Official Wrestling Discussion

geemoney

Looks like AJ vs Naomi will be a match. Also the tag team titles might be defended

Add the divas match and the tag titles will be on the line as the brotherhood puts the titles on the line vs . New Age Outlaws, which I feel is a mockery of the rest of the division. also have to think Punk will have a match maybe unless he is just in the rumble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whats the best way to pair up these guys for Wrestlemania: Undertaker, Lesnar, HHH, Punk, Cena, Bryan, Batista, and Orton?

Then there are rumblings that Sting might join the WWE or that HBK might do one more match. I guess having a lot of top guys is a good problem.

Would like to see:

Taker/HHH

Lesnar/Batista

Bryan/Cena

Orton/HBK

Sting/Punk

Please no Taker/HHH again, I was disappointed to see it happen for the 2nd time in a row (and 3rd overall).

Taker isn't going to lose his streak at this point. There's no one who really needs or deserves the rub of "beating the streak" anyway. The HBK matches were big because you felt Taker/WWE might view him as the one worthy of ending it. There was also a fear that HHH might be the one to do it for various HHH/McMahon reasons. Once that didn't happen in the first one of the successive matches, I knew it wouldn't happen in the second. There was no danger of Punk beating the streak either with how open he has been in wanting to retire sooner rather then later.

Lesnar isn't going to beat Taker, the guy has a cushy deal and isn't a company guy. He also doesn't need to win for any reason at all, no point in having that match either. Part of the enjoyment is being left in suspense of who is going to win, not because you believe it is for real, but not knowing which way WWE is going to go with it.

I would need some doubt put into my mind that the streak is really at stake. I would only get that with Cena, Bryan and Sting.

Cena because he's been the ultimate WWE pro for nearly 10 years, he's done everything right and you know Taker respects the hell out of a company man like that. What better way to give Cena his ultimate sign of respect then by having him end the streak? You know Vince/WWE wants to put Cena in the light of "greatest ever" and this would be another

Cena doesn't need that rub at all, he would make us "haters" get on him even more, but I could see it happening.

Bryan because he is the hottest thing going right now and his entire story for the last year has been about a lack of respect and validity. We all know its a story, but it also has a basis in reality. Does the WWE really believe in him? Bryan has been a wrestling stalwart for 10-15 years and, once again, that is something Taker would respect. You want to make a new WWE superstar? The title, sadly, isn't going to do that for Bryan at this point. The streak would though. He doesn't really "need" it either, but once again... it would add some doubt in my mind that I need for a Taker at Mania match.

As for Sting... he really is the last outlaw. WWE has beaten all of the big companies, they've consumed those worlds like Galactus or Unicron. They got all the ECW stars, all of the WCW stars except for.... Sting. That man has a Hall of Fame career, but he hasn't done shit in the WWE itself. He is a man in his early 50s who has no need to beat the streak, but then... I don't see it happening for that reason. I only see it happening as a sign of respect or a validity of someone else's career via Taker who wants to do it that way. If Sting-Taker happened at Mania and Sting did the job for Taker.... there would also be that same respect going the other way. But still... there would be enough doubt there for me to wonder.

I'd rather see Sting-Taker or Bryan-Taker, but then something like Sting-Punk would be awesome too. I doubt HBK returns, but if he does... it only has to be for Bryan. No one else is worth it given their history.

So...the Pittsburgh crowd was not a fan of Batista winning the Rumble.

PPV sucked. Cena vs Orton for the 100x time? I'm glad the crowd shit on that match. Lesnar killing the Big Show was the only thing I liked.

If Orton vs Batista is the main event at Mania, WWE has some real problems.

Holy smokes was the RUMBLE terrible! Blew major balls! The Rumble match in itself wasn't to bad. There was some cool spots. Like how they had Kofi do another stunt to save himself, Roman elimination record but the outcome was terrible. Bastista blows and Bryan wasn't even in it which I was shocked.

Not good...

I did like how Lesnar came out during the Orton/Batista segment. If they really were planning Orton vs Batista at Mania, I dont think they would have needed to send out Lesnar. I wonder where they will go with this?

The ending was strange. The good guys won via DQ when Cena was attacked. Then the Shield was pissed off at the Wyatts. Are they setting up a possible 3 on 3 match at the chamber?

The ending was strange. The good guys won via DQ when Cena was attacked. Then the Shield was pissed off at the Wyatts. Are they setting up a possible 3 on 3 match at the chamber?

Can you imagine those 6 facing off inside the Chamber? Elimination Tag Team Match. That'd be pretty cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.