits all his faults and why he felt right to be doing the things he did. Some may label his attempts to justify his wife cheating as completely arrogant, but you have to remember that it is his perspective. It is why he made those decisions and its up to us to judge him based on our own morals.

Its a very long book of like 550 pages or so, but its worth it. The WWE days are a lot more interesting then the Calgary Stampede (as to be expected), but it all comes together quite nicely.

nice...i really wanna get a copy.

btw, your first line gets 2 thumbs up, good one.

Also was wondering, has anybody ever read any of his books?

His book is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

But, seriously, it really is. It has no affiliation with the WWE so its as no holds barred as a book can be. He admits all his faults and why he felt right to be doing the things he did. Some may label his attempts to justify his wife cheating as completely arrogant, but you have to remember that it is his perspective. It is why he made those decisions and its up to us to judge him based on our own morals.

Its a very long book of like 550 pages or so, but its worth it. The WWE days are a lot more interesting then the Calgary Stampede (as to be expected), but it all comes together quite nicely.

Agreed. Only Foley's (and maybe Jericho's) come close.

I wouldnt know what to say or do if bret came to miami and i was some how able to get a picture or autograph.

Well... Survivor Series is in Miami this year and there's a Raw in June so... its possible he could be doing something in the WWE at either one of those events. I was thinking about going to the Raw, but HBK is taking some time off after Mania so I doubt he'd be around in June. It's not quite as worth it when you have some of the better people taking time off in the summer like they do. Post-Mania is also a time when some people take some time off for injuries, surgeries etc.

I'm interested in Survivor Series, but I have no idea how much the tickets would be. The Raw ones ranged from $20 to $70, but I'd imagine a WWE PPV event would be quite a bit higher.

when is survivor series again?

and i dont know about you guys...but i feel like going to youtube and watching a hitman match.

maybe the one vs the british bulldog...

I have his best of DVD and the Summerslam 92 match is on there. He also had a WWE Championship match with the Bulldog at In Your House 95 that I felt was just as good. Bret is bleeding like crazy in it and Davey wasn't ring rusty like he was at Summerslam.

The DVD is awesome too, it has a great documentary and some great matches. Perfect at Summerslam 91 for the IC title, Diesel at Survivor Series 95 for the WWE title (always a favorite Hitman match of mine) and lesser known matches from the late 80s with Ricky Steamboat and the Million Dollar Man.

There's no Iron Man Match (Bret said in an interview that, being over an hour, it was just too long for the DVD) and no Hart Foundation-Demolition from Summerslam 90. That was a 2/3 Falls match that was just awesome. Its a shame that both of those matches are missing, but the DVD is still worth owning.

Oh, and Survivor Series is in November.

Ric Flair didnt have a stroke. Flair is old, but at least he could do things in the ring. When he had his match with HBK at wrestlemania, he didnt resort to getting hit in his side. He could have a normal match that included him taking several superkicks. He was able to move around. From the looks of it Bret Hart cant do that. sh*t, he couldnt even take fake punches to his face or get knocked down. If he can and just didnt, then that is one thing. However, it does not look like he can.

I know Flair didn't have a stroke, I made my point clearly with making that distinction. You're not telling me anything I don't know, but you completely missed my point.

We're not talking about Bret Hart "wrestling", we're talking about a man who has issues, but we DON'T KNOW all the specific details and extent of his injuries. All we know so far is that he can't take a flat back bump and, like I said, neither could Flair for 15 years. It's something to work around and it has been before.

My next point was that I believe Bret knows what he's doing. Whether he chooses to have a match or not, I trust in his decision and I believe he, and the WWE, would be able find ways to get around his bigger areas of weakness. This is why I mentioned Ric Flair... a man who was able to do this for 15 years. Not the same weaknesses or, arguably, even as serious, but where there's a will... there's a way. If that means that he doesn't take punches to the face, but shots to the gut then so be it. How entertaining it is depends on how the feud continues to build. I'm sure by Wrestlemania, Vince would've had the upper hand so much that we'll be dying for Bret to kick the sh*t out of him. If it's a 10 minute one sided of Bret doing offensive moves then we'll get our payoff and thus... be entertained.

Lets not fool ourselves here. Bret Hart is only back because the WWE wants to try and get higher ratings and hopefully more money. Besides that there is no reason to have Bret Hart back.

Of course the WWE wants that, that's why they exist... and Bret is back because he's based out of Calgary for the next two years while his 27 year old girlfriend is at school. They've wanted him back for years, but he's always turned them down. Now the timing is right and hopefully it works out for both sides because, if it does, there's a chance Bret will be back in other future storylines.

I'd f***ing kill to see Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels in the same ring in Montreal. I'd love to see Bret come down to the ring in Canada, New York, Chicago, Philly... anywhere where crowds are still alive unlike most of the crappy arenas they visit these days. So... in conclusion, I hope it all works out one way or another.

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart was awesome in 1997, but if they got in the ring now it would be a disgrace. It would probably be worse than the Nash vs Foley match on TNA last week.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how mobile he really is before we can determine anything. I know that people are all hyped up about Bret Hart, but by the early looks of it he won't even be able to be in a match.

TONIGHT: The one match announced by guest host William Shatner last week, DX vs. The Miz & Big Show vs. CM Punk & Luke Gallows for the Unified Tag Team Titles, has been changed to an Elimination Tag Match. No word on why or who did so, but perhaps it was this week’s guest host, NASCAR’s Carl Edwards. In addition, the build-up to Elimination Chamber should continue this evening. And how will the Batista vs. John Cena feud play out after what happened last week when Raw went off the air?

- WWE Open.

- A video package showed Bret Hart and Vince McMahon’s confrontation from last week, as well as the aftermath. They did not, however, show the post-Raw happenings that they showed on Smackdown, between John Cena and Batista.

- Raw Open.

- Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler opened the show by plugging the Triple-Threat Elimination Match for the Unified Tag Team Championship. Also, Cole promised to show that exclusive footage of Batista’s attack on Cena last week.

- In a tremendously unique moment, Carl Edwards did donuts in his #99 Aflac car outside the arena. Then he drove it into the Cajun Dome. But wait a minute, Hornswoggle got out of the driver’s side of the car once it made its way into the arena. Kelly Kelly was in the ring doing the ring announcing here, introducing Carl Edwards. He was accompanied to the ring by the Bella Twins. Edwards played to the fans, standing on the second rope, and he even did his patented backflip back into the ring from the top rope. Edwards mentioned the Saints being Super Bowl Champions, which got a big rise out of the crowd. He also plugged the Wrestlemania of Nascar, which is this coming Sunday. Not as much as a cheer for that one. Carl said that when Kyle Busch and Joey Logano guest hosted Raw, they showed how charismatic and eloquent NASCAR racers can be. That’s gotta be a rib. Edwards said he has a friend in WWE in John Cena. As soon as he began talking about him, Sheamus’ music hit and the Irishman walked to the ring with purpose.

Sheamus said his Super Bowl is in seven weeks, and it’s Wrestlemania. He said he’d walk into Wrestlemania as WWE Champion, meaning he’s going to have to win at the Elimination Chamber. He demanded that Edwards make him the last participant in the Chamber match. He said Edwards is the guest host of HIS show, meaning Edwards will have to do what he says. If he doesn’t, he won’t make Daytona the next week. But wait, the ECW Champion Christian came out. This is a rather interesting development. Perhaps setting the stage for moving him from ECW now that the brand is transforming into NXT? Christian got in the ring and introduced himself to Edwards. He said NASCAR was getting big in Canada. He made a joke about Canada being denied a WNBA franchise, and that didn’t get over at all. Christian was offended that last week, Edge mentioned that he’ll get to face Sheamus or Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and he was offended that Edge didn’t mention him. Christian did say that Mr. McMahon said ECW would be no more, replaced by the next generation of WWE programming. Sheamus said it made Christian a lame-duck champion. Christian went after Sheamus’ look and got a cheap shot at Sheamus not being tan. Sheamus said the only thing funny is that Christian will be out of a job in two weeks. On the contrary, said Christian, as in two weeks, every ECW wrestler will become a free agent, able to sign with any show. He said he wanted to test the Raw waters and challenge Sheamus to a match tonight. Edwards agreed, and called for a referee so the match could start now. After a handshake with referee John Cone, Edwards left the ring so the match could begin.

(1) Sheamus vs. Christian

Sheamus notched a take-down early in the match. Christian tried a cross-body off the second rope, but Sheamus caught him and gave him a fall-away slam. Sheamus then clotheslined Christian over the top rope, and they went to break about 50 seconds into the match.

[Commercial Break]

Christian worked out of a rest-hold out of break. They rammed into each other shoulder-to-shoulder, sending both men to the mat, but Sheamus only went to his knees. Low-bridge by Christian sent Sheamus to the floor. He successfully dove onto Sheamus on the outside. But Sheamus sent Christian arm-first into the ring post and worked over the arm. Back in the ring, Sheamus worked a hammer-lock and kept Christian grounded. Cole plugged the announcement of the first inductee into the 2010 WWE Hall-of-Fame. Christian made a comeback, including a European uppercut off the second rope. He tried a sunset flip I think, but Sheamus caught him. Pump kick missed, but Sheamus rammed him with a Polish Hammer-like move. Lawler called it a clothesline. Rope-assisted side-kick by Christian, then a tornado DDT for a near-fall. Killswitch attempt, but Sheamus got out. Christian to the top, but couldn’t landewhatever he tried. Sheamus threw Christian shoulder-first into the ring post, then he turned around right into a pump kick. Razor’s Edge by Sheamus finished things.

Winner: Sheamus, at 9:42. Good, competitive match, and a good win for Sheamus.

- Triple H was watching the monitor backstage with his mean face on when Shawn Michaels walked in. Shawn said that he’s been distracted lately, losing out on his shot to face Taker and get in the Chamber, but there’s a silver lining: Maybe DX can finally be at Wrestlemania together. Triple H interrupted and said he did qualify for the Chamber. Going to Mania as DX would be great, but he said he was looking to go to the big event as WWE Champion. Shawn was offended that Triple H was making it all about him. Aren’t we all! Then he walked out.

- Next, exclusive footage of what transpired between John Cena and Batista last week, after Raw went off the air.

[Commercial Break]

- Back with Lawler (in “RAW� t-shirt) and Cole at ringside. Lawler said McMahon banned Bret from the building this week. Cole threw it to footage of Batista’s attack on John Cena last week. The culminating shot was Batista powerbombing Cena on the ring steps.

- Ted DiBiase was backstage with Cody Rhodes. Rhodes said DiBiase must be pretty proud of himself. Rhodes talked about how DiBiase had the easier road to the Chamber than he did. Ted said it’s good that they’re disagreeing because everyone says they’re alike, but it’s clear he’s better than Cody. Orton interrupted and got in a line that reminded me of Seinfeld: “You think you’re better than me?� Luckily, he didn’t follow it up with “Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!� Orton said the guest host put DiBiase in a match with Cena tonight. And Rhodes had nothing to laugh at, as Orton was still upset that he cost him the match at the Rumble against Sheamus. Orton said he appreciated the effort, but Rhodes will be facing him tonight.

- The Straight Edge Society was walking backstage (with Punk and Serena hand-in-hand). The Elimination tag match is next.

[Commercial Break]

- Lawler plugged the WWE.com Diva’s Valentine’s Day photo gallery.

- Justin Roberts was back on ring announcing. Punk did some mic work, talking about the region falling on hard times and turning to drugs and alcohol. Punk referred to the Super Bowl as “that little football game that you won.� Man, I should’ve rooted for the Colts just to see the promo Punk would’ve cut had the Saints lost. Punk did his Straight Edge catchphrase and told the fans at home to place their hands on the TV screen. Punk noted they had a celebrity in the house: Jared from Subway. Punk said Jared is like him: He preaches to people who follow in his footsteps. Punk said the Straight Edge is looking for a minister of propaganda, and Jared would fit what they’re looking for as the Spokesperson for the Straight Edge Society. Jared wasn’t having it. Punk said he had a feeling he’d say no, so he’s going to make an example out of Jared. He told Gallows and Serena, “go get me Jared from Subway.� That was a hilarious line read. Before they could bring Jared over the barricade, DX came out. Shawn didn’t have the same enthusiasm that Hunter did during their entrance.

(2) Luke Gallows & C.M. Punk vs. DeGeneration X vs. The Miz & The Big Show- Triple Threat Elimination Tag Team Match for the Unified Tag Team Championship

Cole noted that Show was fined an undisclosed amount for striking the referee last week in his match with Kofi Kingston. A big brawl broke out amongst the three teams before the bell rang. Cole did a no-no and pointed out the referee, Charles Robinson, by name. DX cleared the ring and Cole noted the match would begin after break.

[Commercial Break]

Match was joined in progress out of break. Punk and Michaels were the legal men, with Teddy Long sitting at ringside observing the match. Big Show attempted to splash Michaels and Punk in the corner, but they both escaped it. Ah, OK, three men are legal men at a time. Gallows, Show and Triple H were in there after tags were made. Show fought off both challengers with headbutts, one of his three offensive moves these days. Triple H tried to Pedigree Show, but Show back-dropped him over the top rope. Jeez, they took another break 2:20 later.

[Commercial Break]

Punk attempted pins on Triple H and Miz, neither of which were successful. Miz got some offense in on Triple H and Punk as well. Miz almost got turned inside-out, however, but a clothesline from The Game. Dropkick by Punk on Miz for two. Jaw-breaker by Miz and his patented corner clothesline found the mark. Serena took Miz out behind the ref’s back. As Miz tried to chase after Serena, Triple H caught him and gave him a spinebuster. Hunter crawled into the ring and tried to tag HBK, but Punk grabbed a leg to prevent it. But not for long, as the tag was made. Flying forearm and Michaels looked for a kip-up, but decided against it. Cole reasoned that doing that move cost him the match last week. Elbowdrop off the top rope by Shawn, then he prepared for the superkick. Gallows took him out though, and Triple H clotheslined him over the top rope. Superkick on Punk by Michaels to eliminate them. I just don’t get that booking. They were eliminated at approximately 8:47. Big Show cleaned up and trash talked Michaels. Headbutt put Shawn back on the mat. More methodical offense from Show. Michaels tried to battle back and finally did with a boot up on a corner charge. And another. Side slam by Show as HBK failed to capitalize. Miz tagged in and booted Michaels right in the face. Neck-breaker from Miz as Show cheered him on from the apron. From behind, he attempted to lock on the Skull Crushing Finale. Michaels countered it and Big Show tagged in. But Michaels, from out of nowhere, dropped Show with a superkick. Show didn’t sell it for long, tagging Miz in, but Michaels also made the tag. High knee to Miz and Triple H was feeling it. Big spinebuster and HBK tagged himself in. The DX members argued and Miz came from behind, pushing HBK into Triple H and rolling him up for the win.

Winners: The Miz and Big Show, at about 16:00. I don’t know why/how Big Show and Miz leap-frogged Punk and Gallows on the tag team depth chart. Hopefully that means bigger and better things for Punk. DX losing the titles here was not a surprise.

Shawn and Triple H argued after the match and Michaels angrily walked to the back alone.

-Still to come, John Cena goes one-on-one with Ted DiBiase.

-Also, Cody Rhodes faces Randy Orton.

[Commercial Break]

-They replayed the key moments in the last match.

-Josh Mathews was joined backstage by Big Show and The Miz. Show took a shot at Jericho, saying they did something he and Jericho could never do: Beat DX. Show said Miz respects him and treats him like a friend. Miz said together, they will run WWE. Miz called them “The MizShow.� Show preferred “ShowMiz,� as in “showbiz.�

-Cole and Lawler discussed the Elimination Chamber card.

-Michaels was walking in a huff backstage. HBK ran into Carlito and Alicia Fox, and he was demanding to know where “he� was. Then he ran into Teddy Long, and HBK demanded that Long trade for him on Smackdown. Michaels asked for Long to take one of the Smackdown guys out of the Chamber and put him in so he can get a shot at Taker. Michaels told Long to make it happen. Long told him that the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match was already set. Carlito was still looking on in the background. Long advised HBK to take a deep breath. Michaels grabbed Long by the collar and put him up against the wall. Triple H broke it up and asked if he’s willing to throw DX and his career away for this obsession. HBK said “my career is over.� Then he superkicked Long and walked away. Now that Michaels has lost it, will they revisit his quote to Mr. McMahon several weeks ago when prodded about Bret Hart coming back: “Only good things will happen�?

[Commercial Break]

-Moments ago, HBK attacked Smackdown GM Teddy Long. I can’t wait to hear about the fine he gets for this one! Upon replay, Long was superkicked into Carlito, who softened Long’s fall.

-Maryse joined the announcers for the next match. She faces Gail Kim at the Chamber PPV for the Divas Title.

(3) Gail Kim vs. Jillian Hall

The bell rang right after Maryse was shown at the announce table. Kim was sent to ringside early on as Maryse talked about Michelle McCool acting “low class� by publicly talking trash about Mickie James. Before you knew it, Gail wriggled out of a bodyslam and Kim used her finisher on Jillian for the win.

Winner: Kim, at :59.

Maryse got on the mic and said what a big fan of Gail’s she was. She said she was looking forward to having the best match of her life against Kim at the Chamber PPV. And win the title, right? Maryse then spoke in French and laughed. She wished Gail good luck and extended her hand for a handshake. Gail accepted and Maryse said, “may the best Diva win.�

-Cole threw it to a video package for the first inductee for the Hall-of-Fame Class of 2010: “The Million Dollar Man� Ted DiBiase. Lots of early Million Dollar Man vignettes. Oh, and kicking the basketball away from the kid, costing him thousands! No announcement on who will induct him. Virgil? IRS? Ted DiBiase Jr? Next week, we’ll get another inductee.

-Teddy Jr. faces John Cena tonight.

-But next, Randy Orton faces Cody Rhodes.

[Commercial Break]

-Jared and Carl Edwards were shown hob-nobbing backstage. Subway is a sponsor of Edwards’ race team. Santino walked in and sang the five-dollar foot-long song. Jared plugged the latest Subway deal. I hope they mention Santino stealing Lawler’s delicious Subway sandwich some time ago. Marella got back to business and complained to Edwards about Jack Swagger. Edwards made a match for Superstars, Marella vs. Swagger. Kofi Kingston walked in and shook hands with Edwards. Edwards apologized for not putting him in a match, but Kingston said it was OK since he needs to rest up. But he suggested putting all the Chamber participants in random one-on-one matches next week. Edwards asked if he should make the matches or allow the guest host next week to do so. Santino suggested that if next week’s guest host has class and civility, they’ll do the right thing. Then the screen showed Jerry Springer addressing the WWE Universe, saying he’d be guest hosting next week. Then they showed some fights from the Springer show in the past. Back to the backstage shot, where the guys were looking not-so-confident about this guest host being all the things Santino suggested. They were talking to each other, but no audio.

(4) Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton

No entrance for Rhodes. Orton got in Rhodes’ face and shoved him. They trash-talked each other and this one is reminding me of DiBiase vs. Orton from a month or two ago. Quick dropkick by Rhodes, then a cover. This doesn’t have the heat the DiBiase vs. Orton match had. Orton hammered away with rights on Rhodes. Rhodes set up for a DDT, but Orton dropped him stomach-first over the top rope. Lawler said apparently Edwards will be making some more matches for next week. Man, he’s only appeared in two segments so far. I guess the less the better. It’s WM season, and they gotta focus more on the talent. Rhodes was set on the top rope, but he was able to avoid an Orton suplex. Cross-body from the top missed. Orton was ready to strike with the RKO, but Sheamus ran down and stuck his head into the ring. That distracted Orton and allowed Rhodes to land the Cross-Rhodes for the win.

Winner: Rhodes, at 2:48. Interesting result. I’d say that makes up for the short squash by Cena of Rhodes last week.

Sheamus ran into the ring and gave the Pump Kick to Orton. Rhodes grabbed a chair, causing Sheamus to halt the attack and leave the ring.

-They again showed Batista attacking John Cena after Raw last week.

-Cena was walking backstage. He faces DiBiase next.

[Commercial Break]

-Josh Mathews was backstage with Carl Edwards, who had a major announcement. He said he’s leaving his mark tonight, by giving the WWE Universe something they’d never forget. All of the Chamber participants will be facing each other in singles matches next week. It’ll be Sheamus vs. Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase vs. Kofi Kingston, and John Cena vs. Triple H. He said the Road to Wrestlemania is heating up, so start your engines.

(5) Ted DiBiase vs. John Cena

Cena ran to the ring and attacked DiBiase before the bell. He threw him outside the ring as the referee tried to get him to stop. Cena threw DiBiase into the barricade outside the ring. He locked DiBiase in the STF. He started tapping, but it was outside the ring and the match hadn’t started yet. Referees came out to check on DiBiase as Cena grabbed a mic and went into the ring.

Winner: No match

Cena said he didn’t come to the arena to have a match and he’s not wasting anymore time. He addressed Batista, saying he doesn’t know why he did what he did, but he just wants to fight him. Cena said Batista didn’t take him out, because he’s still here. He then called out Batista to face him like a man. He said he wasn’t going anywhere ‘til Dave came out. I would question why Batista would even be there….but that would probably get me nowhere. They went to break. Is this one more than the usual amount they take during Raw?

[Commercial Break]

Cena was still working the mic as Batista had not showed up yet. He looked right into the camera and said Batista should be scared for his life. He then said that perhaps Batista’s attack on him was a business decision related to Mr. McMahon. Two weeks ago, Cena said he called McMahon pathetic. Conveniently, a week later, he gets attacked by Batista. He suggested that Vince was behind the attack, and if he’s not going to fight Batista, then he’d really like to talk to Vince McMahon. McMahon obliged him by coming out. He came out to the stage and waved security out. He strutted next to the stoic security guards, which was pretty funny. McMahon asked Cena what he had to say. Cena said ten security guards won’t stop him…if he wanted to stop him, he should’ve brought out a tank. Cena basically said told Vince they could do things the easy way, or the hard way. McMahon said he’s certainly man enough to stand in the ring alone with Cena. He reminded Cena that he is the supreme Alpha male. He said when God created the heavens and earth, it wasn’t Adam he had in mind….it was him. McMahon said Batista was compensated for his actions last week, and McMahon seemed proud of his actions vis-à-vis Bret Hart last week. However, he said he had nothing to do with Batista attacking Cena. Apparently, he was only paid off for the attack on Hart. Vince said that Cena eliminated Batista from the Rumble, that’s a good reason to attack him last week. Or maybe Batista doesn’t like Cena- Lord knows Vince doesn’t. McMahon said he doesn’t like the orange of Cena, or the Louisiana hayseeds, among others.

McMahon said business-wise he likes Cena, and John interrupted saying it’s all about the money with McMahon. Well, he has memorably said that on several occasions. Cena said McMahon took a good guy like Batista and paid him off. Does Cena not watch Smackdown? He said he doesn’t do what he does for the money, but because he loves it. Cheap pop for another Saints Super Bowl reference. Cena called Vince “Daddy Warbucks� and said he does what he does for moments like the Chamber match, where he’ll walk out WWE Champion. Cena talked about the “moment,� why the WWE Superstars do what they do, and why the fans come to the arenas. Cena said he had a chance to talk to Bret Hart last week. And apparently, Hart wants another one of those moments. Cena said he heard Bret say something last week that he never thought he’d say again: He wants to wrestle another match. And he wants that match to be at Wrestlemania. And he wants the opponent to be Vince McMahon. Cena said the spotlight is now on Vince, who has the chance to have a WM moment. Is he about the money, or is he about the moment. Can’t the two go hand-in-hand? Cena left the ring and Vince said he was about both. He also said he doesn’t think Bret once any of him. Cena again asked McMahon, yes or no. “Shutupp!� Vince shouted. He then went into a rage and said the answer was yes. Cena said he told the WWE Universe and the Louisiana fans….and now he has one more person to tell. Cena then walked to the back as Vince addressed Bret, saying he was up in Calgary in an igloo somewhere. McMahon said Bret doesn’t want a piece of him because he doesn’t want to be embarrassed like he was last week. Then they showed that video package again. McMahon asked why Bret would want any of him. Bret came through the crowd and attacked Vince. A weak punch put Vince down as Bret pummeled security. That allowed Vince to leave the ring and talk from the top of the ramp. McMahon taunted Bret by saying he changed his mind and won’t fight Bret at Wrestlemania because Bret deserved to be screwed. He then ran to the back as Bret went to the side of the stage and began tearing up some of the equipment. He even fell as he brought one audio piece to the ground. Bret went back to ringside and reenacted what happened after Survivor Series, as he destroyed the announce desk and monitors. He went back into the ring and the crowd cheered him heavily. Then his music played as he played to the crowd as the show went off the air.

BTW, when they showed the John Cena/Batista stuff, did anyone else think the music the showed during the video-that little guitar riff-sounded an awful lot like something you would of heard walking through a town in a Final Fantasy game?

when is survivor series again?

and i dont know about you guys...but i feel like going to youtube and watching a hitman match.

maybe the one vs the british bulldog...

I have his best of DVD and the Summerslam 92 match is on there. He also had a WWE Championship match with the Bulldog at In Your House 95 that I felt was just as good. Bret is bleeding like crazy in it and Davey wasn't ring rusty like he was at Summerslam.

The DVD is awesome too, it has a great documentary and some great matches. Perfect at Summerslam 91 for the IC title, Diesel at Survivor Series 95 for the WWE title (always a favorite Hitman match of mine) and lesser known matches from the late 80s with Ricky Steamboat and the Million Dollar Man.

There's no Iron Man Match (Bret said in an interview that, being over an hour, it was just too long for the DVD) and no Hart Foundation-Demolition from Summerslam 90. That was a 2/3 Falls match that was just awesome. Its a shame that both of those matches are missing, but the DVD is still worth owning.

Oh, and Survivor Series is in November.

that sounds like a really awesome dvd.

ive seen that 91 match vs Perfect (god rest his soul, he was also one of my favorites)

and ive also seen that 95 match with diesel (that match kicked ass)

I'm really enjoying this HBK angle and am intrigued to see what will happen next.

It was good to see Sheamus go over someone with a clean pinfall. Yes, it's a shame it had to be Christian, but it doesn't really hurt Captain Charisma that much. Sheamus really needed the win, the only other person he has beaten since winning the title via pinfall has been Evan Bourne (twice! and both on Raw) so it was good to see. I'm liking Sheamus a lot more these days, he's definitely growing on me.

Do you think the WWE is pushing Miz? He has three titles and three belts now. Go Showmiz.

TONIGHT: “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!� Jerry Springer is the guest host of Raw tonight, the go-home show for the Elimination Chamber PPV. Like on Smackdown, the Chamber participants will be paired off in one-on-one matches tonight, as decided by last week’s guest host, Carl Edwards: Sheamus vs. Randy Orton, Triple H vs. John Cena, and Kofi Kingston vs. Ted DiBiase. Speaking of Cena, Batista will be on the show to address Cena’s comments from last week. Also, more hype for the Maryse vs. Gail Kim Divas Title match at the Chamber will likely go down tonight. And follow-upon Shawn Michaels’ melt-down and the Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon feud as well.

-Aw, I was hoping to hear the woman announcer on the dog show throw it to Monday Night Raw!

-WWE Open.

-Cold open to the arena, where Justin Roberts introduced the Iowa Color Guard. In honor of President’s Day, they had 15-year old Allison Ewell sing the National Anthem from the top of the stage. Not sure the spelling of her name as they couldn’t be bothered to give her chyron.

-Raw Open.

-There’s the open we’re used to! Lots o’ fireworks, Michael Cole, and Jerry Lawler welcomed fans to the Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines, Iowa.

-Tonight, Raw guest host Jerry Springer will reveal WWE Superstars’ most intimate relationships!

-Plus, Bret Hart will address the WWE Universe tonight.

-They showed the parking lot outside the arena, awaiting the entrance of Batista. He’ll respond to John Cena tonight.

(1) Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

During Orton’s entrance, Cole talked about the other Chamber participants in action tonight. Orton caught Sheamus with an uppercut in the corner after Sheamus showed off a bit too much. In response, Sheamus hammered away on Orton in the corner following a collar-and-elbow tie-up. “RKO� chants from the crowd. Early cover after a knee to the back of the head for a two-count by Sheamus. Sheamus missed a pump kick and Orton tried an RKO, but the champ escaped and bailed to ringside. They went to break about 1:20 into the match.

[Commercial Break]

The show returned with Orton giving Sheamus the ol’ Garvin Stomp. Sheamus went back on offense soon after, though. Legacy was at ringside at this point, by the way. Orton gave Sheamus his patented back-breaker and began to stalk Sheamus. RKO, but Sheamus again ducked, thought it looked pretty ugly. At least Randy held it together. To the outside where Sheamus had Orton up for a powerslam, but Sheamus was shoved into the ring post. As Orton went inside the ring, Ted DiBiase tried to attack Sheamus, but Sheamus fought him off. Rhodes took him out from behind and the ref saw it, and called for the DQ.

Winner: Sheamus, via DQ, at 8:34. Hey, the referee’s are really coming out looking competent in this feud/angle! Sheamus again can’t get a decent clean win.

After the match, Rhodes and DiBiase went into the ring to plead their case, and Teddy appeared to blame Rhodes. Orton gave Rhodes the RKO to a big pop. Sheamus went on the attack and booted DiBiase in the face, only to be RKO’d by Orton.

-The main event this evening will be Triple H vs. John Cena.

-Bret Hart was walking backstage. He’ll address the WWE Universe next.

[Commercial Break]

-They showed the exterior of the Iowa Capital Building.

-Cole and Lawler talked on camera about Bret Hart’s return and Vince McMahon’s attacks on him. They went to footage of last week’s main event segment, featuring John Cena, Vince McMahon and Bret Hart.

-Justin Roberts introduced Bret “The Hitman� Hart. Bret said it’s no real shock that Vince McMahon isn’t in the building this evening. He said if he had, he would’ve greeted Vince at the airport, at his hotel and/or at the building. Not sure which he meant. Anyway, he said he wanted to finish things once and for all with McMahon. Good crowd reaction for Hart, including a “Bret� chant. Hart said he tried to bury the hatchet with Vince, but Vince didn’t want it. Now they’re giving him the “what� chant. Hart said that Vince’s words that Bret deserved to be screwed are echoing in his head. He said he thought Vince deserved to have the holy hell beat out of him. He called McMahon the World’s greatest liar. Hart said that it would’ve been so sweet for him to have one last victory at Wrestlemania, but it’s not to be, because Vince lied about that too. Man, who’s that annoying guy in the crowd that some mic keeps picking up? Bret said he wanted to thank all of the WWE Superstars in the locker room for welcoming him back. And he thanked the WWE Universe for welcoming him back. He also thanked John Cena. He also wanted to take the time to say goodbye. He thanked the fans, set the mic down and left the ring. Bold prediction: I don’t think we’ve seen the last of HIM!

-Cole and Lawler discussed what just happened.

-They went to Bret in the back, walking in the hallway. He met up with Kofi Kingston and Kofi thanked him. Then he walked by Jack Swagger and Alicia Fox. He wished him good luck and Fox hugged him. Even Primo came up to him and asked him if he was really leaving. Bret said to say hello to his father for him. Evan Bourne and Gail Kim also gave Bret some dap. They went to King and Cole talking again, then back to Bret, this time, walking with Cena. Bret wished someone good luck, and he got into a car (or possibly limo). Cena tried to talk Bret out of walking out, but Bret wasn’t having it. Cena turned around and started walking. All of a sudden, we heard the sound of a car backing up and Bret screaming in pain. Cena ran back to see what happened, and the car backed into the limo door, where Bret’s leg was caught in it. Some woman got out of the car and she got a brow-beating from Cena. Hey, that’s just reinforcing negative stereotypes about women drivers! Primo, Kim, Bourne and the WWE trainer checked on him. He was still mostly in the car and we could only see his leg being worked on. They pulled him out the other side as the bystanders made worried faces. “All you had to do was close the door Bret, but you were too damn selfish! That’s why I backed my leg into your leg!� Sorry, that came into my head for some reason. They put him in an ambulance and took him away. Another plot twist!

[Commercial Break]

-They showed what just happened, with Bret getting blind-sided by a car. Cole said they’d try to keep us updated on Bret’s condition throughout the show.

(2) The Miz & The Big Show vs. MVP & Mark Henry

Yes, they had a mash-up of Miz’s and Show’s theme songs. I liked Jericho and Show’s better, personally. MVP got the better of Miz at the outset, including kicking him in the head. Miz was sent to the outside with that move, and they went to break 45 seconds in.

[Commercial Break]

Miz was trying to keep MVP away from making the tag to Mark Henry. Miz took a swipe at Henry, so MVP back body-dropped Miz. Henry came in and gave the World’s Strongest Slam to Miz. Big Show came in to break up the pin with a legdrop. Tag to Show but Henry peppered him with rights. Splash in the corner and a slam attempt, but he couldn’t do it. Show turned it into a DDT instead. Show tried to walk over Henry and nearly tripped over him. Cole tried to cover by saying Henry attempted to grab Show’s leg, but anyone paying attention would realize that wasn’t the case. Show missed his Vader bomb, which allowed Henry to make the tag. MVP came in and hit his signature offense. Show superkicked him in a move that showed a lot of light. Miz tagged in and only got two on a pin attempt, but MVP rolled him up in a surprise for a three-count.

Winners: MVP & Henry, at 6:34. An OK match, and I assume this starts a feud between these two teams.

-They showed clips of the Jerry Springer show, and up next, he’ll reveal WWE Superstars’ most intimate relationships.

[Commercial Break]

-Justin Roberts introduced Jerry Springer, who came out with his Springer bodyguards. I think he came out to the Springer theme, but I honestly don’t know. They even have the JerryTron 5000 in the ring! Springer said tonight, WWE Superstars’ most intimate relationships will be revealed. Has Springer’s voice always been that squealy-sounding. Kelly Kelly was the first to come out. Jerry told Kelly it was great to have her on. He said he’s a fan of the show, but she hasn’t wrestled lately. Kelly had a confession- she’s pregnant! Fans booed that. Springer asked who the baby daddy was. Kelly said she wasn’t sure, as there are a lot of possibilities. I think this is more like Maury. Kelly said she might know…..and Santino Marella’s music hit. Santino, in his cobra t-shirt, came out. Kelly looked very happy. Marella called Jerry “Maury,� and said it’s true, that he is the father. Springer said that wasn’t exactly true. Kelly said that when Santino was sleeping, she needed someone to “finish the job.� That’s disgusting. Marella then started arguing with Kelly and Michael Cole interrupted. He said that was he and Kelly’s secret and he called her a hussy. Then Lawler said she wasn’t talking about Cole….she was talking about him! Marella got the crowd started in a “Jerry, Jerry� chant. Springer said Kelly is a bit old for Lawler and that he usually picks up his women on the playground. Marella interjected, saying like GrandMaster Sexay, Lawler and Kelly’s kid will be a screw-up! Then The Bella Twins came out.

They had a confession for Jerry too. Nikki shouted that her sister Brie was a man. The two of them started catfighting, but security broke them up. Springer asked about Kelly again, and Chris Masters came out. This is gonna piss Eve off. Kelly said she couldn’t help herself and Springer told Masters to put on a bra, the same thing Ozzy did. Eve stormed out and she got in Kelly’s face, asking what Kelly was doing with her man. Another catfight, and again Marella and Lawler led the crowd in a “Jerry, Jerry� chant. Masters told Eve she wasn’t getting the job done, that’s why he had to go to Kelly. Eve had a secret too- she has been cheating on Chris with someone who is a whole lot more man than Masters. It was The Great Khali. He lifted Eve in his arms and they kissed. Security had to hold Masters back from attacking. I would actually say this has been one of the more normal Springer episodes. I hope we get his “final thought.� Marella wanted to know who the father was. Jerry had the results of the paternity test. I’m guessing it’s Hornswoggle. Springer said he didn’t know how to pronounce this, so Marella raised his unibrow and shouted “Hornswoggle?!?!� Kelly got on her knees to hug Hornswoggle. Springer said this was too crazy for him, and he left. As Springer walked out, Lawler got on the mic and stood on the middle rope. He said the group put on this charade to freak Springer out. He clarified by saying everything they said earlier wasn’t true. Ranjin Singh said that, like much of the audience, Khali feels this has been a waste of time. Lawler objected and said there is one intimate relationship they want to expose. And it’s a relationship….with Mae Young. She came out and did her thing to Springer. I’m not sure how to feel about that segment. I mean, the easy thing to say is how terrible it was, but I was laughing at the pure absurdity of it.

-They showed the parking lot again, awaiting Batista’ entrance.

-Also, John Cena faces Triple H in the main event this evening.

[Commercial Break]

(3) Kofi Kingston vs. Ted DiBiase

The announcers talked about DiBiase not being 100% after that kick from Sheamus earlier in the night. DiBiase aggressively went after Kofi in the corner, but Kofi exploded out and punched away at the head of DiBiase. High dropkick from Kingston, and DiBiase grabbed the ropes, evidently dazed based on the look on his face. Kofi kicked at the legs of DiBiase, then Kofi tripped him up. To the top he went, and came down with a chop to the head. More Kofi offense. He went for the Boom Drop and connected. Crowd wasn’t much into Kofi, aside from his signature spots. DiBiase struggled to get to his feet, and fell down before he could. Kingston charged but missed a splash as he crotched himself on the top rope. DiBiase pulled him down and landed Dream Street for the win.

Winner: DiBiase, at 2:57. First, Kingston backs into the Chamber match by winning via DQ, now he can’t beat a guy who clearly wasn’t 100%? I mean, Kingston got a lot of the offense, but jeez.

-The next entrant into the Class of 2010 WWE Hall-of-Fame: Antonio Inoki.

[Commercial Break]

-Lawler thanked Cypress Hill for providing the Elimination Chamber theme song. I didn’t know they were still around.

-Cole had the gall to call this “possibly the worst night in the history of Bret Hart.� They showed what happened earlier. We even got security cam footage of it from a different angle. Lawler said they haven’t gotten any further word on Bret’s condition.

-The Elimination Chamber matches were previewed via video package. Then they did the regular preview of the matches on the card.

-Hey, we finally got the Final Thought with Jerry Springer. He talked about the Elimination Chamber matches this Sunday. He said the Road To Wrestlemania gets a lot clearer this Sunday. “Take care of yourself, and each other.� Then he walked off the set with Mae Young, as apparently, he’s now smitten with her.

-John Cena was walking backstage. Apparently, since Batista hasn’t arrived, Cena is going to come out next.

[Commercial Break]

-John Cena entered the arena. They showed a video of Batista’s attack on Cena from two weeks ago. Cena said he doesn’t know Bret Hart’s condition, but everyone is pulling for him. He turned his attention to Dave Batista. He said Batista told everyone that he was coming to Raw to respond to his threats. Cena then called him out and told Batista to realize that he doesn’t make threats. Instead, he came on the TitanTron, live via satellite. Cena was less than excited. He said he’d get Batista to come out by turning his back, since that’s what happened last time. Batista said he’s doing Cena a huge favor by not showing up tonight. He said Cena does not want them to be in the same ring together. Batista said if they do lock horns again, Cena will wish it was a bad dream. Cena said those are the words of a tough guy, or, someone who acts like they’re tough. Batista just laughed and Cena said he’s no dentist, but he’ll take care of that smile for Batista. Dave said this was funny to him, because Cena keeps running his mouth when he’s not there. He said that next week, he will be at Raw, live, in the arena. He said we’ll see how mouthy Cena is then. He told Cena good luck on Sunday, as he’s pulling for him. Cena said he’s not afraid to get in the Chamber, unlike Batista. He finished by saying, “you want some, come get some!� Batista then got out of his seat and left. Triple H’s music hit (the actual Triple H music, not DX). The Game made his entrance for the main event. The match takes place next.

[Commercial Break]

-Next week’s guest hosts: Singer Jewel and her husband, bull-rider Ty Murray.

(4) John Cena vs. Triple H

Match started slowly with Cena applying a side-headlock. Shoulder tackle by Cena, but Triple H turned the tables and applied some shoulders to the gut of Cena in the corner. Fisherman suplex by Cena, but only a count of two could be attained. One-handed bulldog was avoided by Triple, who capitalized with a knee-drop. Cena came back and tried the STF, but The Game powered out. Cena threw Trips into the corner, sending Triple H over the buckle and to the outside. Cena tried to jump on Triple H, but he avoided it and Cena landed on the barricade. Trips tried a Pedigree, but Cena back-dropped out of it, still on the outside. They went to break at this point.

[Commercial Break]

Cena was working out of a rear chin-lock upon return. Shoulderblock to Triple H, and another. Five Knuckle Shuffle, but he couldn’t successfully land the Attitude Adjustment. Lawler again said there is no update on Bret Hart yet. At least they didn’t just forget about it. On the top rope, Trips tried to suplex Cena off, but Cena blocked it. Before he could hit a move off there, The Game crotched him. This time, Cena battled out again, but then connected on the legdrop across the back of Triple H’s neck. That got a two-count. STF was countered again by Triple H going to his back. They tussled and Trips caught Cena in a half-crab. Cena countered into a roll-up, but he turned that into an STF which was locked in. The ropes were within reach and he got to them to force a break. Cena measured him and picked him up for an Attitude Adjustment. Triple H grabbed the ropes and Cena let go. He went off the ropes and was met with a high knee. Spinebuster by Trips, then he set up for the Pedigree. The WWE Title flew into the ring, then soon after, Sheamus, who pump-kicked Triple H, causing a DQ.

Winner: Triple H, via DQ, at 11:51. Your basic Cena vs. Triple H match. No surprises here.

Cena got the better of Sheamus, but Sheamus came back with a pump kick for him after missing the first try. Crucifix Slam to Triple H. The show went off the air with a “you suck� chant for Sheamus and him standing tall in the ring.

Here is the lineup for NXT, debuting next Tuesday. Each "rookie" from developmental has a veteran to show them the ropes.

* The Miz & Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson)

* MVP & Skip Sheffield

* Chris Jericho & Wade Barrett

* Matt Hardy & Justin Gabriel (current FCW Champ Justin Angel)

* Carlito & Michael Tarver

* Christian & Heath Slater

* CM Punk & Darren Young

* R-Truth & David Otunga (husband of Jennifer Hudson)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.