Official Wrestling Discussion

geemoney

Lesnar was in talks to rejoin WWE for the longest time. I'm sure Lesnar was talking to McMahon at the time and Taker was told to go to the event to manufacture some potential drama.

Also, after some thought I gotta say the streak went the way it should. Whoever ended the streak would've been burdened with that title the rest of the career, especially for a younger up and comer. At least with Lesnar it just reaffirms his status in WWE as a beast, and now anybody who beats him (and Lesnar is very giving when it comes to letting other wrestlers go 'over' him) gets to say they beat the streak killer.

It also adds to the idea that nothing is guaranteed and unpredictability needs to be the focal point of the so called "Reality Era". Trips did a great job organizing this Wrestlemania. The story was Grade A good this year. The matches themselves were nothing to go crazy about. The best match of the night was the last match, and that was in great part due to the fact that most of the matches that preceded it were mediocre for one reason or another. Trips and Undertaker matches were due to ring rust, Wyatt and Cena was simply a platform for Wyatt to be his awesomely strange self, the Shield were given a squash match, and the tag team match was buried on the Pre-Show. It's fun to not know what is gonna happen tonight.

After Mania Raw's are usually spectacular, but this one was a whole new level of great. I loved all the new people who got major time today. Can't wait for what they have planned.

Also, this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne8SWH-Mf7c

Is the reason Paige winning the title is such a big deal. She's not in WWE for some kind of modeling career or acting career. She's there because she grew up watching wrestling, loving it, and became a damn good wrestler in the process. I want to see AJ and Paige fued for the next ten years. I want to see them rejuvinate the Divas division like we all know they can. Paige is obviously the next big thing, and the way they debuted her was perfect (although I would've rather seen her lose to AJ while putting up a hell of a fight, earning a shot at Extreme Rules). That was probably the most excited I was to hear somebody's theme in quite some time.

Bo Dallas is coming up soon. Bo-lieve in that! So much awesome came from this Raw. Out with the old, in with the new.

Even though I have seen some of Paige's matches and while she is awesome I feel it was a little too quick to give her the belt, especially in such a quick match.

I have a strange love for AJ and would go to a show if I was guaranteed 2 minutes with her.

2 minutes to do what? Get turned down? ;D

"Every man's heart one day beats it's final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath, and if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others and makes them bleed deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized."

Just rewatched the Taker-Lesnar match. The match kind of sucked. The ending was great, but Taker didnt not match up with someone as big as Lesnar. It didnt help he got a concussion early on.

It'll be interesting to see if they try and resign Lesnar, who's contract expires Wrestlemania 31.

I'm pretty sure we'll get Lesnar vs Cesaro and vs Daniel Bryan soon.

Is extreme rules going to be the long await return for War games? It sets up perfectly to have a four on four match.

Even a four on four extreme rules match would be great. If they want to sell the network, they need to make all the PPVs interesting, not just the big ones.

I don't see any real reason as to why Kane would face Daniel Bryan for the title. IMO those two should be added to the final match with Shield and Evolution, buuut what can you do?

Just a filler match.

In theory, the card looks better with the title defended. However, I'd much rather have a 4 on 4 extreme rules or war games match.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.